PEAI Latest News and Updates

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
Derqua

Postby Derqua » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:54 am

New CPU units look great, can't wait till I get a chance to try it out.
chezze

Postby chezze » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:11 pm

Looking forward to the new setup. The demo was fun, but all these new features I am dying to try out. Looking forward to beating up on the new bad guy AI too.
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:23 pm

WOW! that's a huge list of changes :)

EDIT: after some game testing

Wanderers:
Against the AI, it's very hard as they will take up a lot of the map and easily kill all wanderers. If possible, it'd probably help to have a speed upgrade for them and more health.

Teslas:
I don't know; removing detection and antiair would cause them to go from overpowered to useless since detection is pretty hard to get. Personally, I don't find them that massively overpowered, IMO it'd be better to go with a 25% hp reduction, and longer build time. Essentially make them more of a glass cannon kind of thing where they can dish out lots of damage but also collapse quickly.

Personally I think t2 planars are much more to worry about than teslas. :D Tesla walls can be bypassed with the air units and especially familiar transport. The building limit restricts it further. Having too weak of teslas will cause the t2 planars to be too strong as they are already capable of much destruction. Of course, I go for those anyways. :P

thoughts about sentries:
I didn't realize melee units had air attacks. :lol: The reason I suggested a longer build time was because it seems the most abusive use of them to build outside people's bases. If people can easily destroy them before they get built, then it'll be much harder to sentry rush.

And yea the aura thing is a good idea to restrict building.

Familiars: Yep, :lol:
Derqua

Postby Derqua » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:02 am

Sounds like great alternatives.
Your ideas are always different from what I think is possible.
yggdrasil

Postby yggdrasil » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:44 pm

Glad to see you still working on this. ;)

How did you do that trick I saw at CC.org with the bridge? /dry.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='<_<' />
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:23 am

# The screen now violently shakes for all players whenever a player initiates a transcendent path choice. (similar to breaking the last sanctuary seal in Diablo)
# A map revealer is created at the location of the initiating player's Transcendent Globe.

*Claps* That will help a lot. Can there be more warning signs as we get closer and closer? Also, can the AI activate these things? :D

Return to “StarCraft Modding”