PEAI Latest News and Updates

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
Flexo

Postby Flexo » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:24 am

bajadulce wrote:Well the first map is moving along. Lots of alterations to the mod for all the campaign goodies lol. There really isn't any direction to any of this madness as well. I'm just goofing around making some maps on my own time. This is all just for fun.

So yeah, thnx for the offers and keep an eye out. I'm still very much working on this and will have something to play someday.

Here's a sample of some demo map ideas:
http://broodwarai.com/mods/peai/files/t ... mptest.zip

YO... did you abandon us? The 1st part of that demo campaign map was insanely fun. One of the better mods i've played. keep goin!

"The drones, we need you. They look up to you."
Undermind3k

Postby Undermind3k » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:43 pm

YO... did you abandon us?

??? say it ain't so Joe.

Where does that voice for the All Seeing One come from? I know it's Baldur's Gate II, but I don't remember who and it's really buggin me!

Also, the AI NEVER lets me win with transcendence in those AI maps? He always negates my trans path on the last round! Cheatin bastard. :(

"Don't Go! The drones, they need you. They look up to you."

fixed! Best CIV game ever! Nice to see a fellow SMAC'er :)
Flexo

Postby Flexo » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:12 am

Where does that voice for the All Seeing One come from? I know it's Baldur's Gate II, but I don't remember who and it's really buggin me!

Aesgarath from the Watchkeeper's Dungeon. You need TOB expansion btw. You get the deck of many things from him. Here's a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woB2mbfK ... age#t=375s

Also, the AI NEVER lets me win with transcendence in those AI maps? He always negates my trans path on the last round!

Change that with SCMDraft ? /dry.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='<_<' />
Undermind3k

Postby Undermind3k » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:36 pm

thanks I never played the expansion, but he definitely doesn't look the way I pictured him and is definitely not a beholder lol

Change that with SCMDraft ? /dry.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='<_<' />

It looks way too complicated. I couldn't find which triggers allow the AI to build multiple transcendent paths
bajadulce

Re: PEAI Latest News - Updates - Discussion

Postby bajadulce » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:06 pm

Dunno if you guys are still around or will ever read this, but thnx for all the feedback and sorry wasn't able to answer all your questions during my absence. I really appreciated the support and had a lot of fun in both the building and eventual playing of this mod. Thnkyou :wub: thnkyou :wub: thnkyou :wub:

I recently dusted off the cobwebs of this project and played a game. Funny how a long absent from something can be such an eyeopener. I see now that I tried to be too cute w/ this mod and made things a bit too complicated to the point of being distracting. Mesk had it right when he noted that standard RTS resource system (Scraft, Wcraft, AOE, C&C, etc) was damn near perfect and hard to improve on.

While some of the supplemental resource ideas can remain, I believe the mod might be more "fun" if it didn't stray so far off the general path in terms of income generation.

The UMS idea, with all its bells and whistles, is definitely totally unique to these traditional mods in general (not many UMS mods), it too is somewhat distracting. Maybe the UMS maps should simply be additional material rather than the main line of play.

I'm not intending on rebuilding this mod, but I feel it could use that final cleanup/editing necessary to be called "finished".
Myk

Re: PEAI Latest News - Updates - Discussion

Postby Myk » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:09 am

baja, there's lots of fancy new AI spell edits in the latest FG that are worth looking at.

The resource thing is tricky. I've battled with it, and I can only assume that Mesk gave it a lot of thought before settling on the default approach. Making something new inside of SC that makes sense, feels right, and works is a herculean effort.

I hope you get something uploaded. PEAI deserves to be out in the open. :)
bajadulce

Re: PEAI Latest News and Updates

Postby bajadulce » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:23 am

Thnx Myk for all the help w/ the project and playtime/testing.

Getting the forums back up and in shape has sucked any free time to get back into this. Seems there's always a problem that needs attending to. But looks like things are finally coming around and am anxious to check out the new Firegraft that pastlemind spent so much time working on and experiment w/ some fun stuff.

thread maintenance:
added a 1st post lol. somehow it went missing.
updated all the attachment (pics) with the direct links from the bwai_archives & new directory structure.

I tried to play a game tonight on the easiest setting and it just is too hard for me. I think RTS games are finally something that are too difficult to keep up w/. In my 30's they were challenging. In my 40's difficult. Now I'm almost 50 and just seems there is too much going on w/ the game to react to. And so any changes I make to the game are hard for me to evaluate in terms of play testing. I'm going to simplify the game a bit, clean up a few things, and then probably call it good.

Return to “StarCraft Modding”