Battle Ready with AI!

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
pandut
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Battle Ready with AI!

Postby pandut » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:40 pm

Greetings everyone! I'm back from my very prolonged absence from starcraft modding, however I return with a small mod I've been working on and perfecting for the last few months.

I've never been good at naming things, however I thought 'Battle Ready' explained the mod specifically, since you need to be 'battle ready' in order to stay alive for more then a few minutes.

The basis of the game is that each faction (Protoss, Zerg and Terran) only have their command structure as their soldier training facility, however you may construct additional defense systems and structures that house upgrades for your units, you need these buildings in order to build some of the stronger units available to you.

There is an AI that comes with the mod, I made it myself (:D) but I am still perfecting and working out of their bugs and what not. However, I think they will be giving you a very rough challenge. They did for me D:!

[spoiler]
Part of a fairly large Zerg empire

Futile Zerg Incursion

Protoss Opposition

Near Hopeless Defense[/spoiler]

What inspired me to make this mod, was another mod similar to this made by , I don't remember what his name was before he changed it. It was the same mod that inspired me to begin AI scripting as well.

EDIT: Play on Patch 1.15.1 plox.

There are still a lot of issues within both the Game and the AI. Balancing being one of those main issues and sometimes the AI will go a bit funky and do very strange things, especially the Zerg and Protoss bots.

Enjoy!

PS: I'm going to be making a large series of these types of mods with functional AI's. I'm working on one atm, and it will be released sometime in the future.
pandut

Postby pandut » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:45 pm

[quote name='bajadulce' post='9420' date='Mar 3 2010, 10:42 PM']@ mod:
I watched a couple AI vs. AI replays and the AI looks solid. Good job on the AI. All the Nexus and CC centers crunched together look a bit weird tho. I'd rather have seen a single Gateway or Rax to achieve this effect. I think the mod could use a little more something to keep it interesting. Seems to be missing something that sets it apart.

Also there's no instructions alerting users what version this is for. I just happen to peek at the .mpq and see it was for 1.15.1.[/quote]
Eh, I just felt like making it so action is almost nonstop (Especially late game). I was thinking of re-adding the vespene geyser, however change em' so if captured (IE: Refinery built on it), it would give you a higher yield of resources. Like in SC2. Unfortunately, it would probably have to be map specific....

I too feel their command structures bunched together looks rather odd, is there a way so they build it a certain distance from other CC's? I always wanted their bases to look large and intimidating.

And yeah, I forgot to mention it was for 1.15.1, I'll edit the OP.
pandut

Postby pandut » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:15 am

paz

Postby paz » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:36 am

I gave it a go. Sehr gut! This is one of the better AI mods that I have tried here. Did you use PyMS?
pandut

Postby pandut » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:17 pm

[quote name='paz' post='9433' date='Mar 4 2010, 10:36 PM']I gave it a go. Sehr gut! This is one of the better AI mods that I have tried here. Did you use PyMS?[/quote]
Oh yeah, PyMS was incredibly helpful, and thank you! I wasn't sure if I did a good job on the AI or not to Bwai standards.

It was fun making the AI and now I'm planning on making different variants of each AI. For example I wanted to have three variants of the Terran AI; One that specializes in using Infantry (Pretty defensive and use sci vessels/dropships to their advantage, will be the first to expand, but won't upgrade so quickly at first, it will occasionally use vehicles) Another that tends to use vehicular combat (Very offensive, few defenses, won't expand very quickly however upgrades asap) And the last would be a mixture of both, so like a normal bot. I'm not sure what variants to use for Protoss and Zerg...
pandut

Postby pandut » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:32 pm

Heeeeeeeeeello people! I'm back from a several month hibernation period and I finally manged to salvage together another version of Battle Ready.

It still uses patch 1.15.1 I'm sorry, I've been meaning to change it but just never got around to it. The main changes are mostly balance issues and the AI. The bots are more formidable an intelligent after I spent a few weeks re-working then and even added a random script feature. Each AI had three different scripts that it chooses randomly at the start of each game, unlike Entropy, it doesn't tell you which AI has been selected so you'll have to keep an eye on their movements. Theres a normal script for each race and two sub-scripts that make the bot react differently then the normal ones, EG: Build certain units, rushing, playing defensively, or expanding as quick as possible. I'm still working on it and trying to balance out the races. I think I may have nerfed the Reaver a little too much, not sure :/

Return to “StarCraft Modding”