Spell creation tutorial?

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
The Watcher

Postby The Watcher » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:12 pm

Well if you're happy with the one I uploaded, use that. Looks pretty brunette to me?

True enough. I didn't want to ask that of you, as I'm pretty self-concious about earning my own when it comes to personal projects. If I can help it, I don't want to ask for handouts. But, if you are offering, thank you very much! :)

On a more personal note, the reason why I may keep from asking for handouts in terms of content in this project is because I am actually going to be making an 8 minute demonstration video of the mission I'm working on and submitting it as my portfolio to a couple of colleges I'm applying to. Since the purpose of the portfilio is to show what I, specifically, have done in the project, I want to do as much of it as possible (at least for this mission). But, since I wasn't going to be doing the sprite anyway (unless I absolutely had to), it won't hurt to accept help. Still, if I am capable of doing it myself, I want to. It's a learning experience and I'm not gonna be much of a game designer (my major) if I can't do my own work. ;)
The Watcher

Postby The Watcher » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:37 am

It's a relatively new, but fast-growing major. I'm really looking forward to starting my college career. Nothing in high school can really prepare you for game design, so everything I'm doing in school right now seems so useless. It's still important, sure, but a lot of it feels so different from what I'm going to do.

I've got some interesting dynamics brewing in the ol' noddle, trust me. I don't want to give anything away, though, so you'll just have to wait and see. It won't be long, methinks. Or at least I hope it won't because my portfolio is due February 15th. I will probably be announcing my project with the demo around that time. But I'm only doing mod stuff right now to set the characters apart from their regular unit counterparts. I'm not making any units from scratch or anything. I like to stick to SC lore as much as possible and my campaign doesn't call for that kind of stuff right now. You'll see. ;)

My dream is actually to become a lead creative developer for games. I want to be a big part in executing stories in games and giving a unique experience. It will take time to get to that point, but it will be worth it. :)

EDIT: Well, this is embarrassing. I've converted the gif to a bmp and am attempting to then convert that to a grp, but it doesn't appear I'm doing it right. I opened the bmp, specified there to be 229 frames, have compressed grp selected, and chose single image containing all frames. Isn't that how I'm supposed to do it? A message came up saying that the bmp is not 8 bits per pixel. What am I doing wrong/haven't I done?
The Watcher

Postby The Watcher » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:20 am

So I just realized this problem during a test:

This only happens with zerg units and critters and only when they are selected individually. I didn't touch any of the zerg wireframes, so I have no idea what's going on here. Anyone know what this might be?

Also, I tested the Megan Fox Kerrigan sprite (hehe) as a replacement for the Infested Kerrigan grp (I'm already using blonde ghost in place of regular Kerrigan) and it crashed whenever I tried to move her. The shadow for the unit was also still that of Infested Kerrigan. I attempted to just copy the data from the Sarah Kerrigan iscript entry and paste it over that of Infested Kerrigan, but it won't seem to save. When I tell it to save, there are no problems. But when I open the iscript back up again, it is the same as it was initially. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I'm using PyICE if that helps at all.

EDIT2: The sprite actually looks great, baja! It will work perfectly for the character. She doesn't have that dark of hair anyway (this is based on an official character, not one that I made up). If I can just get it to work right, she'll be close to the same stage in development as the blonde ghost.
Derqua

Postby Derqua » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:36 am

What pallete are you using?
Thats why you use this pallete:
The Watcher

Postby The Watcher » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:49 am

[quote name='Derqua' post='9063' date='Jan 20 2010, 10:36 PM']What pallete are you using?
Thats why you use this pallete:
[attachment=2605:Wirefram.zip][/quote]
I'm pretty sure that was the pallete I used. I'll try running it through again tomorrow, but I'm fairly certain I used that one. :?:
Derqua

Postby Derqua » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:50 am

That particular one has never been downloaded.

Return to “StarCraft Modding”