Spell creation tutorial?

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
The Watcher
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby The Watcher » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:50 am

I tried turning Tom K into the Kerrigan clone and the cloaking works just fine. It's a bummer that we can't get it to work with just any unit, but at least I have something. I wasn't planning on using Tom K for anything else anyway, so it all worked out in the end. I might look at some exe stuff in the future, but since I know very little about it, I don't want to mess with it right now. I have something that works and it suits my purposes.

Ah, so that's what was going on with the irradiate spell. That's convenient. Another less thing for me to do. :)
I wasn't planning on using irradiate for anything anyway. I was thinking about maybe doing an "irradiation grenade" kind of spell for one of my characters, but I came up with another ability instead that I think will be simpler to make; especially if using irradiate at all would mess up the animation for the "grenade." That image you made for the cast does look really cool! Looks like an aura that you would see out of Diablo 2. Come to think of it, that sprite looks kinda like the amazon from D2, but with white clothes. I really like that select circle, too. Was that difficult to make?

Thanks for the support! You'll hear more about the mod as I go along in it and learn more about modding. As you may have already been able to tell, it's for a campaign that I'm making. It's mostly just for my friends from school as well as a hobby of mine, but I'll probably post this one online as well since I'm making my way into the community. Most of my old stuff was just some garbage that I did for fun and it wasn't incredibly advanced or inspired. I'm trying really hard on this one, though, because SC2 is almost here and that means the end of an era for mapmakers. But also a new beginning. I'm so excited! :D
Derqua
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Derqua » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:43 am

The Watcher

Postby The Watcher » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:33 am

Sorry, I'm a little confused. Is that dl supposed to be for me? Cause I got it and have no idea what to do with it.

And I found the grp for the wireframes that you were talking about, but I don't know where to go from there. I'm not trying to make any new wireframes; I just want to make my Kerrigan clone have the Kerrigan frame (it currently has the Tom K frame from the base unit). How do I replace individual wireframes?
Derqua

Postby Derqua » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:33 am

Both are for you, dl SFgrpconverter.
Run it.
Click the top button.
Navagate to the extracted grp.
Click the middle button.
Navagate to the extracted pal.
Don't worry about the text boxes.
click the "all in one image" circle.
extract, keep the name the same.

you get a bmp. modify it with your favorite image editor. I use paint, you might use paintshop pro or gimp.

To compile:
top button.
select your modified bmp.
open PyGrp.
check the number of the last frame in the original grp.
add 1
enter into the last text box in the middle.
bottom button.
name wirefram.
done.
The Watcher

Postby The Watcher » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:33 pm

The Watcher

Postby The Watcher » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:10 am

Huh.... perhaps it won't be that difficult for him, then. I know he is really good with photoshop (he is gonna be a graphic design major in college), so he can probably do that pretty easily. I, personally, don't know much about photoshop. I'm more of a writer than an artist. I'm gonna discuss it with him tonight, so we'll see what happens with that.

@cracking open mods
I hadn't really thought about it like that. I started learning modding only about a week-and-a-half ago, so I hadn't really considered that as much of an option. But that is a great idea. I'll have to try that out sometime. I'm sure I could make use of it. For right now, all the stuff that I've mentioned I'm doing is just for the mod for the demo of my campaign, so there will be more for me to do and learn.

Don't worry, I'm still very interested in modding. I find all the capabilities and processes fascinating. You'll see me around for years to come. ;)
Derqua

Postby Derqua » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:56 am

Return to “StarCraft Modding”