Tileset crash

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
TassadarZeratul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Tileset crash

Postby TassadarZeratul » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:25 am

I have a mod containing only three things: Grafting, a custom font, and a custom tileset. The mod crashes whenever I load a map on the custom tileset. (Loading a map on any other tileset works fine.) All I did was edit the Creep to be pure white, which should not cause a crash. Any ideas as to why this happens?
Ryofsky

Postby Ryofsky » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:37 pm

I don't konw much about custom tilesets, but you should eliminate some of the variables such as your creep. Does your custom tileset work without the creep modification? The best thing would be to build a test mod with just the custom tileset and nothing else.

And pure white for creep? :o Funguscraft BURN! :)
TassadarZeratul

Postby TassadarZeratul » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:02 am

Well, I've managed to track down the crash to the creep edges. However, I don't know what to do to fix it, so I'm just axing the custom creep. >.>
IskatuMesk

Postby IskatuMesk » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:08 am

Creep edges have to use the tileset palette I believe.
TassadarZeratul

Postby TassadarZeratul » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:24 am

So the Badlands creep edge has to use the Badlands palette? That might explain it, though I think I had it using the correct palette anyway.
IskatuMesk

Postby IskatuMesk » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:05 am

Well, I had creep using the unit palette before and it didn't crash, the colors were just mangled. The only reason I could think of it crashing is because of incorrect palette (if you didn't convert to sc's palette at all, for example), because the sizes are different, or whatever. Honestly I've never encounted tileset-related crashes before.

I am so useless these days.
ShadowFlare

Postby ShadowFlare » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:53 pm

The only thing I can think of is to make sure you are saving it in the right format (compressed or uncompressed). I don't remember which is the correct one for that file.
Ryofsky

Postby Ryofsky » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:25 am

what .grp/s do creep use? I was curious about the uncompressed format ShadowFlare suggested and wanted to take a look, but couldn't find a reference in the .dat files.
IskatuMesk

Postby IskatuMesk » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:35 pm

They aren't used in dat files. When you browse the tileset directories of the mpq you'll see grps labelled the same as the tilesets - those are the edges.
Ryofsky

Postby Ryofsky » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:21 am

Now I see them. They don't appear to be uncompressed or at least SFGRPConverter doesn't seem to think so?

Return to “StarCraft Modding”