BWAI Launcher Support/Bug Report

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:57 pm

[quote name='bajadulce' post='9977' date='Jan 12 2011, 10:57 PM']One thing to report is, as krasi0 described, the #if debug ... #endiff doesn't seem to be working. Any way to get an emergency update? That feature is really useful. Personally, I would have all scripts give that confirmation and do away with the option to deselect this, but the fog-of-war associated with a true random opponent out weighs this and many have expressed that they didn't like knowing which comp opponent they were pitted against.[/quote]
:o where did krasi0 mention that? I never saw it. I guess an emergency update is in order when I have the chance.
proytq

Postby proytq » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:29 am

Hi, This is Carl from China...

We download the latest version of BWAI Launcher to have a trial on it, after download it ..we unzipped the folder into my SCBW folder...
like..ah... e:gamesbrood

Then I run the BWAILauncher.exe directly...and got these words.

Exception in Tkinter callback
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "Tkinter.pyc", line 1414, in __call__
File "BWAILauncher.pyw", line 685, in play
File "BWAILauncher.pyw", line 206, in execute
File "LibsSFmpq.pyc", line 368, in MpqOpenArchiveForUpdate
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in position 3-4: ordinal not in range(128)

I desired to know that if there is any programming environment I need to install first ? like C++ redistribute or Visual studio or...active perl ?

And... if not, what cause these errors ?

Thanks a lot !

Carl
proytq

Postby proytq » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:35 am

Ah...PS-- I have all versions of brood wars...1.08 - 1.16
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:25 pm

From what I see, it looks like BWAILauncher doesn't fully support being on a chinese system. I'm assuming either your folders or files have some chinese characters in it, which either BWAILauncher or SFMpq can't handle. What is the full path of your target mpq? You should be able to open up the settings and copy it from the "Target MPQ" editbox.
toriak

Postby toriak » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:34 pm

Hello
I gotta problem
After I launch BWAI launcher ( 01) Entropy - Non Cheating
All scripts checked expect for Blizzard AIs
Entropyze checked for all 3 races )
...check [attachment=2809:hmm.bmp]
when the game starts, the randomly picked AI is always from some weird subset of set of all checked AIs.

In other words, i played like 100 games but never played vs 2/3 of all scripts.
For example from Terrans i never played vs accel, ashara,entropy, myk, racine,unleaded and war hammer.
Its always easychat reaynor or rocky.

Another bug is when i click play it says:
The dafault aiscript.bin and bwscript.bin could not be loaded. Continue without the campaign and UMS ai scripts ?
proytq

Postby proytq » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:15 am

Hi, poiuy_qwert

That is the key point which you said... If I changed my folder from "游戏" to "game", that will works well.

And.. I also wonder that if there is any description of every AI ?

I can see so many AI can be selected in the list, but I cannot find any descriptions about the features of them...

Thanks a lot.

Carl
Derqua

Postby Derqua » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:52 am

Well, most of the AI's that the BWAI Launcher uses can be found in our Modding section here. Just find the ones that you want to use and read about them. Also descriptions here
Myk

Postby Myk » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:39 pm

Is it possible to fix my crash problem?

After I run a game successful game, I try to run another script (or the same script) with errors in it and it fails and gets removed from the Terran/Protoss/Zerg list, if I press the "Refresh" button to get it back, the launcher will crash without fail.

Code: Select all

Exception in Tkinter callback
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Tkinter.pyc", line 1414, in __call__
  File "BWAILauncher.pyw", line 685, in play
  File "BWAILauncher.pyw", line 193, in execute
AttributeError: CheckList instance has no attribute 'select_set'

Edit: Actually, the above code just seems like my scripts error than bwailauncher.

When it shuts down it throws a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library window with "Runtime Error" and the path to Bwailauncher.exe
=/
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:42 pm

Hey can someone give me the link to how to use bwai launcher with chaoslauncher? I found it once but then I lost it.

Return to “StarCraft Modding”