BWAI Launcher Support/Bug Report

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:27 pm

You can just use the BWAI launcher, and select the appropriate scripts-- then run the replays.
Myk

Postby Myk » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:37 pm

[quote name='Andrew Burger' post='9557' date='Apr 15 2010, 11:19 AM']But how can you get a script play against another script?[/quote]
After you have pasted the AI replay files into your replay folder in your Starcraft directory:

Load BWAI Launcher up with the two or three scripts you want to fight (ex: Racine T, Raynor P, Unleaded Z)

Then watch a replay with the matchup of your choice. (ex: AIvsAI PvA RideofValkyries)

This enables you to watch an uninterrupted game between 2 AI scripts.
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Wed May 12, 2010 12:17 am

This is in response to a PM but I thought I might as well make the answer public.

If you want to use BWAILauncher with something like ChaosLauncher or DxWhateverItIs you just:
1) Go to your Starcraft folder and backup your patch_rt.mpq
2) Open BWAILauncher and go to File>Settings
3) Select 'Use custom targets'
4) Browse for the target mpq and select patch_rt.mpq in the SC directory (not the backup)
5) Enable the target exe by selecting the check beside the text box
6) Browse for the target exe and choose ChaosLauncher or whatever
7) Click ok, and that's is
8) Close+open BWAILauncher as many times as you want and play as many match ups as you want. When you're done make sure to restore your backup patch_rt.mpq or you won't be able to play on bnet/with others without being desynced

that should be it, have fun!

Edit: The same person that this was initially directed at has told me that there is a bug in BWAILauncher when trying to do step 6. Here are alternate steps 6+ until said bug is fixed:
6) Click ok, and then close BWAILauncher
7) Navigate to the BWAILauncher/Libs folder, and open settings.txt
8) Find the line that looks like (its possible that your's has something in place of the "None"):

Code: Select all

'targetexe':None,

9) If there is nothing like that in settings just add a new line before the "}" and put it there
10) Change the "None" to be the path to ChaosLauncher or whatever (inside single or double quotes, and you must use double backslashes), so it should look something like:

Code: Select all

'targetexe':,'C:Program FilesStarCraftChaosLauncherChaosLauncher.exe'

11) Save and close the file, then open BWAILauncher back up, and thats it.
12) Close+open BWAILauncher as many times as you want and play as many match ups as you want. When you're done make sure to restore your backup patch_rt.mpq or you won't be able to play on bnet/with others without being desynced
4sunn24

Postby 4sunn24 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:19 am

Hey everyone,

Just downloaded the launcher today.

I'm so noob that i don't even know how to use it.

I run it and it works fine and when i choose a build or entropyze, then play, it doesnt work in game. Anyone know why this is happening? I'm just playing normal computers or i'm doing something wrong

Thanks!
EdFishy

Postby EdFishy » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:29 am

To whom it might concern:

To provide multiplayer capability to "entropyze", add a text box that allows you to type in a number to determine the random seed used for randomizing the AI. If all players type in the same seed, then viola, everyone's all set.

An option to allow randomization of any of the AI's would also be great, as well as the ability to set "All AI's will be the same", or "All AI's will be invidually random".

Also, could there be an option to only select certain AI's to be excluded during entropyze? Either checkboxes or the list select...

[attachment=2763:bwai.jpg]

-------

This was originally intended as an e-mail, but I couldn't for the life of me get any of the development staff's e-mails work.
EdFishy

Postby EdFishy » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:30 pm

To further expand upon the capability of random AI's, I've drawn up an improved interface.

[attachment=2768:bwai2.png]

* By utilizing checkbox lists, a user can select individual AI's from any of the AI packages to be included during the random (/entropyze) AI selection. This allows for truly dynamic games where you have no idea how powerful the AI opponent can be (Entropy, AIvsAI, , or ).

* The Save / Load system allows you to save the checked AI's in a .txt file that can be sent to a friend via IM or e-mail to easily synchronize a custom selection.

* Multiplayer Seed allows for synchronized random games with friends.

* You can still play a single AI by selecting the radio button "Play Selected" before hitting "Play".

* Description box displays information (if any is included in its .txt file with a [DESC][/DESC] tag) for the selected item in the last clicked list box. A good standard should be set for writing descriptions, including the difficulty, probability of rush, offensive/defensive capabilities, etc.

Thanks to all involved, incredible application guys!
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:38 pm

Thank you for your interest in bettering my program. I like the ideas and will be implementing them soon (I now work 6 days a week so I can't churn updates out as fast as I used to :P).

Return to “StarCraft Modding”