BWAI Launcher Support/Bug Report

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
poiuy_qwert
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby poiuy_qwert » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:58 pm

Hm no that doesn't have to do with max file size (though the 65535 does hint at that ;P). If i'm looking at this correct it seems one of the parameters for a command has an invalid value, though that error should never happen unless there was some internal error so its probably not the actually script txt itself. I'll look into it thanks!
hasherl
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby hasherl » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:19 pm

What im missing is a button for 'Entropy singleplayer'or something like that, so if u play 8 player FFA, there will be different ai's for the same race. @ old Entropy it was like this. Now u get picked only one ai for each race, if u choose entropy multiplayer or entropyze (Even if u play with the entropy.exe ). Also the protoss ai is not shown, only T/Z.

Edit:

Ai's are all shown, except entropy m

I also get this error if i want to play entropy m @all 3 races

Exception in Tkinter callback
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "Tkinter.pyc", line 1403, in __call__
File "BWAILauncher.pyw", line 603, in play
File "BWAILauncher.pyw", line 160, in execute
AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'startsiwth'

And another weird bug occured, when i wanted to play this map over BWAi launcher:

[attachment=2394:_8_Black_Hole.scm]

U just get erased after a few secods. This does not occur if u play over .exe( like entropy,unleaded etc.)
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:44 pm

[quote name='hasherl' post='8635' date='Dec 18 2009, 09:19 AM']What im missing is a button for 'Entropy singleplayer'or something like that, so if u play 8 player FFA, there will be different ai's for the same race. @ old Entropy it was like this. Now u get picked only one ai for each race, if u choose entropy multiplayer or entropyze (Even if u play with the entropy.exe ). Also the protoss ai is not shown, only T/Z.[/quote]
Entropy Multiplayer should be what you want, but I can't test to see whats up for a long while, so maybe Archon_Wing or someone can confirm that Entropy Multiplayer is NOT using different AI's for the same race?
Edit:

[quote name='hasherl' post='8635' date='Dec 18 2009, 09:19 AM']Ai's are all shown, except entropy m[/quote]
huh?

[quote name='hasherl' post='8635' date='Dec 18 2009, 09:19 AM']I also get this error if i want to play entropy m @all 3 races

File "BWAILauncher.pyw", line 160, in execute
AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'startsiwth'[/quote]
Already reported right above, thanks.

[quote name='hasherl' post='8635' date='Dec 18 2009, 09:19 AM']And another weird bug occured, when i wanted to play this map over BWAi launcher:

[attachment=2394:_8_Black_Hole.scm]

U just get erased after a few secods. This does not occur if u play over .exe( like entropy,unleaded etc.)[/quote]
I don't see how this could be BWAI Launchers fault but I'll look into it when I have time.
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:14 am

The one about being removed is pretty weird. We have a trigger that removes inactive players (trigger is exactly 50 minerals and <5 workers at 15 seconds into the game) so that there's no interference in AIvsAI reps, but I've always used that trigger, so if it were to happen with the Entropy exe and it'd always happen with the Unleaded one and the regular Entropy exe too. But I haven't seen anyone make note of being removed...

There is no way it could happen in a melee game, but obviously, I didn't have UMS in mind when I thought of this (I don't support UMS due to the fact custom AIs don't really work right there); but you could always delete the offending trigger melee.trg

To do that you'd get winmpq:

Then use it to open up Entropy3.exe in the bwailauncher folder. Go to the bwailauncher folder, then packages folder, and then the entropy folder-- the exe is in there.

Then just find a file under the listing /triggers/melee.trg And delete it.

As for the entropy multilayer files, it just works the same way Entropy III goes; it selects a random script from a library of them. There are no debug msgs for them though.
hasherl

Postby hasherl » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:49 pm

Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:17 am

Entropy III multiplayer never had those messages in the first place; it's the exact same as Entropy III exe.

I can't put messages in them, because it'll overload the thing if all 2 or 3 of them are selected. For all the Entropy III multiplayer scripts to fit, it requires use of the bwscript.bin and debug messages do not work from there.
phocion

Postby phocion » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:26 am

I tried to run BWAILauncher v1.2, but it didn't work with the following errors.

--------------------------
File "BWAILauncher.pyw", line 194, in execute
File "LibsSFmpq.pyc", line 368, in MpqOpenArchiveForUpdate
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in position 26-27: ordinal not in range(128)
--------------------------

How can I fix this problem?
phocion

Postby phocion » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:52 am

Bajadulce, thanks for your reply.

I get the error message for any script I try.
In addition, the messages are exactly the same regardless of which script I selected.

I use Windows 7. Does it relate to the problem?
ShadowFlare

Postby ShadowFlare » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:19 am

Talking to bajadulce on my server, SCMLoader's SCModLoader program had been mentioned and then this program was brought up. I thought of the idea that it would be possible to add support in this program for being used in combination with SCMLoader's mod switching functionality. There are a couple of ways it could be done, but the easier way would probably be for me to make an external program for your loader to call to do the unloading and loading of the mpq archive. If you know about sending and handling window messages in Python, that would be another option available (all SCModLoader does is send and receive window messages between itself and SCMLoader).

Return to “StarCraft Modding”