BWAI Launcher Support/Bug Report

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:11 pm

Well I've been holding off on replying since I knew this would be a quick project. So here you are:

Download: Out of date.

It is Window's only currently, though it is almost 99.99% mac compatible and will probably have a Mac version released later. It comes with the default (T/P/Z)MC(x/u) scripts only, but just add your files under their race inside the Scripts folder. So give comments and feedback, i'll be happy to update it should bugs/ideas arise. Have fun!
Myk

Postby Myk » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:32 pm

[quote name='bajadulce' post='8207' date='Nov 16 2009, 01:49 PM']

Code: Select all

Exception in Tkinter callback
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Tkinter.pyc", line 1403, in __call__
  File "BWAILauncher.pyw", line 264, in play
  File "BWAILauncher.pyw", line 59, in execute
  File "LibsAIBIN.pyc", line 303, in __init__
  File "LibsAIBIN.pyc", line 1779, in load_file
PyMSError
[/quote]Looks like I'm getting the same error.
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:31 am

Ah that was my bad trying to cut down files to make the DL smaller. For now to fix it go into BWAILauncherLibsMPQ and you'll need to create a new folder name "scripts" (without quotes) and add a bwscript.bin there. There also seems to be another problem loading the unitdef.txt with relative paths. If you are getting an error after fixing the first problem, you'll have to go into Libssettings.txt, and replace the path for unitdef.txt to the full path everytime before you open the program (tedious but its just a quick fix till next version). Both these problems are fixed for the next version.

About file names, I don't know if i'll make the program enforce a specific format, but I definitely think its a good idea to have a guide for the names.

Yeah the SEMPQ.exe was just the quickest thing I had access to. There is an option to choose which file to target as the SEMPQ, though I have not made a way to change settings without manually editing Libssettings.txt. I will definitely update the SEMPQ in a later version with the FG exe you uploaded.

Find a good default window size for me please. Resize your program to what you want, then open Libssettings.txt and tell me what the value of the 'window' setting is.

And yeah, I'll be adding an about dialog like PyMS for the next version.

Thanks for the replies!
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:50 am

[quote name='bajadulce' post='8216' date='Nov 16 2009, 07:48 PM']

'extdefs':[
      u'Libsunitdef.txt',
   ],
not sure what needs to be changed here as per your instructions?[/quote]
Change the path to a full path, not a relative path. So if you unzipped the folder to the C drive then the full path is C:BWAILauncherLibsunitdef.txt. So it would look like:

'extdefs':[
      u'C:BWAILauncherLibsunitdef.txt',
   ],

Actually, I've just thought of a way to make it so you don't have to do this everytime. If you move the unitdef.txt outside of the BWAILauncher folder and subfolders and put that full path in the settings.txt file it should be fine.

[quote name='bajadulce' post='8216' date='Nov 16 2009, 07:48 PM']Btw, nice feature that takes a "bad" .txt file off the list.[/quote]
Glad you like it ;)

[quote name='bajadulce' post='8216' date='Nov 16 2009, 07:48 PM']Question:
Should users NOT supply version #'s with their script? This way they can overwrite their scripts with updated ones. Say for example script titles such as: " Zons Z.txt" and "No Archon_Wing T.txt" instead of " Zons Z3.1.txt and "No Archon_Wing T1.2b". The debug message can then supply user what version the script is in game. I think this might be a good idea so that if a particular script is found to have an error, it can be "updated" without having to remove the old one as well as keeps the database from getting bloated with old versions. dunno up to the individual scripters as to what they want to do/provide. any thoughts on this or other suggestions to keep this organized?[/quote]
thats a good question, we'll have to brainstorm on what should happen here.
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:27 am

I'm thinking there should be "AI Packages". So there would be a dropdown above the listbox's to select a package, each package having its own scripts and optionally a different SEMPQ or unitdef.txt. The "Packages" would have a folder layout like:

Packages
   Entropy
      SEMPQ.exe
      Terran
         scripts
      Protoss
         scripts
      Zerg
         scripts
   Racine Rebel
      SEMPQ.exe