Accel_T v1.52 by Equalizer

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
Equalizer

Postby Equalizer » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:43 am

I am finding that it becomes increasingly difficult to make the Terran AI better as changing it to counter one type of zerg strategy tends to make it inherently weak against another.

@Archon_Wing
You can of course use the rush detection that I used but I've found that it is finicky in that slight variations in when the pool is placed will make the AI not be able to respond in time. Since other AIs are fairly precise in timing it does reasonable against them but it seems to be inconsistent against a person.

I get the impression that as I think you stated previously the Terran has to throw everything it has at the zerg when it reaches hive since the Terran seems to be at a huge resource efficiency disadvantage once the zerg has ultralisks and zerglings with increased attack speed.
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:52 am

I used activated for most of the scripts, because many people just named scripts after themselves and it was just easier to copy/paste :lol:

I get the impression that as I think you stated previously the Terran has to throw everything it has at the zerg when it reaches hive since the Terran seems to be at a huge resource efficiency disadvantage once the zerg has ultralisks and zerglings with increased attack speed.

That's probaly true; though this AI is actually pretty good at defending wide areas of the map. I guess there's only 2 ways to go:

Constant pressure with mediium sized groups to slow the zerg down, or battlecruisers.
Equalizer

Postby Equalizer » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:50 pm

I've modified the AccelDefault_T_v1.1x.zip file so that the .txt and .exe it contains have the name AccelDefault_T.
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:50 am

Wow you upgrate fast. ;)

Here's a pv2t. The comp has decent defense and great use of EMP. I think it could build less firebats though. 1-2 is ok against zealots, but I'd set the max to 3 at most.
Equalizer

Postby Equalizer » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:44 am

I apologise for being slow at responding.

The tech and upgrade speed is probably the most notable remainder of the default script strategy as it opts to tech up instead of building more production buildings, which is probably the biggest strategic difference between this AI and the others out there.

About the firebats, that was a bit of a mistake since I was copying a lot from the zerg attack loop and also copied the increase firebats part which obviously isn't good for counter protoss mid-late game.

I'll have to look into how to get it to expand better because before it lost it was pretty much mined out. Also I think the disorderly troop movement/attack near the end could have been related to it trying to find an expansion and failing.
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:55 pm

Updated 1.1x to the database. The .4 version was getting the most dls because the database was pointing there. It would be advised to remove defunct versions to avoid confusion; or perhaps if the latest version is experimental to have the "last stable version" at the bottom.
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:05 am

Here's a rather difficult thing to deal with... Fast expand into carriers. I've never really seen an AI that can do anything about it, but yours did survive for quite a while where pretty much every other no T AI on this site would have just rolled over and died; even the "pro" ais sometimes have trouble The terran on the bottom seemed to take a while to attack; I think it could have done some real damage. I'd also like to see a slightly faster expo if fast expand was seen (raynor t 1.2 ai is an example of such) It might also help if the terran delayed the 4th and 5th expansion a bit because that causes it to be overextended; and perhaps a few more miltary buildings when resources allow.

But since your AI seems to have overcome a number of challenges, I'd like to see it tackle one of the most difficult ones.
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:46 am

Baja's post is pretty much spot on. I've never seen a terran script be capable of holding a defensive line as well as this script.

Of course, it must put some pressure somehow. A lot of players could max out in 15 minutes.

Return to “StarCraft Modding”