Accel_T v1.52 by Equalizer

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
Archon_Wing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Archon_Wing » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:03 pm

About dropships... Dropships don't have to be specifically trained. Check_transports automatically maintains them to the defined_max

Myk came up with an excellent way of telling the comp to get transports

--transports--
wait(500)
groundmap_jump(transports)
check_transports()
stop()

You'd probaly put a wait_build(1, control_tower) before this.
JH24
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby JH24 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:49 pm

@ Equalizer

I haven't forgotten your AI. A few unexpected things came up the last days but I'll post some replays soon! Promised! :)
Rempty

Postby Rempty » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:30 pm

Is it possible add Goliaths vs Hydras.?
i was watching the last replays of WCG 2009 and all terran vs zerg are Metal terran.

Excuse my english.
Equalizer

Postby Equalizer » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:11 am

About the dropships,

if I remember right the check_transports() can sometimes give dropship production too high a priority causing other parts of the script to stall till the max number of dropships was reached.
I'll try out those lines of code when I get time but this is my reason for having the ai train up to max dropship manually before check_transports().

About build strategy,

I'll look in to if I can get the ai to use more of a metal army, especially of mid/late game, currently it uses a considerable number of tanks but it could use a couple of goliaths if air is in use and of course even more tanks can't hurt provided air can be delt with. (I'll see if vultures could be made in to any use but the ai has trouble controlling them.)

For early game I believe the ai's issues with not so great mine placement and non-existant vulture micro as well as not being able to wall or mass repair a bunker make it such that the ai can't go directly metal or it will be over-run by lings.

This could change though since I think micro ai editing might start making some serious progress.
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:54 am

Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:39 pm

Hey check out this post and its replies about scv production:

I was testing your suggestion of wait_buildstart and wait for scv production. Apparently the worker will transfer workers to expansions over if you have a low define_max. This causes problems as those transferred workers count towards the worker count in the expansion at the expansion and thus the extra wait commands will cause a heavy stall in scv production; I noted this issue in your script. You may want to increase the define_max for scvs and also use the get_oldpeons to increase worker count.
JH24

Postby JH24 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:48 pm

Very nice! I'm sorry for the late reply.

I have one replay for you, I'd love to post more but I really have little time at the moment. (Its 1vs1 as I'm a bad Starcraft player and sometimes loose against even one AI opponent.) I really enjoyed playing against your AI, it used a very nice early attack with M+M which caught me by surprise. It was a very fun game were both the AI and myself build up some very large forces. It didn't attack anymore after the first one but it really took me a lot of effort to breach through the AI's tough defenses. Irradiate can be very annoying.

If the AI had attacked first I could very well have lost. But because I attacked earlier, I managed to keep the initiative.

Great work! :)

[attachment=2263:TerranAIEqualizer.rep]
Equalizer

Postby Equalizer » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:27 am

Sorry about being slow at updating my ai but I haven't had much time to work on it recently.

Also I've been try out a number of different concepts that require a lot of testing to see if they have the potential of working or not.

I am aware of a number of issues that are making the ai weaker than it should be:
-scv production; the ai has the resource access but doesn't drain them fast enough.
-unit production; needs more production power, both in the ways of more buildings and making more use of them.
-needs turrets or goliaths by early/mid game, in general needs more variety of units.
-attacks; needs better system for attack sequencing.
-upgrades; needs better prioritization

There's other little things like being able to handle early rushes and things like that but at the moment I mostly just concerned with the frame work of the ai and trying to come up with a format that makes it efficient.
Equalizer

Postby Equalizer » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:11 am

I've finally managed to make a new version so if anyone has time I'd appreaciate some help testing it.
(see first post)

I would suggest trying to fight 2 Terran AI's at once to make for an interesting game.

I look forward to seeing some replays.
(I post one of my own once I start playing a bit less misserably as zerg)

Return to “StarCraft Modding”