Morphing Hydra To HK -Free Cookies!

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Clash
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Morphing Hydra To HK -Free Cookies!

Postby Clash » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:12 am

I was wondering if it was possible to either replace lurkers with Hunter killers, or add another button to hydras that would morph them into one.

I've tried looking around in the exe edits tab in firegraft, but all I could do was make it so that hydras would become hunter killers upon cancellation of lurker-morphing.

Also, if you can add a button to morph them to HKs, then would that work for ultralisks to torrasques(or whatever it is) too?

At the moment, I'm gonna try using datedit to change the lurker sprites/stats to those of a hunter-killer, but it doesn't seem like something that would... Um, work.

Thanks in advance, cookies will take five minutes to bake, and the time it takes to get to you will depend on where you are.

1337Edit of badassary:

Well, turns out that changing the sprites worked out fine, but I'd still prefer to be able to use this as a seperate ability, so if you do know how to do this, help would be much appreciated.
Jonstone

Postby Jonstone » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:22 pm

Clash

Postby Clash » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:01 pm

Alright, so I have to disable the exe edits, but then what?
Clash

Postby Clash » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:49 pm

Thanks, that helps. But how would I be able to make it so it costs minerals/gas?

Here's your cookies:

-Edit

Well, that didn't work. The button appears, but nothing happens when I click on it. I'm using firegraft v0.93, here's what I did:
Torrasque:
-Changed the ultralisks button set to Infested Duran
-Took all of durans abilities out, then went to add>unit-morph>torrasque, put it in slot 7
-Changed the requirement function to "Always"

HK:
-button sets>hydra>add>unit-morph>hunter-killer, slot 8
-Changed requirement function to "Always"

Then I saved as an exe, ran it, started up a melee game, haxhaxhax, tried it with both of them and nothing happened when I pressed the buttons.

I have SC 1.15.1, by the way.

At first I thought it was because ultralisks don't have a morph animation, but I have no idea what's wrong with the hydra.
Clash

Postby Clash » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:16 am

I've done all of that, but it still doesn't work... Any idea what could be wrong?
Clash

Postby Clash » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:04 am

Well, when I try to check "used", it comes up with the following error:

"Access violation at address 004D37DC in module 'Firegraft.exe'. Write of address 00E47FFC"

Also, it doesn't say "End of list". I've noticed this only happens in one of my small modifications, could datedit have any conflicts with this?

-Edit

Nevermind, I'm just gonna add the stuff from my original EXE to the one you gave me, then save it, since it's not letting me check "Used" on mine.

Thanks alot, I really appreciate it. If I ever happen to finish and release my mod, I'll be sure to credit you.
Scourge_Splitter

Postby Scourge_Splitter » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:05 pm

[quote name='Clash' post='7301' date='Aug 6 2009, 06:04 AM']Well, when I try to check "used", it comes up with the following error:

"Access violation at address 004D37DC in module 'Firegraft.exe'. Write of address 00E47FFC"

Also, it doesn't say "End of list". I've noticed this only happens in one of my small modifications, could datedit have any conflicts with this?

-Edit

Nevermind, I'm just gonna add the stuff from my original EXE to the one you gave me, then save it, since it's not letting me check "Used" on mine.

Thanks alot, I really appreciate it. If I ever happen to finish and release my mod, I'll be sure to credit you.[/quote]
So does it work from your original exe then?

But as you see, most important thing you need to do is carefully check the buttons and requirements.
(in case of the Hydralisk, you can set the Hunter Killers requirements and give the Hydralisk a new button, for it is allready a unit morpher, it will not give any further problems.

But key thing wwith requirements is that you set the irst 2 lines as following:
"Current unit is..."
"Hydralisk"
--End of list--

(this means it could directly morph to a Hunter Killer once you have Hydra's at your disposal.

Return to “StarCraft Modding”