How to Attack Expand and Build in a loop? I can't figure

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Myk
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

How to Attack Expand and Build in a loop? I can't figure

Postby Myk » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:55 am

Myk

Postby Myk » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:51 am

[quote name='bajadulce' post='7214' date='Jul 25 2009, 10:54 AM']dunno how you could do this one. I like a 2nd hatchery at expos. It spreads out the armies which means the zerg will come from different directions. gluck.[/quote]

I did end up with the 2 hatchery expansions. They actually work really well in getting expansions up faster. I'll post the code in my other thread pretty soon.

*The other option that Archon_Wing came up with was copy & pasting the hatchery + expansion script parts until there was like 5 of them and then just add a generic expansion loop. That would have worked well, too, but I think I'm hooked on this one for now.
Scourge_Splitter

Postby Scourge_Splitter » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:20 pm

Myk

Postby Myk » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:43 pm

Well, timing is everything, to me.

I didn't do something like that because I got worried that eventually the attack and expansion loops might get desync'd, leading to expansions trying to go up too long after or before an attack, decreasing the probability of the expansion actually happening. If you've noticed, if a drone gets sniped on the way to expanding, it doesn't follow up with any more of them...

My AI has enough trouble just building 1 Hive and staying alive. I'm not sure I'd ever be ready to use them in an expansion. :D
Scourge_Splitter

Postby Scourge_Splitter » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:03 pm

I've used it and it works pretty fine, but then I just don't care too much about the desync... :P
However, if you want them to expand when they attack, then you can insert wait_train commands, to keep the expansion close to the attack itself.
You however should make the wait on the expansion shorter so it will wait for the attack.
(get me??)
Myk

Postby Myk » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:05 am

Return to “StarCraft Modding”