Myk's AI 3.5

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:00 am

Great! The AI database has been updated, and no longer refers to it as a zerg only AI. ;)
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:41 pm

As promised, here's 2 test reps.

Tv(2)z-- Pretty deadly game as usual. One of them went low defense, so I thought I could break in early, but failed. The mutalisks were actually pretty deadly as one base fell quickly. It made a bit too many scourge though.

I just came up with a thought about defilers. The defilers are pretty useless when defiler tech comes up at first because they have no energy and no consume. I think researching the defiler energy upgrade first instead of plague will be more beneficial, since dark swarm doesn't really hurt your lurker/ling army. The AI tends to be rather sporadic about plague.

I'm not keen on the AI's use of burrow. If it should be use, do guard_resources zergling for some major annoyance.

For the Pv2Z, I think the zerg made a little too many lings-- but if you wish to keep this route, it's useful to keep up with upgrades. From my experience, Storm Zerg's +1 fast carapace was able to hinder some late dt harass a little, because drones would take 2 hits until protoss +1 weapon was done. Carapace if you want mass lings, or missile for mass hydra (a quick +1 for hydra is more recommended for your AI style and also the difficulty of catching up with toss ups). I think more mass hydra will be useful, plus I didn't really see many offenses from them.
JH24

Postby JH24 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:19 pm

I was supposed to have a free afternoon today, but something went wrong at work so I couldn't leave.

I just had dinner and need to go back, but I do want to upload the two replays I got yesterday. More are on the way soon, but these are 2 vs 2 P vs Z/Z v P.

I noticed the Myk Protoss is really deadly from the beginning. In the second replay, one Protoss Myk AI was able to destroy two Myk Zerg AI's. Myk Zerg becomes really strong when they overcome the early stage, but they do seem a bit vulnerable until then. I also saw the AI doesn't build Sunken Colonies in its main base, they might be needed to protect against an early Zealot/Zergling attack.

In the first game I played as Zerg and I was very impressed at the AI's aggressiveness and speed with which it executed its attacks. My ally eventually fell, and I was unable to defend against the massive (upgraded) Zealot attacks from both Myk AI's.

In the second game I played as Protoss. I intended to expand early and then launch some early Zealot/Dragoon attacks to distract the White Zerg AI. Then I noticed my Protoss ally launched an early attack of their own on a Zerg Base to their south. I send a light attack for the white Zerg. After that I build a larger amount of units, but I was surprised how the Myk Protoss was capable of taking down two Zerg AI's. (I helped a little, but if I didn't it would only have delayed the game for a little longer)

Great work! I love how the Protoss works. If you can strengthen the early defences of Myk Zerg, then the Zerg will become even stronger.

[attachment=2092:Myk3.3.rep]
[attachment=2093:Myk3.3a.rep]
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:14 pm

Hmm Jh, that map isn't very suitable for Myk's AI, cuz of that screwy little expo. Maybe maps like Symbolic or Snake Pit would work better Though it does get crowded at snake pit.

2 more reps zv2p and zv2t

Zv2p:
Major problem with the P fast expand. It does not build gas or a core and just softlocks. If you have any multiruns early in the script that build things that require gas, you can stick a "build assimilator" command before it just to make sure.

Zv2T: The anti muta defense is very strong-- I don't remember any script building so many turrets lol. /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> However the AI seems to not build tanks-- might be better to fit a few in.

The T player at 9 did a fast expand but did not build a factory and didn't do much. This occasionaly happens to my AI, and you'd probaly be best to up the priority on the factory. I actually had to force another multirun into mine just in case.

Spoiler:[spoiler]--build factory dumbass--
wait_train(16, marine)
player_need(1, factory)
wait(220)
build(3, barracks, 80)
stop()[/spoiler]

Or even a notowns_jump loop that forces a factory, but that may be a bit too extreme.

Another thing I noticed is that the fast expand terran build a rax, several depots and then ebays. A 2nd rax could be put in faster for more marines. I usually don't specify in the script depots besides the first one; usually just use farms_timing for the rest, even if it is shady.
JH24

Postby JH24 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:38 pm

@ Archon_Wing

Good point, I hadn't really thought of that. I sometimes pick a random map from the list so I don't know how it looks, but I'll be more careful in the map selection next time.
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:50 pm

Well, it is kinda hard to choose, because the AI sometimes has very weird concepts of... everything. :lol: It can't even expand properly on something like hunters. =d
Myk

Postby Myk » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:40 pm

Terran fixes:
1. TvZ: Fixed Medic + Marine training, both use "train" now and rock face. Awesomesauce.
2. TvZ: It builds the factory now.
3. TvZ; TvP; TvT; Improved timings and builds.
4. TvZ: added a third ZvT thinger...

Terran ideas:
TvZ: mech builds suck, but biomech roxorz.

Protoss fixes:
1. PvT: was missing farms_timing... grrrr.
2. PvZ: FE improved.
3. PvX: More Gateways (1a2a3a, etc.)

Protoss problems:
1. I hate it.

Zerg fixes:
1. ZvP: it now works way better, actually makes scourge at a good time and does everything overall much faster and nicer.
2. ZvT: faster sunkens.
3. ZvZ: Dead. It will now roll a random ZvT script to use instead.
4. ZvX: FE greatly improved + ZvP timings increased.

Zerg idea:
1. ZvP: Vs. 2 Gate style builds, it'll pick a ZvT script + the heavier defended ZvT expansion.
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:42 am

test rep. Took a long while >.<
Myk

Postby Myk » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:29 am

3.5 - Back from the Dead!
Please test, give feedback, suggest things, post replays and post screenshots. One of those, or all of them, I like 'em all! 8-)

txt files:
[attachment=2420:Myks_Z_AI_3.8.txt]
[attachment=2419:Myks_T_AI_3.5.txt]
[attachment=2418:Myks_P_Ai_3.5.txt]
hasherl

Postby hasherl » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:19 pm

I really would like to test it, lets see it its still up-to-date in 3 weeks, or maybe 3.6 then :)...laterz!

Return to “StarCraft Modding”