Myk's AI 3.5

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
Archon_Wing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Archon_Wing » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:36 pm

Ugh plague lol. One game that I played a while back vs this AI (didn't save tt) had my vessels plagued and caused a few hydras to pop a bunch of vessels. :lol:

Jh24: Interesting game. You built too many defenses in the beginning though. Once you get a bunker up at the expansion, you should be getting ready to place the command center. If you found neither AI to be aggressive early on, you can probaly put the cc first. Also it is hard to beat hive tech zerg without vessels.

Hydra-lurk is definitely the way to go. And the lair/hive slowdown for zerg AI is retarded and I haven't found a way to deal with it yet. ;/ I think Zerg AI is the most unstable. Usually I make it expand and build more sunken/spore.

Here's a rep where I go 2 port wraith which damages them a bit but they still manage to launch a big attack. I think a loop for a starport should deal with tihs.
Myk
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Myk » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:12 am

Weeee. I just deleted my own post.... Major Face Palm action at 2 AM.

A little news:
Tech/building problems will be mildly helped by including more attacks. The new attack scripts are quite a bit better and help use the Zerg's massive unit production abilities quite a bit better than before. I haven't fully coded this, but with the few things I tried it went really well.

I'll be gone for about a week. When I get back I'll probably jump on it.

I haven't yet decided between lurker/hydra or lurker/ling type stuff, so I may offer some sort of sampler and see what feels best.

Long days and pleasant nights!
Myk
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:28 pm

Added to
Myk

Postby Myk » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:46 am

Wow. Cool!
Too bad that's the old one with mold and dust on it.

Speaking of which :o ....check this out: [attachment=1881:Myk_Zerg_Ai_1.9.zip]

It's okay, though; I'm not any good at this stuff so this one will in fact be WORSE than 1.00. :)
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:33 am

They kept nailing my vessels with plague. Very annoying. :lol: I think a spore at each base could work very well at keeping vessels away if combined with defilers.

And right after I just repaired them...another plague. geez. :P

Myk

Postby Myk » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:23 am

Those are really nice pics from the replay!

The comp did a decent job casting Dark Swarm in a few spots, but they weren't really battle deciding.

Next version will include scourge, faster attack loops, actual spore colonies(!) and maybe just overall better management of resources.

Below is an image from a test replay I did earlier. After 30 minutes of back and forth carnage from Unleaded Terran(I Think it was even an older version of Archon's AI, but I had it so I used it. :P the terran finally fell to The Swarm!

Thanks to JH for suggesting the inclusion of Overlord drop. It's done a lot of cool stuff with it so far. :cool:

Unleaded shows My Zerg how to expand and in return learns what drops are! Check out the minimap, too!
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:50 am

Here's a pv2z. I actually lost the 1st game but hit restart so replay didn't save. :o I think it could use more hydra against protoss.
Myk

Postby Myk » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:42 am

New version out! 8-)
JH24

Postby JH24 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:24 am

I have a replay of 2T vs. 3Myk Zerg. It's very possible that the map was the cause of this but your AI's seemed to stall a bit after some initial Zergling attacks. I don't have enough time to test this out on other maps for the moment, but I'll try again later today in a 1vs1 match.

The initial Zergling attacks were very good, I was barely able to survive. :)

[attachment=1896:1a.rep]
Myk

Postby Myk » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:02 am

For whatever reason, my Zerg seems to really suck on that map.
I think it sucks anyways. I'm going to work on it some more, even though I thought for sure I'd be able to move on to the next race by now. :lol:

Oh well, at least it's easier to modify now than it was before... 8-)

Though, I'd chance a guess that those multiruns with the unit training in them are the problem... Lesson: If it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

Return to “StarCraft Modding”