Myk's AI 3.5

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
wscha231

Postby wscha231 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:52 pm

accel zerg seems like most strong zerg if its air defense is modefied. im wait for its new version :D
Myk

Postby Myk » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:32 pm

accel zerg seems like most strong zerg if its air defense is modefied. im wait for its new version :D
I'm really sorry for the long delay. Work started up and I only get time on the weekends to do stuff and most of the time I don't have access to a computer.

Most of 4.0 is already written. I really just need a good weekend to hammer on the keyboard for a while and it would be out.
Myk

Postby Myk » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:44 am

The next AI pack will be greatly delayed.

Why isn't there another Myk AI version out yet? Simply put, I worked really hard on another one and it turned out sub-par. I reworked it and the results were pretty good, but overall there wasn't much improvement over the 3.5 ones. So, I'm sorry if you were so patiently awaiting a new one.

Starting with the earliest versions, I wanted to turn the Zerg AI into something worthwhile instead of being viewed as the weakest SC:BW non-cheating AI. I think with AccelZerg and my WarZerg BWAI entry I've achieved that.

My goals to keep the Zerg macro going, eliminating periods of stagnation and use attack_add/prepare/do protocol for the best attack waves has proved to truly be challenging to forge them all together into one functional piece. I think I've achieved this goal, even if just scratching the surface.

I'm not done AI scripting yet! I've still got some ideas, and as long as it's fun to design or play with them, I'll most likely continue to do so when I have the time, nay-sayers and haters be damned!

Super thanks to everyone here on the forums. Without your support and/or my stealing your code, my AI would have never been as good.
Myk

Postby Myk » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:13 am

Hey look, AccelZerg grew into a Pro$ script!

Still only plays ZvT.
To play, right click and save as to your /BWAILauncher/Packages/03) Racine's Rebels (Pro $) directory

[attachment=2864:AccelZerg v1.1.txt]
Myk

Postby Myk » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:41 am

Here's a strict BWAIWar PvT entry. Great potential for a perfect score. Also a great study script for resource based script construction.
[attachment=2897:Myk War P v1.txt]
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:42 am

bah, why are some of your scripts so gimmicky? :P
Myk

Postby Myk » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:46 pm

How else should they be?
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:40 am

i don't really know, but it's not enjoyable to be beaten by dt rushes every single time.
Equalizer

Postby Equalizer » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:32 pm

It comes down to whether the goal is to make an AI that can maximize its chance to win or one that is interesting to play against/watch.

Both problems are really hard. Ideally solving the first one also solves the second.

I think at the moment designing a script to beat a human is a lot different from designing one that can beat another script since being unpredictable tends to be what gives people a tough time.

Obviously making a script unpredictable is rather hard.
Myk

Postby Myk » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:54 pm

i don't really know, but it's not enjoyable too be beaten by dt rushes every single time.
Yeah, it's quite unfair.

I hadn't set out to do it that way. I went through about a dozen different strategies and unit combinations, lots of which are already covered by other scripts, until I stumbled on this.

I don't really know how to fight back. Equalizer's script get a super fast comsat station and expansion (and another comsat), and I think that's the key. But getting there is walking a thin line, because it's easy enough to get run over by the zealot-heavy opponents before you even get that far. Or just not let anyone enter DT rushes, I don't know...

Return to “StarCraft Modding”