Myk's AI 3.5

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
chezze

Postby chezze » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:06 pm

All those resource loops look like a good idea. What happens when there are 4 or 5 of these resource loops all waiting for some resources? Which one gets the money first?

Terran AI > Zerg AI
You sure about that? :roll:
Myk

Postby Myk » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:39 pm

Not very many of these Zerg AI get lurkers fast enough or in big enough numbers.

Racine Z gets them pretty dang fast, but it can't afford anymore because it's rushing the tech from 1 base and then expanding.

Blizz is almost the same as Racine Z, but it gets 2 hatcheries at the start.

CZ beats it on Colosseum. It takes a huge beating and then Terran runs out of minerals and dies.

Myk Z gets rolled on Byzantium, but wins on Colosseum because the marines can't figure out how the Sunkens keep shooting from that cliff.

All those resource loops look like a good idea. What happens when there are 4 or 5 of these resource loops all waiting for some resources? Which one gets the money first?
I try to offset them in cost so they don't clash, but there's only so much that's gonna do. It shouldn't hurt anything if a few things trigger at once. It'll likely just slow down unit production a little bit until it gets those things start building.

Terran AI > Zerg AI

You sure about that? :roll:

Statistically, T AI has way more points than Z AI in the AIWar.

It's certainly been way easier for me to write these TvZ scripts than it ever has to write the ZvX ones. Zerg AI goes haywire right from the start since they need that fast expansion to fight back. Then they need Sunken Colonies and soon after a rush comes so they need some Zerglings and at the same time they're trying to get to Lair tech... It's complicated and somewhat ugly to deal with.
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:57 pm

Ok played vs Myk Template. Very well done as they cover a lot of ground. One note is that it probaly should get marine range a bit faster; otherwise early defense will be difficult. It'd also be pretty good to have a 2nd factory when 2 expansions are up.
Myk

Postby Myk » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:54 am

Looks like a crappy Terran AI to me. :)

Expansion stuff doesn't work too well: I'll just tell it to expand now. Better to waste money on expansions than have no money at all.

I'll try to speed up the range upgrade.
I don't like the main turret timing. I'd rather have it build turrets when the lair/spire is detected than to just sit around until the mutalisks are actually hatching.

It just needs some rushes now.

Edit:
Wow. So I actually used debug and I found out that the attack loop was just flat out breaking at times. I changed the define_max of the tanks and vessels up +1 and suddenly it works again. I may increase the max amounts further OR decrease the overall amount of vessels being made and do something like add Battlecruiser support.
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:43 am

I find that wait_force isn't too hot in attack loops; sometimes it doesn't work.
Myk

Postby Myk » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:08 am

I find that wait_force isn't too hot in attack loops; sometimes it doesn't work.
Works pretty good now that I fixed the defined max things. Not sure why those broke the attack loop, but whatever. :)

My TvP stuff was also not making units, so maybe it's the same issue. I'll test it later on.
Myk

Postby Myk » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:38 am

This is half of a big to-do list and half seeing if there are any suggestions to add things that people want.
Heavy construction is going on to v4, which will feature some pretty radical script changes and a few random branches for each race and matchup.

Here's what I've got down for the
ZvT
Random openings: 6 pool, 9 pool, 12 pool, 12 hatch.
6 pool is completely random
9 pool or 12 pool can be reactionary or random.
12 hatch if none of the above.
All of them except the 12 hatch will probably do some sort of early attack.

They all use a 3 hatch style build after the opening.

Pre Lair there's a jump to a Counter Zerg style army of Zergling/Hydra that gets 3 evo chambers and techs up to Hive, mostly for upgrades.

Post Lair/Lair start, I've got random jumps to one of these:
Mutalisk/Zergling
Zergling/Lurker
Hydralisk/Lurker

OR a jump to go straight to queen's nest/Hive

Post Hive:
Mutalisk/Zergling or the fast Hive jump go directly into Ultralisk/Zergling/Scourge armies
Hydra/Lurker gets Defilers.
Ling/Lurker gets defilers and then Ultralisks.

I'm still working out the transitions and attack grouping, but at least here's the basic concept for the ZvT. I think that covers most of the matchup unit mixtures.

ZvP
Same openers as above, but rush(0) will trigger a regular vs. 2 gate P opening.
I'm tempted to get lazy and link the Vs. 2 gate builds to the regular ZvT ones just because.
Vs. FE will be one of the typical 3/5 hatch style crap.

ZvZ
-> ZvT Muta/Ling

##Terran##
I haven't start on the Terran yet, but here are the overall plans...
Overall, I'm going to try improving build timing, unit production and cutting of the loops down.
Expansions might build a Barracks, Factory or Starport depending on matchup/tech level.

TvZ
-Extra cheese. There's never enough cheese...
-Adding Battlecruiser support!

TvP
-Might add 2 factory tank+M&M pressure thing that I worked out pretty well.
-Tank + M&M maybe with a little science vessel and ghost support. Not 100% sure on this, so suggestions are welcome. It takes too much energy to write a real metal script to watch the comp suicide the vultures over and over, so I don't want to do that! /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

TvT
-Rushing builds are pretty horrible here... 2 factory vultures or wraiths... the computer uses both pretty horribly.
-Tank/Goliath, similar to the old build. I would like to add Battlecruisers to this one.

##Protoss##
Not this far yet...

If there's any suggestions, I'll take them into consideration, else I'll just keep rolling with this setup.
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:23 am

-Might add 2 factory tank+M&M pressure thing that I worked out pretty well
Sounds like a good idea. I've never seen a script attempt a very fast tank heavy rush with some mm support.

ZvZ I just recommend overpooling, massing as many lings as possible to attack and pray, then repeat. :lol: You can go 9 pool to defend against rushes; usually earlier is unecessary and doesn't help anyways. Mutalisks can come much later. Antiair is needed though. But for the most part in this scenario, the best defense is a strong offense.

For the PvT, I would find some way of getting some early arbiters; 2 base arbiters seems to be the buzz lately. Arbiters are without a doubt the best comp controlled unit; stasis from 2 Protoss AIs is downright sadistic. Enemy Terran scripts cannot deal with it at all. Also, zeal/goon doesn't really cost much gas. The AI's use of templar is questionable at best so arbiters are usually great at spending the gas surplus.

But like everything else, it sucks if it's predictable, so a random chance of dt rush, then tech to arbiters will really screw with people.

Return to “StarCraft Modding”