Myk's AI 3.5

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
Archon_Wing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Archon_Wing » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:34 am

Ahh, right after I had Avance 6-0'd on those reps, I thought I'd have BWAIwar 4 down easy. But this is not true.

Anyhow, apparently Myk has been testing vs Raynor T, as that is located in the exe. /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> Raynor T is a good one to test against as it's one of the most oldest but reliable AIs. It's arguably one of the best TvZ AIs, as shown in its previous BWAI war performances and practicaly no zerg AI in Entropy stands a chance with the exception of Avance Counterzerg, of which Avance perfected by testing it against Raynor. Although modern day strats define Raynor's 3 rax tank rush to be pretty much cheese, it's pretty damned effective in an AI war.

So how did Myk Zerg do? I tested it on the new AIvsAI reps. Python, Heartbreak Ridge, Luna AI (Tenango), Colosseum, Tau Cross, and Byzantium. The pics can speak for themselves.

Only on Collosseum did Raynor put up any kind of meaningful offensive, where both forces bypassed each other and Luna where Raynor was able to attack the sunken line but was ultimately pushed back. Apparently Myk Zerg uses capt_expand, as its forces constantly seem to be deployed everywhere, ambushing those poor mariens!

6-0 in favor of Myk Zerg. Never since Avance has Raynor T ever been beaten down so badly, and these games seem even more one sided. Scary! I'm sure I won't be able to take down this AI with a couple of marines. ;)

But with Raynor gone, there's not really much to test it on. Racine and Ashara AIs don't really have that kind of power to take out this kind of zerg, especially since they lack tanks. So I decided to pit it against the other "best tvz AI" (self proclaimed) Unleaded Terran. Unlike Raynor AI, Unleaded Terran tries to hide behind bunkers and try to mass a force. (Raynor is typically better on non-standard maps, but on maps like these Unleaded is usually better for the more drawn out game. This is the AI vs AI version; I believe the zerg would do better against the standard version. (Exe at the end if you want to watch). Anyhow, I'll stop plugging my AI for once, and here's some more pics!

Myk Z >>>> Unleaded Terran @ Tau Cross
They don't want the terrans to expand

Being ambushed everywhere

Unleaded fights off this group of ultras. Wow, and its even trying to wall!

But that doesn't really matter

So capt_expand definitely is a powerful command. It's pretty insane.

Unleaded managed to win on the other maps, although all of the games were very close and largely consisting of Unleaded Terran getting beaten up and getting lucky with targeting. Myk Z should probaly have won on Luna, but due to some odd targeting Unleaded managed to sneak an expansion in an obscure location and steal a win. Honestly, I've never seen my AI kept below 60 supply so much, and those lurkers sometimes manage to break through those huge bunker defenses. With some tweaking and I think i'm screwed in the BWAIwar part for tvz. :lol:

Keep up the good work.
JH24
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby JH24 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:58 pm

Wow, really amazing! Awesome work, Myk!

Sorry I haven't been able to test out your AI yet as I promised, the last days have been pretty hectic but I really look forward to play against it soon. :)
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:50 pm

Here is a rep. One of the comps had trouble defending against early pressure, but rest was pretty good
Myk

Postby Myk » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:36 am

pandabb

Postby pandabb » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:25 pm

Hi everyone, i am new to here. I am not a scripter nor a good sc player, but just enjoy playing and watching AI fights~~

Myk's zerg - Very very impresive lucker attack! ! i've never seen an AI handles lucker that well. it is obviously that AI handles lucker better in offence than defence.

(sorry about my english)
pandabb

Postby pandabb » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:27 am

I have make a little modification on Myk's Zerg AI, so it beats the Unleaded on most of the iccup maps now. Enjoy!
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:11 am

Fun. But what maps were you using to test? God's Garden isn't really the best map to test AI on because it doesn't know which side to defend (tries to face the back expo). You can use the ai vs ai replays to test quickly and also use the new blank exe which contains a firegraft fix for terran building. This thread also contains triggers that will remove the observer. These can serve a good basis for testing.

So far the AI vs AI matches show a 3-3 tie, with your modded AI taking unleaded down on Heartbreak Ridge, Colo, and Byzantium but losing on Tau Cross. So that's an improvement. However it's also significantly weaker against the other terran AIs around here now.

Still it's a really good idea to expand heavily. Top secret script for BWAI war IV. ;)
Myk

Postby Myk » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:40 am

pandabb

Postby pandabb » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:10 am

Very helpful tools. Thank you Archon!

You are right, this AI is designed for unleaded. It has no chance to stand against any kind of early rush. I just learn SC AI scripting yesterday, so not sure about many things still. I will try to make a improved version today, to make 6-0. :P
pandabb

Postby pandabb » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:16 am

Return to “StarCraft Modding”