Myk's AI 3.5

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
Equalizer

Postby Equalizer » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:56 am

I'd think Terran mech with spider-mines and a good number of turrets could do better.
(the AIs placement of spider-mines/turrets is a bit of an issue though)

Have you tried putting zealots into the dt build when it gets excess minerals?

Accel T sometimes has a shot at winning but your dt script ends up with several thousand banked minerals.

If those were zealot it likely would win.
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:30 am

I'd think Terran mech with spider-mines and a good number of turrets could do better.

Accel T sometimes has a shot at winning but your dt script ends up with several thousand banked minerals.

The things is sometimes even with lots of detection (at least from what I see in bwaiwarV) is that dts just kill everything so Terran has so quickly, since most go bio. 7dts = 7 deaths every second. even with a bunker, that bunker is dead in one swipe.

As for your Zerg all in against Protoss, it's essentially impossible to defend, and an AI does defend is weak against other AIs it puts the Protoss AI massively behind. The only way it was defended in BWAIWARV was somehow by your own Protoss Script. (thats lame x2 :P
Myk

Postby Myk » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:57 am

I feel like my scripts that do good in BWAIWar are all born out of frustrations with the engine and having to think ways around it.

Mutalisks and lurkers ineffective in ZvT? Well, just make a zillion lings and tech to ultralisks.

Can't beat the zealot rush or even defend against it with proper sunken colony placement? Well, just make a zillion zerglings.

Medic and marine pushing your TvP game out of shape? Well, how about a perpetual Dark Templar rush.

They're not what I'd want to have made. My first scripts were made to look like pro-builds, and they got smashed by everyone. These new ones look like some noob is playing, and they win too much. I don't want to think too hard about what that could mean.

That's kind of why I wanted to get some interest in people writing something for a mirror match, because at least that puts you on slightly even footing with the other guy, and you can get really competitive, maybe shift some waits around to make the other guy lose or something. *shrugs*

Mech is very weak for everything else, though. And the mines in base make a lot of building placement problems even worse.

Zealots? Maybe. Maybe something like waiting for a certain expansion number, then getting leg speed and then switching over to pure zealots. It's already a little too good, and I don't want to work on it anymore.

A big point of how it works is that the mineral side is only there for more gateways, nexus and probes. DT's cost relatively more gas than minerals, and they're the only gas costing thing that ever gets built, so it keeps things simple, even if it banks tons of minerals.

I do agree that unpredictable AI is a lot more fun to play against than the other way around. I don't really know how to quantify or execute that too well. I think the best we've done is Entropy, where nobody has to worry about how to make a random script, because they're going to be different no matter what. But just making the AI do random and ineffective things won't get anyone too far, which is why Archon Wing put a ton of work into making all of the old scripts better, or at least ripping the better builds and putting them into his own AIs.
Equalizer

Postby Equalizer » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:22 am

I wonder how krasi0's BWAPI AI would do against your dt script.
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:36 pm

How does goliath tank do?

I did really like your ZvT AI though.
bajadulce

Postby bajadulce » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:26 am

I spent a good bit of time parsing this thread so that the bbcode is all working now. The attachments and links to internal BWAI posts aren't functioning, but and at least this topic is readable again! :!:

Feel bad about how f'd up the boards are and realize we'll eventually get them back in order. In the meantime just wanted a few topics to be readable even if it meant manually editing. This was one of them.

Return to “StarCraft Modding”