Myk's AI 3.5

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
Myk

Myk's AI 3.5

Postby Myk » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:08 pm

Updated December 29, 2009

• Features:
    • Non-cheating Terran, Zerg and Protoss AI scripts for all occasions

The current versions of these scripts may be found here, in the BWAI Launcher.
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:49 pm

Pretty good start here. As it disposes of the default T pretty easily, here's an exe of it vs the Entropy Prime AIs. I used the new Ai vs AI replays for this.

Spoiler:[spoiler]Colosseum: Rocky T > Myk Z
The early muta harass takes a toll on Rocky T, which doesn't seem to have that much antiair. Unforunately, the Z softlocks during the late game, and its lurkers cannot stop the masses of tanks as well as the terran expansions.

Python: Rocky T < Myk Z
Mutas quickly deal damage to Rocky T's expansion. Rocky T cannot stop the lurker ling follow up.

Heartbreak Ridge: Raynor T > Myk Z
Raynor T's rush is extremely hard to for a Zerg AI to hold off here. Getting my Protoss to beat it was already painful enough! Maybe more lings are needed

Byzantium: Ashara T > Myk Z
Similar to above, though the game lasts longer as this AI's rushes are not as strong

Tau Cross: Racine T < Myk Z
Racine's early m+m rush is deflected by the sunkens; quickly gets run over by just mutalisks.[/spoiler]

Removed... check for newer versions!
Myk

Postby Myk » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:34 am

Thanks for the replies, guys!

@Archon_Wing: Thanks for including that file, I'll probably run it through a bunch of replays when I get back home. Is there any way to change which AI it will face on each map? I know I wanted to see if other Zerg were any good on Heartbreak Ridge since mine is such a disaster, but I couldn't get it to roll any of the more aggressive scripts that I had hoped for.

@bajadulce: Thanks for the warm, weird welcome!
"Help keep Santa Cruz weird."
I need to force you guys to play some SC games with me or something.

@Nobody
I'm going to take my train(#, X) commands out of in between my attack_add(#, X) style blocks. Multiple attack_add(#, X) types seem to mix the units up as it makes them while train(#, X) is blocking, so it'll sit there making my lurkers and then my zerglings and then attack, instead of just making everything all at once, resources and supply permitting....

Source of this info: http://www.broodwarai.com/forums/index.php...post&p=3334

It may help stamp out some softlocking issues beyond my totally broken end of the main thread. Thank gourd it either wins or loses way ahead of Hive tech, so far...
JH24

Postby JH24 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:57 am

Hi Myk,
Welcome to the forums! :)

I've downloaded your Zerg AI. I'll play against it as Terran later today and try to post some replays.
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:01 am

@Archon_Wing: Thanks for including that file, I'll probably run it through a bunch of replays when I get back home. Is there any way to change which AI it will face on each map?
I know I wanted to see if other Zerg were any good on Heartbreak Ridge since mine is such a disaster, but I couldn't get it to roll any of the more aggressive scripts that I had hoped for.
You'd have to load the individual scripts into an aiscript.bin. Raynor T is friggin impossible to defeat on that map if your script wasn't written by Avance. ;)
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:19 am

CZerg is going down in BWAIWarIV.
Well, all it takes is a few lines in a multirun for Raynor T to win. ^^

spoiler:[spoiler]--kill--
wait_build(1, barracks)
rush(0, no kill)
enemyowns_jump(photon_cannon, no kill)
attack_add(2, marine)
enemyowns_jump(nexus, note cannons)
--kill 2--
attack_do()
attack_clear()
clear_combatdata()
attack_add(4, marine)
attack_do()
attack_clear()
clear_combatdata()

--no kill--
stop()

--note cannons--
attack_prepare()
enemyowns_jump(photon_cannon, kill 2)
attack_clear()
stop()[/spoiler]

I limited it much more against toss since it doesn't seem nearly as effective as it is against zerg; probably would be better to counter expand. But it didn't end up changing the outcome of any tvp anyways, rush or not. This also only works for scripts that build a very early barracks; it doesn't work fast enough for mine. :lol:
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:25 am

The triggers removed me. :0 Why do they act so wacky? I have included a version with the fixed triggers.

And here's a replay. I was a bit concerned that the AI took a long time to build lings-- would have been very vulnerable to early rushes. However, it did build a very strong defense. Usually I test the zerg AIs by doing a 2medic/firebat marine rush after a fast expand. A good AI has to hold that rush off. The tech came kinda late; spire needs to go down asap when lair finishes. The harassment was pretty effective actually, unfortunately the comp didn't really expand and ending up mining itself out.
Myk

Postby Myk » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:53 am

Contrary to popular opinion, I have not given up on this!

In fact, here's a small taste of things to come:...Pffft. We don't want a small taste, we want a full version! Update in first post!

Return to “StarCraft Modding”