***Racine 1.0 ZvT @ Colosseum***
Racine 1.0 > A_Wing 1.0

Racine 1.0 < Baja 1.0

Racine 1.0 < Blizzard

Racine 1.0 > Racine 1.0

Racine 1.0 Z: 2[/spoiler]
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:02 pm

Ouch rofl. Same thing happened last ai war. However, I think it's actually a flaw in the zerg scripts though. Next week you will see Storm Zerg tear all these cheesy rush scripts a new one. ;) Actually even the non-AI vs Ai version would do it since the ZvP hasn't been modified in a long time. But all most scripts need is a rush check to go for 12 pool instead of 12 hatch.
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:27 pm

Sounds fun. We will not do mirror matchups unless someone else helps us do that... (unlikely) :lol:

It'll be 2 maps per matchup and maybe shuffle the map pool every month or so. Anyone else who wants to join is free to record their own replays. Even on the same map, because different starting positions can be a new game.
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:49 am

I updated the maps in the first post. ^^
PvT: PythonAI, Byzantium
PvZ: Tenango, Heartbreak Ridge
TvZ: Colosseum, Tau Cross
Myk

Postby Myk » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:11 am

Archon_Wing wrote:I updated the maps in the first post. ^^

PvT: PythonAI, Byzantium

PvZ: Tenango, Heartbreak Ridge

TvZ: Colosseum, Tau Cross

My problem with Heartbreak Ridge is that Zerg absolutely sucks at placing Sunken Colonies on this map. So any build that's not balls to the wall Zerglings or faster Lurkers just gets run over by the Default/Racine/Raynor. I just feel that the map should be "thrown out" not because it favors one race over the other, which is what we're looking for so we don't exactly cater a single script to a single map which will inevitably make it fail on a new map, instead it punishes a few builds due to things that can't be controlled at all.

I'm glad a secondary map set is going to be included in the AI War. It was something that I noticed but didn't mention, so it's cool that it got figured out before total solidification of the AI War rules and all that dandy stuff.

Also... Something interesting to note about the slight differences in AI text files and generally pickiness about slight changes: I changed the order of one of selecting the AI to fight against each other using the launcher and it changed the outcome. I believe it was Counter Zerg against Archon_Wing 1.00 but I could be wrong; I came across it last night and didn't think about it much at the time.

Return to “StarCraft Modding”