FireGraft 1.16.1 (primarily exe edit discussion)

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
assasing123

Postby assasing123 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:12 am

i didn't knew of this really, this definatly will save me lots of time, AWESOME JOB guys @.@ now i can resume my mods finally :D
Drakiazuu

Postby Drakiazuu » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:05 am

pastelmind wrote:I'm also adding a tutorial for updating Firegraft and existing mod files with the new file.
I don't see this tutorial anywhere. But in any case, shouldn't it be as easy as opening data.mpq in the Firegraft folder and adding 1161.fgd to it? Cause I'd love these new edits :D
pastelmind

Postby pastelmind » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:22 pm

RavenWolf wrote:
pastelmind wrote: Apply Damage Type Modifiers Before Shields/Armor
This also means that the unit size comes in concideration when damage its applied to shields, rigth?
Yes. For example, with this edit active, if a Zealot with 100 HP/20 shields is hit by a sieged tank (70 explosive damage), it will take 70 * 50% = 35 damage. Thus its shields will be entirely depleted, and it will have 100 - (35 - 20 - 1) = 86 hp.

Drakiazuu wrote:I don't see this tutorial anywhere. But in anycase, shouldn't it be as easy as opening data.mpq in the Firegraft folder and adding 1161.fgd to it? Cause I'd love these new edits
See first post
Drakiazuu

Postby Drakiazuu » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:16 am

Awesome! Thanks man. Only small detail is there is no 1161 in my firegraft folder originally.
*I tried it, doesn't seem the new ones show up in my exe edits. I'm using Firegraft 0.93
RavenWolf

Postby RavenWolf » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:39 pm

Is there any chance to make those new exe edits work with 1.15.1?
Flexo

Postby Flexo » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:05 pm

Drakiazuu wrote:Awesome! Thanks man. Only small detail is there is no 1161 in my firegraft folder originally.
Use the firegraft hosted on our site.

RavenWolf wrote:Is there any chance to make those new exe edits work with 1.15.1?
Use the ollydbg tutorial in 1st post on converting known offsets. But why would you want to use 1.15.1 anyways? Thanks to projects like BWAPI and even this firegraft thread, there is much more information on 1.16.1. It is night and day. Does anyone even own a CD anymore? 1.16.1 replays record all text conversations. 1.16.1 supports electronic downloads. GPTP? You don't need a template to make plugins.
RavenWolf

Postby RavenWolf » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:35 am

Flexo wrote:GPTP? You don't need a template to make plugins.
Do you know any good tutorial/example for making plugins without GPTP?
LSS6007

Postby LSS6007 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:48 pm

Well... the exe edits seem great. But FireGraft seems to have issues with the Original campaigns...

I just did some modding with some modified button sets and exe edits, but when I try to start Original campaigns, nothing happens after I clicked the episode. The Expansion (Brood War) campaigns work, however.

It seems the no-cd feature of SC 1.15.2 and later have to process the starcraft.mpq and broodwar.mpq during the main title screen. (probably picking the right mpq up and cache it) After you select Original or Expansion, there should be a lag before you go to character selection screen. However, the lag isn't there in a FireGraft executable... maybe it was hardcoded to read broodwar.mpq directly so the mods won't work with Original campaigns (starcraft.mpq).

Is there anything to do with that? Or I have to stick on the fact that I cannot use modded button sets and exe edits in and just in the Original campaigns?
Undermind3k

Postby Undermind3k » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:34 pm

Confirmed:
Interesting bug w/ Firegraft. I never noticed that little hesitation before the character selection screen.

Are the 3 broodwar campaign trees not enough for your project?
LSS6007

Postby LSS6007 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:28 pm

Actually, I wanted to have the mod played throughout the entire six campaigns. It could be fun.

I haven't tested, but there could be problems with users installed and updated only StarCraft Original, without Brood War, as FireGraft doesn't seem to locate or read starcraft.mpq (probably it'll still ask you for CD in that case even if you have starcraft.mpq copied as Original version will not be aware of broodwar.mpq).

The custom game selection appears to still work in Original, so you could run your vanilla starcraft campaigns the traditional way via a campaign map folder.
It's true, as things other than Original's ingame campaigns do not involve starcraft.mpq so they'll still work.

Hope there could be a fix, or at least be able to create two kinds of executables correspond to each version. Also, I'm wondering if it's possible to create FireGraft executables to launch Campaign Editor with your exe edits so we can create maps specially for the mod.

EDIT: By the way... could there be a possible exe edit that, if you enabled shield on a Terran or Zerg building, when constructing, enabling the shield to fill to max as well during construction just like Protoss buildings. By default when constructing a Terran or Zerg building with shield enabled, the shield won't fill.

Also, if you upgrade an upgradable Zerg building with shields both before and after upgrade, the shield simply reset to around 10% when upgrade completed regardless of previous amount. Could there be a possible exe edit to deal with that?

EDIT 2: My guessing's correct. FireGraft IS hardcoded to read BroodWar.mpq. If you want to run a FireGraft mod for Original campaign, temporarily rename the BroodWar.mpq into something else and rename your StarCraft.mpq into BroodWar.mpq. Maybe the best solution would be creating a new BroodWar.mpq with files of both versions inside it, but I haven't tested yet.

Return to “StarCraft Modding”