FireGraft 1.16.1 (primarily exe edit discussion)

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
murph

Postby murph » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:02 pm

Maybe you can make a scenario with one arbiter, one pylon, one enemy wraith that attacks you, etc.? The simplest possible canned scenario you can make that reproduces the error every time.
Heinermann

Postby Heinermann » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:19 am

Code: Select all

004ED187                 jz      short loc_4ED1D2
This jump is for if the Unit pointer is NULL. Changing this will cause a crash for sure.

Although the instruction before it

004ED182                 mov     edi, 300h

is used to compare the status flags to (Cloaked | RequiresDetector)
but the comparison for that isn't done until 004ED195, and the jump for it is at 004ED19B.
TwistedMentat

Postby TwistedMentat » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:37 pm

I would like to report what I believe to be a bug:

I think there is an incorrect exe edit in the most recent 1161.fgd: I cannot successfully change the default 3 larvae for each Zerg hatchery/lair/hive to a higher number (found under Abilities --> Self --> Larva Spawn --> Compare/Count Maximum). I can change the digit in Firegraft, but the change is not applied in-game. It works fine for versions 1.15.0 and 1.15.1, but not for 1.16.1. Changing the spawn timer works in all three tested versions of Brood War.

Also, I'm not sure of the intended use of the "Remove race restriction" edit found under Abilities --> Target --> Repair. It seems logical to assume that this would allow non-Terran units/buildings to be repaired by SCVs, or that it would allow non-Terran workers to repair Terran buildings and mech units, but I couldn't get either of those situations to work out. The repair button appears to be hard-coded for SCV use only, and I recall reading in a Stardraft FAQ that cross-species repair was just not feasible (at least, not at that time). Yet, the setting has been made available in this version of Firegraft, suggesting the possibility, but no information is offered under the Enable/Disable drop-down. Is special scripting needed, is it a bug, or have I incorrectly assumed the purpose of this exe edit? This ability is not essential, but it would be pretty cool if a peon could patch up a war-torn reaver or carrier.
matefkr

Postby matefkr » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:25 am

hello, i did not check if its there or not.
Nydus offsets, one for click on it (think its 4e8c3f) and continual check (this, 4ea40f or maybe the other way around). Tha code near that offsets can be modified at place so it accept all races and allies to use nydus canal.

I want to modify stuff so:
-spider mine should cost resources ->one vulture lay large fields
-protoss provide power/aura for allies
-healing allies by medic (on order and automatic)

Any hints on offsets?
DiscipleOfAdun

Postby DiscipleOfAdun » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:07 am

If anyone wants to do some data entry for me i could use someone to do the following:

Convert the existing folder structure for upgrades/tech/orders into xml fragments where each goes:

<Entries>
  <Item name="foldername" index="0">
      <Item id="0" name="item name" index="0"/>
      <Item id="4" name="item name" index="1"/>
  </Item>
<Entries>

There can be any level of depths to children nodes. Changes to the existing structure are acceptable with logical explanation.
If anyone is willing to do this, let me know. :)

Also, how many people still use FG that pay attention to this topic? It'd be nice to know.
matefkr

Postby matefkr » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:25 am

DiscipleOfAdun wrote:...Convert the existing folder structure for upgrades/tech/orders into xml fragments where each goes:...
What do you mean by that? what kind of existing folder structure for ups/tech/orders? 'i dont use fg often since im not sure if it can be used along BWAI. im just dooing little exe edits sometimes.

EDIT: Where is the begining of main cycle for starcraft? (i think it might be connected to onframe in bwapi)
matefkr

Postby matefkr » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:41 am

pylon distance checker is at 4936f0
aura show-er 493663 all aurac are linked through unitnode + 0FCh (i think its already noted, but i forgot where the doc is).

EDIT:
4e62d2 90 90 remove auras whatver team selected before
4e6237 90 90 show auras if ANY pilon cliked
DiscipleOfAdun

Postby DiscipleOfAdun » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:10 am

matefkr wrote:What do you mean by that? what kind of existing folder structure for ups/tech/orders? 'i dont use fg often since im not sure if it can be used along BWAI. im just dooing little exe edits sometimes.
Each different tab has a folder structure associated with it. I'm asking someone to do the work of transferring the old structure into an XML one that I may use.
matefkr

Postby matefkr » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:10 pm

I see, I was not aware of that stuff (i just edited button sets and exe edits).
Heinermann

Postby Heinermann » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:07 pm

matefkr wrote:pylon distance checker is at 4936f0
aura show-er 493663 all aurac are linked through unitnode + 0FCh (i think its already noted, but i forgot where the doc is).

EDIT:
4e62d2 90 90 remove auras whatver team selected before
4e6237 90 90 show auras if ANY pilon cliked
http://code.google.com/p/bwapi/source/browse/trunk/bwapi/BWAPI/Source/BW/Unit.h#228

EDIT: Apparently did not update the hatchery structure (in the primary union) in the main branch which should be

struct
{
  u16 harvestValueLeft;
  u16 harvestValueTop;
  u16 harvestValueRight;  // 14
  u16 harvestValueBottom;
} hatchery; // wtf???

Return to “StarCraft Modding”