FireGraft 1.16.1 (primarily exe edit discussion)

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
Flexo

Postby Flexo » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:40 am

Odd bug.

LSS wrote:Actually, I wanted to have the mod played throughout the entire six campaigns. It could be fun.
Wow that's ambitious. Gluck. How far are you along? <_< :)

I'm wondering if it's possible to create FireGraft executables to launch Campaign Editor with your exe edits so we can create maps specially for the mod.
Didn't older cwad mods used to have this included? I know that SCMDraft has an option that allows you to load an MPQ and that seems like a good option.

Pulled campaign/terran1/... from starcraft.mpq and it worked fine in my test firegraft exe. You may have to include the terran/tutorial/ as well if your users haven't played it yet in order to get the map dropdown list cached.
LSS6007

Postby LSS6007 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:03 am

When you replace the ingame maps with YOUR campaign maps, won't the new missions launch the same way you are renaming broodwar.mpq?
Actually there's no need to rename if you are just replacing the campaign maps with yours. That was only needed if you want to play vanilla original campaigns with the mod, or you still need something from StarCraft original's CD data such as ingame cinematics. (Actually SC has some intermission cinematics while BW only has the cinematics at the end of each campaign)
Flexo

Postby Flexo » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:51 pm

ya that's what i meant bad wording. If you replace the maps with your own then the program will function the same AS if you renamed starcraft.mpq to broodwar.mpq. I'm glad this problem was able to be worked out. Look forward to seeing your 6 campaigns!

What are your plans for the cinematics btw? Blank .smks maybe?
DiscipleOfAdun

Postby DiscipleOfAdun » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:50 pm

That odd behavior is not directly FG's fault.

The patcher only scans calls to Storm.dll functions and loads data when it sees particular files being opened. All the original calls still make it through.

As is obvious, there wasn't any testing for the no-cd version (as the registry key's weren't even considered then).

There is also some weird stuff going on when starcraft switches between vanilla and bw if i remember the code correctly. Most likely something about these two is causing the archive open call for starcraft.mpq to fail. OR, it could be related to enabling the mod archive to patch over files. I have to wipe out the specific archive handle when loading files so it uses the priority system properly. However, this is the same functionality as MPQDraft...so I wonder if you can see the same issues if you're using an MPQD patch instead.
LSS6007

Postby LSS6007 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:26 pm

A temporary workaround is to create a batch file to rename the mpqs and revert back to their original names upon exit.

And besides, looks like the Repair - Remove Race Restriction exe edit doesn't seem to work... I enabled it but the game still says must target Terran units.
DiscipleOfAdun

Postby DiscipleOfAdun » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:54 pm

LSS wrote:A temporary workaround is to create a batch file to rename the mpqs and revert back to their original names upon exit.

And besides, looks like the Repair - Remove Race Restriction exe edit doesn't seem to work... I enabled it but the game still says must target Terran units
Still, it would be interesting to know if MPQDraft suffers the same problem. Mainly because if not, then the differences in the code for dealing with patching mpq's is where the problem is.

As for any exe edits from 1.16.1, I didn't find any of them, so that's up to someone else to figure out.
LSS6007

Postby LSS6007 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:18 am

Hmmm... The MPQDraft also has this issue, but if I uncheck the "Redirect extended calls (Advanced users only)" the problem will be solved (the lag will be there and both SC and BW campaigns will work).

Maybe the problem has something to do with this redirect extended calls thing...
Hercanic

Postby Hercanic » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:58 pm

Thank you to Pastelmind, bajadulce, Heinermann, Mauron and everyone else who has helped convert and find new EXE Edits for FireGraft 1.16.1. It's a bit quiet at the moment, so it may seem that nobody cares or that nobody is using what you guys worked on. I just wanted to let you know that I'm working on something that is using many of these edits. I don't want to say much more about the project until it is near release, but I felt it might help to know that people are using your work.

:thumbs: Again, thank you!
Hercanic

Postby Hercanic » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:02 pm

The timer values for various spells struck me as odd. After comparing those numbers with known durations on Liquipedia, I deduced that the timer value is multiplied by 8 to get its equivalent ticks/frames (comparable to build times, weapon cooldowns, and iscript waits).

For example, Ensnare is known to last 25 seconds on Fastest. The Firegraft EXE Edit for Ensnare's timer is set to 75. Multiplied by 8, you get 600. Fastest game speed cycles 24 ticks per second. 600 / 24 = 25 seconds.
Hercanic

Postby Hercanic » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:39 am

Ideas for offsets to look for probably aren't at a premium, but just in case here are some!

Glaive Wurm bounce distance
Glaive Wurm bounce amount
Glaive Wurm bounce damage reduction

Acid Spores AOE range

Return to “StarCraft Modding”