Entropy III v1.0 RC4 (Updated 2/19/10)

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:12 pm

And i also suggest some terrors for Zerg vs Zerg late.

Sorry, I didn't get that. What are "terrors?"

As for this file which I've forgotten about lately. I think I'll upload one more file-- 1.0; it'd be the last version aside from critical errors.

That doesn't mean that new scripts can't take part in BWAI though. Entropy III will continue on as a BWAI launcher package that can be updated by anyone on a whim. The exe file will remain unchanged, but since BWAI launcher is the future of BWAI, I think this will be best. Both the exe and the package will be available on the front page when it's ready. But in any case, I think I've had my fun here, and would really like to get back to playing mods. But I'm sure people will use BWAIlauncher to take the AIs to an even higher level than I could have ever imagined, once again.

Planned Changes in 1.0:

I noted in PEAI, that cheats are off. Since Bajadulce did note the Entropy is supposed to eschew cheats, single player cheats will be off in Melee and Free for All.

As for UMS template , I'm not really sure on how that works... (Fixed or random start locations doesn't seem correct for either setting-- it should be decided by the map) Then again, the custom AIs don't really function right on UMS and wasn't really supported anyways.

The Entropy exe located in BWAI launcher will be used, instead of the current file.

Scripts: I will wait for all existing scripts that are active to work out their quirks first. If you really are that desperate to see the latest and greatest in scripts, I may go around getting the package ready for upload.

The Entropy package versions will be referred to by date.

Currently, the Entropy files are quite behind the new ones and so it'll take a while to stick them in.
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:06 am

Entropy III has been updated, and this will pretty much be the file in its final form barring any terrible bugs. There will probably be one more update after we find the problem with Entropy T.

There are two downloads, one being the regular standalone file, and the other being the Entropy BWAIlauncher Package containing all the newest files I could find. Please tell me if I forgot about you.

Changes:
Added Accel T
Updated various scripts that had them
Removed most of the interlinked blocks between scripts as they were causing trouble.
You can no longer cheat in single player. :P That helps go along with the non cheating theme of this mod. :) Credit goes to Baja and the PEAI mod.

Note: Entropy Multiplayer T still does not work in BWAIlauncher; you'll have to use the regular file for that.
Equalizer

Postby Equalizer » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:31 am

I believe this is a functioning version of Entropy Multiplayer T,

[attachment=2673:Entropy_...player_T.txt]

I suppose I changed something in it a while back.

All I know is it compiles (that is the BWAILauncher will run it without throwing an error). I haven't tried testing it in game so it could have run-time bugs.

Also the BWAILauncher can have issues when loading multiple very long scripts so I wouldn't suggest trying to run Terran, Protoss, and Zerg all on multiplayer at once. Chances are something would break.

Of course I'm using v1.2 of the BWAILauncher so maybe the memory issues have been fixed.
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:39 pm

Very nice. I wonder what you changed! :P

The major hurdle here, is that I would have to add my newer script and yours. :o We'll see what's up with that. And yea, the problem is with 1.2
Equalizer

Postby Equalizer » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:52 am

I compared the script that works with the one that doesn't and the only change that I made was replacing the "aiscript" with "bwscript" in all of the headings.

Apparently it gives the script more memory so a longer script can still compile.

Also is v1.2 the latest version of the BWAILauncher? I tried redownloading the launcher and it is v1.2 and still can't run all three scripts set to entropy multiplayer.
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:34 am

Excellent hint Equalizer. I think I've solved it.

I overwrote the aiscript.bin in BWAIlauncherlibsMPQscripts with a blank one. Apparently BWAIlauncher will use this aiscript.bin/bwscript and load whatever scripts were necessary. However this file was too big. Now all the multiplayer files will load now though it gives this warning:

C:BWAILauncherLibsLibs.zipLibsAIBIN.py:727: DeprecationWarning: 'H' format requires 0 <= number <= 65535

edit: Ah, here we go. I opened default scripts in PYAI; deleted all the scripts I could, and saved the resulting 1kb aiscript and bwscript to BWAIlauncherlibsMPQscripts. All is well now. Of course, it'd probaly best to keep the UMS scripts if possible. I uploaded a blank aiscript/bwscript with only the UMS scripts left.
hasherl

Postby hasherl » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:45 am

Free for all mode doesn't work anymore, its melee now ( guess because of the anticheat). I hope it's not intended ^^

And i also suggest some terrors for Zerg vs Zerg late.

I meant the 75 gas suiciding zerg air unit. Cause if it comes to late game and u get some guardians in Zerg vs Zerg, it's gg.
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Ah, it seems like I screwed up the template for free for all. Thanks for pointing this out; I didn't even think anybody was playing this file anymore, lol.
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:12 am

Very sorry for the inconvenience. I have uploaded a new version, 1.0 RC2. Thanks to Equalizer, FFA works again! Here's a replay to prove it does. :)

Hunters wasn't really that greatest map to try it on, but whatever. :P

Also, Derqua's Warhammer Terran has been inducted into the Entropy Terran script. Congrats on joining a proud lineage of Terran AI. :D

Entropy III once again has UMS scripts, like its predecessor Entropy II, in case UMS maps need to be supported.

Also added more about BWAI launcher and how to use it on the front page.

This was more of a critical update, wasn't really planning to update this file for a while. If nothing else that is critical shows up, I think the next version will be 1.0 Final, probably in 3 months. That should be enough time for more folks to jam their scripts into what's left of Entropy III's free space. :lol: At which point, I am really done, for the last time. :) Though due to the ease of updating via Launcher packages, those can always happen. But we're at the end of the line for the standalone exe, and I think it's served it's purpose well.

As for remaining space on Entropy, the only way to fit it is T on aiscript.bin and P/Z on bwscript. (No other combination seems to work) The result is that we have very little space for P/Z left (I think we can squeeze one more medium sized one-- I sorta have to leave space for existing script updates) However, we do have plenty of space for Terran so keep them coming. It's quite fortunate all the new scripts are terran. :D
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:55 am

Well I spoke too soon. It seems like no matter how much I test, some other crap shows up. :lol: Apparently Unleaded T's TvT has been screwed for a long time and nobody has noticed (nobody cares). But it's not just broken. It does nothing. It'd be plainly hypocritical of me if my own script was responsible for ruining games so both E3 and BWAI Launcher have been updated appropriately.

But at least the above FFA rep still works. :D

Well I'm going to sleep, feel free to report how I've screwed up.

Return to “StarCraft Modding”