Rocky II Zerg and Protoss AI (Updated 02/02/12)

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
JH24

Postby JH24 » Sun May 24, 2009 7:29 pm

I'm really sorry for the double post but I just discovered an error in the Zerg script of version 0.8.

Due to a mistake of mine, the Zerg AI consumes too much resources and slows down a lot. I'll release a fix for this tomorrow in version 0.8a. I'll also place resource checks by the most important upgrades to make sure the AI won't be slowed down anymore by them.

My sincere apologies for the mistake.

EDIT: Adding resource_checks for upgrades seem to have a poisitive effect on the Zerg AI. I'll try to do the same for the other AI's. I'll do my best to release 0.8a tomorrow.
JH24

Postby JH24 » Mon May 25, 2009 8:15 pm

The mistake with the Zerg AI in Rocky 0.8 has been fixed. I also added resource checks to all AI's. They should now be more careful and balanced in spending their resources. I added extra variety blocks regarding units. But the AI will build nothing, except for reactive scripts and really important stuff, without checking if it can afford the expenses. Very likely these resource checks need to be fine-tuned a lot in future versions. The AI's do however, have a lot of extra room to spend on training units and large attacks.

Thanks for reading and I'm really sorry for the inconvenience. I have very little time at the moment but I'll upload the modified scripts tomorrow, I'll also post a few new screenshots then.

[attachment=1553:Rocky0.8a.rar]
JH24

Postby JH24 » Tue May 26, 2009 8:51 pm

Updated Rocky 0.8a AI to Rocky 0.8b.

0.8b changes:

Minor fixes.
Added early resource checks
Several Protoss AI script enhancements. AI now can max out in 15-16 minutes. * (Not always the case, but it is possible)
Added Dark_Archon, Dark_Templar, Archon and Carriers as additional random unit options for the AI.

* This surprised me a lot. I ran an Ai vs. Ai replay and one Protoss Rocky Ai, even after constant attacking since the 10 minute mark, expanding, building and fighting managed to max out around 15-16 minutes. This didn't happen before. It makes me wonder if the early resource checks I added made a difference. I only wonder how much the AI is slowed down because of these checks.

I updated my info block in opening post about Archon Wing's "Entropy Prime".

[attachment=1559:Rocky0.8b.rar]
JH24

Postby JH24 » Tue May 26, 2009 9:39 pm

I'm not really familiar with the BWAIWar3 replay pack. What does it do? Does it put different AI's against each other?

But you can choose any replay you like.

Thank you so much for testing! :)
JH24

Postby JH24 » Wed May 27, 2009 7:06 pm

Thanks for testing the AI in the replays! I'm happy to hear the Zerg AI did well.

I would love to play a game with you all on a Saturday! Although I'm not sure how much help I can be. I'm not a good Starcraft player.

You can always PM me or post a message when you have a date in mind. I'm really looking forward to it. ^^
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Wed May 27, 2009 9:06 pm

Sounds impressive. I'll be adding this to Entropy Prime, if you don't see anything wrong with it. Are the scripts on the front pages the latest?

Updated BWAI mod database to contain this.
JH24

Postby JH24 » Thu May 28, 2009 11:53 am

@Archon_Wing,

I forgot to upload the most recent scripts. The scripts in the first post are from 0.8 and contain the Zerg error. I was planning to release 0.9 coming Saturday. Is that alright? If not, I can upload the scripts from 0.8b, but I prefer 0.9 as it contains a few changes which affect the AI's behavior.
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Thu May 28, 2009 6:28 pm

Yes, that's fine. I'm just most interested in having the scripts to be stable and working as best as they can since I really wish for a final edit, unless someone else wants to compile them. I would not want Entropy Prime to have too many versions, as that would just cause confusion. Making a completely new name helps, but I may run out of names. ;)

Return to “StarCraft Modding”