Rocky II Zerg and Protoss AI (Updated 02/02/12)

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:21 pm

You should make one of those crazy AIs like ZAPOC or whatever. /rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' /> I've actually always wanted to but for whatever reason I'm forcing myself to do a non-cheating one first.
JH24

Postby JH24 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:21 pm

I did once make a Zerg script comparable with ZAPOC, but it has been quite some time ago. There are already some great "extreme" scripts available in BWAIlauncher, I don't think mine would make a difference. But I'll see if I can work on it though.

Scripting an AI is always difficult, but a non-cheating AI is even harder because of its limited resources. I'm really impressed that you're determined to do a non-cheating AI first. It is really challenging, but it is also IMO the most satisfying AI to work on.

I really look forward to see your new AI. :)

=====

I've re-uploaded the non-cheating/cheating low tech AI's. I added a little text to the titles of the AI in the script, but it caused BWAILauncher to crash when opening them. My apologies. I really should have checked them again before uploading.
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:30 am

Maybe it wouldn't make that much difference but at least it would be interesting. My AI really sucks but at least creates a slight hint of interest.
JH24

Postby JH24 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:05 pm

The Protoss AI has been updated to version 2.6 and the Zerg to version 2.7: index.php?showtopic=509&st=0

The previous version has been uploaded in a Winrar file further down the opening post.

===

The Protoss have undergone some minor changes to make them work a bit smoother. The biggest change for the Zerg AI is that it now can make use of Mutalisks. It also produces more Zerglings in comparison with the previous version. Several parts in the script have been adjusted so the AI can get tech and upgrades faster.
wscha231

Postby wscha231 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:51 pm

great work JH. I have been waiting for new Rocky for more than a year.
I tested both non cheating rocky zerg and protoss several time against other AIs. I found that protoss and zvp is really strong. However, zvt is really weak. Rocky zerg uses zerglings and hydra against terran which is not effective. Rocky cannot defend M+M rush. I think Rocky should use different style agisnt Terran.
JH24

Postby JH24 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:28 am

Thank you very much for your comments and advice, X_Of_Life. I really appreciate it. :)

Yeah, you're right. Rocky ZvT is very weak. I've been thinking about creating a separate loop specially for Terran. I'm not good at this game, but would going heavy sunken at the natural and then Lurker/Zergling work against Terran?
wscha231

Postby wscha231 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:04 pm

[quote name='JH24' date='04 February 2012 - 01:28 AM' timestamp='1328344136' post='10720']
Thank you very much for your comments and advice, X_Of_Life. I really appreciate it. :)

Yeah, you're right. Rocky ZvT is very weak. I've been thinking about creating a separate loop specially for Terran. I'm not good at this game, but would going heavy sunken at the natural and then Lurker/Zergling work against Terran?
[/quote]

I have been played starcraft and watched progammers games for 10 years. So I believe I know major concepts of stacraft for the victory.

It'is very good idea for Ai to use lurkers aginst terran rather than mutals and hydras since AI does not control mutals. However, you may also know that lurkers are not very effective in later game when terran has heavry armys because AI's lurkers usually do not react to fight before they got attacked. Lurkers are all dead before they borrow to attack. Myk's zerg proved ultra + ling is very powerful against M+M. however, myk zerg is very feeble before it gets ultra and gets 2rd expansion too late. Therefore, I believe use a few lurker to defend in early game to get 2nd expandsion and use zergling + ultra + defiler for late game. also, ai should use a few scourges and hydras for anti-air.

Also,I believe zerg should have more expansion than toss or terran in order to defeat them. It is really important for zerg to have 2nd expansion at right timing.

I found that no zerg ai can defeat Accel T v1.52. I hope Rocky Z can defeat Accel T. l /rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:44 pm

Thats funny because I think Accel T was designed for TvP. :P
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:38 am

Replay:

[attachment=2997:Me vs Rocky CheatZerg2.7.rep]

EDIT: I probably lost because I went too many upgrades and also robotech + temp archives.
JH24

Postby JH24 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:29 pm

[quote name='X_Of_Life' date='04 February 2012 - 04:04 AM' timestamp='1328357099' post='10721']

I have been played starcraft and watched progammers games for 10 years. So I believe I know major concepts of stacraft for the victory.

It'is very good idea for Ai to use lurkers aginst terran rather than mutals and hydras since AI does not control mutals. However, you may also know that lurkers are not very effective in later game when terran has heavry armys because AI's lurkers usually do not react to fight before they got attacked. Lurkers are all dead before they borrow to attack. Myk's zerg proved ultra + ling is very powerful against M+M. however, myk zerg is very feeble before it gets ultra and gets 2rd expansion too late. Therefore, I believe use a few lurker to defend in early game to get 2nd expandsion and use zergling + ultra + defiler for late game. also, ai should use a few scourges and hydras for anti-air.

Also,I believe zerg should have more expansion than toss or terran in order to defeat them. It is really important for zerg to have 2nd expansion at right timing.

I found that no zerg ai can defeat Accel T v1.52. I hope Rocky Z can defeat Accel T. l /rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />
[/quote]

Wow, thank you so much for your detailed explanation! I really appreciate it. It really helps so much. :)

I've made a start with the AI by adding a specific block for Terrans. I got the AI to attack around 8:30 or 10:00 with Lurkers/Zerglings and a few Hydra's. But I'll have a lot of work ahead of me. (Teching towards Ultra's/Defilers) The Science Vessel with Irradiate can really be a big problem. The AI often doesn't place Spore Colonies well, and it doesn't always build enough Scourges to counter either. And if it does, the AI doesn't seem to use them well, often just leaving them somewhere at the other side of the map. But trying to work that out is all part of the fun. ;)

I don't think I'll ever be able to make an AI that can match awesome AI's like for example Unleaded T or Accel T, but it will be fun working on an AI specially geared towards Terran.

Thanks again for your advice. :)

[quote name='Taranok' date='05 February 2012 - 04:38 PM' timestamp='1328488708' post='10723']
Replay:

[attachment=2997:Me vs Rocky CheatZerg2.7.rep]

EDIT: I probably lost because I went too many upgrades and also robotech + temp archives.
[/quote]

Thanks a lot for the replay, Taranok. I really appreciate it. :) Loved the early Nexus, it was well played and I believe if you had (like you said) focused a little more on a certain path (for example Templars or Reavers) you could have turned the game around.

Thanks again. :)

Return to “StarCraft Modding”