General Inconsistencies

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
Hydrolisk
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

General Inconsistencies

Postby Hydrolisk » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:37 am

A thread for generic Py_ code problems, inconsistencies, bumps, bruises, scrapes, and little things that make you want to rip your hair. And you can post about tiny vexing things, too.

[PyICE, PyMS 1.1.1]
PyICE prevents you from using negative integers in some of the opcodes, such as setvertpos.
And:

[PyICE+PyDAT, PyMS 1.1.1]
Both utilities should be changed so as to allow iscript IDs over 411 (Maelstrom). A better idea: enable 0-99 iscript IDs, fix PyDAT so that it will display "Custom ID" or something for IDs>411, and add a text field for PyICE that accepts iscript IDs 0-999: the text field would have an "Edit" button beside it so that you can edit that field that you entered. (For clarification on text field for PyICE: the text field is for iscript IDs themselves, which normally runs 0-411. If you change it to accept 0-999, then iscript IDs above 411 can be changed: allowing added iscripts.)
Thank you for your time.
poiuy_qwert
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby poiuy_qwert » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:42 pm

Really you could have put these problems in the PyICE thread (baja combined your first thread with the PyICE thread, did you not wonder where it went before posting again? Anyway I deleted it from the PyICE thread and let this stay). I also edited your post a bit, frankly it seemed a bit rude and was a bit disorganized. Anyway, onward to the problems!

@negative numbers: Ah yes, I'll fix that. If anyone has a list of commands that take negative parameters that would help.

@custom iscript ID's: Yes support for ID's above the defaults is practically non-existent, I'll be adding it though. Full support may not make it into the next version, but we'll see.
Hydrolisk

Postby Hydrolisk » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:59 pm

Lulz, sorry. I actually tried searching for my post, wondering where it went, but I couldn't find it. I thought it had been a better choice for it to have this topic to have its own topic anyway because it generally encompassed all of the little "Pressing 'Enter' doesn't work!" type of problems.
But now it's starting to go beyond that a little...

Negative numbers:
setvertpos and sethorzpos[?] take negatives. I can't remember the latter's exact opcode name though. I'm also quite certain that all _ol's and _ul's will take negatives, but I'm not sure if they already do.

Custom iscript ID's:
Personally, I would be fine with minimal extended ID support. I mean, even a text field with the buttons "Check if Used" and "Edit" beside it will be fine. It's just that once you start using custom ID's, you have to make a list for yourself of which ones you are actually using and not, which can get confusing...
Thank you for your time.
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:16 pm

lol thats ok. Minimal support should be in the next version if full support isn't.
Hydrolisk

Postby Hydrolisk » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:53 pm

Thank you for your time.
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:18 pm

I wasn't going to.

PyDAT shows the open file (for the current tab) in the statusbar, PyICE shows the open file in the titlebar. If thats not what you mean then what are you talking about?

Hmm open directory does seem to be broken, I will fix. (edit: Fixed)

You dont sound like a slave master, but you do sound like an ass. I highly doubted you meant to come off that way (even before), and I don't mean any offense, just expressing how I feel. You do have to think before you speak though. For example your first problem, i have no idea what you are talking about, i just assume you meant "display the currently open file's path somewhere", but both programs you gave as examples do that (as explained above). And "I don't believe that. At all. Fix!" is just an ass thing to say. You should have said something like "I think the Open Directory feature is broken because I get the error below when I know 100% that there are valid dat files in the specified folder". Now I may be overreacting a bit on the being an ass part because we are talking about my baby, but please take my constructive criticism into thought (it would definitely make me want to fix your problems more ;))

Also, if you would like just say so and I'll edit all this stuff out (and I can "fix" up the above post too if you want).

Thanks for the reports, keep them coming!
Hydrolisk

Postby Hydrolisk » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:43 pm

Uhm, yes. That's what I mean. I think. Sorry.

I've also found that changing Supplies in the Units tab of PyDAT tends to screw up the Race flags. I think it just erases the Race flag, leaving no Race checked. In-game, this causes your bugged unit to show up with no food cost, but it prevents the unit from being built at all.
On the bright side, it's reversible: once you have changed your Supply setting to what you need it to be, just recheck the unit's Race flag if it has been unchecked. A good idea would be to "refresh" the unit by clicking on a second unit and then clicking back on the first.

That's what I meant, sorry: the Open Dir- is bugged.

EDIT:
Urgz, Techdata tab: I don't think values are updating. As in, any of the values including Energy.
Ah well. Let's contribute our errors to make crazy PyMS!
Thank you for your time.
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:35 am

Hydrolisk

Postby Hydrolisk » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:51 pm

Thank you for your time.
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:49 am

You didn't mention which program you were using, luckily it has the program in the errors :P The first error was caused either by a problem loading your iscript.bin or a corrupt iscript.bin. If you ever get the error again please send me the iscript.bin. The other errors are all fixed for the next version.

The PyDAT problem, you mean the dropdown to select shields by size? If so thats fixed, if not what are you talking about.

And whats with all the blank lines and random -'s?

Return to “StarCraft Modding”