Unleaded AI 3.3 Full Non-cheating AI (Updated 2/23/10)

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:21 am

Thanks for playing. :P Be sure to post the rocky P rep in that AI thread. ^^

All unit behavior is unfortunately hardcoded so can't really get the thing to flank or anything.

More use of shuttles is something that can be done. The AI actually uses them ok and will drop zealots and crap on tanks at times. Currently Unleaded Toss builds them if resources are high or if it needs to go to an island.

I won't be working on updating the scripts any time soon. There probably will be one more when I do a final update to Entropy multiplayer. I am aware of a few bugs here and there that will most certainly be fixed though. ;)

I'm also willing to let anyone edit my scripts. Of course, it's pretty nutty in some places but I can usually explain it. :lol:
orvinreyes

Postby orvinreyes » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:18 pm

Ohhh I see then. The final version should be fun :D :D

Reaver drops would be coool. But that might be too complex because of the drop-shot-scarab-load-move sequence, hehe.

Attaching my TvT rep. It got a bit confused when I shot on his cliff from lower ground which allowed me to bust his front. But I'm impressed that it caught on to my two port wraith and adapted with Gols Engbay and Academy. Also very nice ranges on the tanks, intelligent sieges.

Still my fave is your toss AI. FUN!
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:12 am

Hmm, TvT lol. That was probably tested the least and pretty much remains the same as the original version of Unleaded T. It does seem to like goliaths a bit too much; wonder if that can be changed.

Edit: Hmm, the rep corrupted. What version were you using?
orvinreyes

Postby orvinreyes » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:19 am

[quote name='Archon_Wing' post='9460' date='Mar 8 2010, 08:12 AM']Hmm, TvT lol. That was probably tested the least and pretty much remains the same as the original version of Unleaded T. It does seem to like goliaths a bit too much; wonder if that can be changed.

Edit: Hmm, the rep corrupted. What version were you using?[/quote]

I used your latest version. Hmm that's odd, my rep here didn't corrupt, but I had to run SC with your Unleaded loader so it doesn't corrupt while watching it. When I load the reps with regular-launched SC it corrupts after a min or so.
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:26 am

Yea, regular SC wouldn't be able to run these reps. When I try running the rep, it works fine for about 10 minutes but then your side stops doing stuff and loses, which I'm sure didn't actually happen.

The other tvp rep works fine so it might just be weird stuff going on. Occasionally reps involving AI corrupt.
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:40 pm

Anyhow, after reading a recent blog about Racine's Rebels on tl.net, and Baja having the BWAIlauncher/BWAI gold topic uploaded, and also Mesk plugging his AI ;) I decided to look at my own scripts in Racine's Rebels. They really weren't too great, and the Zerg for some reason was worse with give_money! It wouldn't build OLs, seems like Ahzz Z had a similar problem.

But in any case, the base for Unleaded 3.x is a bit stronger than the one for 2.x. So I decided to port it over.

The Premium AIs cheat with unlimited money until the 30 minute mark. So it'll be possible to actually make the AI starve to death. Nevertheless, the intention was just to make a boosted version of the regular Unleaded AI.

The Terran build order was changed slightly because the rush checks there were way too specific. It was also crashing workers into each other like a dumbass; I may have to go fix this more. The Zerg also abuses the free money a little more, but that's mainly because it sucks anyways. ;)

The AIs have their own strengths and weaknesses still. They will obviously be a bit faster and have more units, but unnatural tech timings have largely been avoided.
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:21 am

Uh oh, it turns out Premium Terran breaks if "Show script names" in BWAIlauncher is not checked. That's because the give_money command was right in between the debug msgs, which doesn't matter if you have them on, but if they're not it gets skipped over.

Unfortunately I am unable to upload attachments because the limit suddenly dropped from 11 to 4mb. So a fix is located here: http://www.mediafire.com/?b3cpqgpemekbv1c

Or just have script names checked

You may also manually edit it:

from

Code: Select all

#if DEBUG
   debug(null, Premium Terran 3.3 by Archon_Wing)
   --null--
   multirun(money)
#endif

to

Code: Select all

#if DEBUG
   debug(null, Premium Terran 3.3 by Archon_Wing)
   --null--

#endif
   multirun(money)

The location of the file is:
Your BWAILauncher folder ----> Packages Folder ---> 03) Racine's Rebels Folder----> Terran Folder

Hey it, it only took me 2 years to notice this. :P
Myk

Postby Myk » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:15 am

Hey, what's up?! :D
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:34 am

Not much.

Get on AIM more. ;)

Return to “StarCraft Modding”