Unleaded AI 3.3 Full Non-cheating AI (Updated 2/23/10)

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
Equalizer

Postby Equalizer » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:31 am

I was wondering if when the Protoss rushes DT's if it is suppost to delay its natural expand because it seemed to come down rather late compared to when it does normal dragoon build.
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:03 am

Myk: lol that's terrible; I'll get rid of it.

Equalizer: Yea, expanding too early tend to get the expo torn down. Though it seems to slow down if units are lost. If you could bring up relevant reps, it'd be nice.
wscha231

Postby wscha231 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:40 pm

Hm.... I le played unleaded toss 3.12 vs accel't 1.52 terran in Python.
The result was accel t defeated unleaded 5 times in a row.
i think the reason is unleaded runs only one forge, so it upgrades much behind. especially, when toss units fight against terran bio units,
armour upgrade is also important.
Plus, only zealot and dragoon are not very useful against bio in especially in early game.
so i think toss ai should detect terran's bionic and react. progammers no longer use bionic against toss because if toss makes reaver and more templars, bionic are useless. also, leg up zealots are more usuful than dragoon. However, once toss reacts special build for bionic, bionics cannot dominate toss.

solution
1. faster armour upgrade
2. more templar and zealots instead of dragoon
3. maybe uses reaver for defense or attack
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:59 pm

Yea, the new accel T is very hard to beat. Unfortunately the checks for bionic build suck and do not work half the time, but judging by the AIvsAI reps the newer version I have on my computer and will upload eventually does reasonably fine against the Terran.

Nevertheless, I can have it double forge if a large amount of marines are seen. Whether it works or not is another story. :lol:
Equalizer

Postby Equalizer » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:12 am

Here's a replay of 1 Terran and I as a Terran against 1 Zerg and 1 Protoss running the Unleaded v3.12 scripts.

[attachment=2703:2Tvs1Z1P...aded3.12.rep]

The zerg's first attack against me probably could be stronger since it had a stock pile of resources.
Also it seemed to be doing an anti-mech strategy so either my ally or my bad playing confused it. :?:

My terran ally was facing off with the protoss and looked like it would of lost if the protoss hadn't been distraced by me hitting the zerg.
I'm not quite sure what it could have done better as it was going mech and mech seems to always have trouble even though unleaded's mech is the best I've seen.

The protoss did very well and pretty much just got let down by its ally. Only problem I can see is that its later attacks didn't seem big enough to hurt a terran that has turtled up and just drain the protoss of resources.
Another idea would be to get arbiters into the attacks faster as the computer's uses of stasis probably would be effecitve so long as the opponent has some anti-air.
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:26 am

Very Nice playing; you're probably the best player to submit a replay. ;) Yea, the zerg seems to have seen the early factory and decided to go mutaling. Why it decided to attack you is a mystery. However, I noticed it absolutely refused to build those mutas for quite a while. I think it's because the zerg sucks at building overlords ahead of time.

This makes me think it might just be better to build hydra ling, lol.

Arbiters are probably the best bet here for the toss.

edit: It seems like zerg demands train to build units, not just attack_add
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:50 am

3.3 up.

Unfortunately, there aren't too much groundbreaking stuff in it, it's mostly bug fixes. This will be the end of Unleaded AI. It could be improved in so many ways, but with SC2 and BWAPI looming over the horizon, I've felt I've done my part. :P

I've reached the point where I feel changes don't even improve the AI anymore. It's probably due to inherent flaws in the script structure where stuff just gets piled on to each other and I have no intention of reworking the scripts.

But it's definitely been a very interesting journey. Much thanks to everyone that tested and played these scripts. :)

As usual feel free to use my scripts partially or entirely to make something interesting.
Myk

Postby Myk » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:45 am

[quote name='bajadulce' post='9342' date='Feb 23 2010, 10:22 AM']Yes, it has been an interesting journey and you've done a fantastic job with this. It's too bad Blizzard never implemented something like SCMLoader so that simple modifications like this could be used by the common mapper. The good news is that SC2 will do just that. Blizzard was probably snooping around SFRealm if you ask me! :lol:

Unleaded AI is without doubt the most perfected non-cheating AI in existence. You have far surpassed what was started with Raynor AI back in 2005, and I can proudly crown you the King of AI. You deserved it. Gjob again.[/quote]

The thing I appreciate most about Unleaded AI is that it's got a ton of random jumps to it. It's basically an Entropy AI in itself, which makes it even more powerful when combined with the actual Entropy files.
orvinreyes

Postby orvinreyes » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:03 am

Hey guys, I'm new here since I just recently found about BW AI's. I play T and I have to say the Unleaded P is really something for an AI. Compared to Rocky, Unleaded P is much much more aggressive and attacks heavily. My ground forces got wiped out as I was unseiging to push -- talk about timing. So far these are the only two I've tried.

Unleaded P is wicked -- storms, stasis, upgrades, aggressive expansions.. it's all there. I was kinda looking for toss pincer movement and more shuttle activity though, just my 2 cents.

I've attached some replays for your reference.

I see this is the last version... So thanks for the GREAT work!!! :)

Return to “StarCraft Modding”