Unleaded AI 3.3 Full Non-cheating AI (Updated 2/23/10)

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
wscha231

Postby wscha231 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:44 am

i tested 3.07. now it is not a joke lol.
Unleaded terran defeated rocky p & z 2.05, accel z, and myk's z, p 3.8.
also, unleaded toss defeated rocky's zerg, accel T 1.1, myk's z 3.8 but was defeated by accel zerg and unleaded terran (bio).
I think if toss uses cosair agaist zerg, ai can more effectively fight if zerg uses a lot of mutals. plus reaver. now korean progammers always use reavers agaist zerg. because reaver is powerful supporter of army. you may try ai uses reaver against zerg and see how it works. :D

Unleaded 3.7 zvsp looks really strong against toss it defeated Myk's toss, unleaded P, and rocky P.
but zvst is somewhat not strong compare to other. it is defeated by unleaded T and accel T 1.1
zvst zerg should get second and third multi faster. ai expands almost same time as terran. ai should get more resource and use ultra to defeat terran. I see unleaded use ultra in late game but it is kinda too late. :D

wow nice works. i think now unleaded is the most well balaced ai.

Thanks
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:21 pm

Thanks for the suggestions!

I've pretty much stopped work on the zerg, as I couldn't get it to work. It seems like any change makes the zerg go crazy. The way zerg AI works annoys me to no end. For the most part I think that Myk has pretty much created the perfect ZvT ai, so I feel no need to work in that area.

About the Protoss:

The AI is set to use sairs and reavers if resources are very high. I've seen it go heavy sair/web, though this is rare. I've never seen it go reavers. I've tested it a bit just now, and unfortunately it is very disappointing as the AI will insist on walking the reavers to attack instead of using shuttles. It was highly lethal against heavy hydra/ling scripts like Counterzerg though. So the AI's best use of reavers is mostly defensive, but it's still worthwhile defending expansions against hive tech zerg, especially against dark swarm. But strangely enough the AI uses shuttles to carry reavers to defend an expansion....

In any case I'll do the following for the toss

-Lower the resources requirement for getting sairs and reavers
- Add a random chance to get reavers mid game. This will only be for a fast expand build, since a 2 gate build does not have the gas for that kind of stuff. One advantage of this is earlier shuttles let the AI do more drops. The AI, for all of its crappy micro, is able to storm drop and sometimes drop dts. :P
Myk

Postby Myk » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:36 pm

Do you think it would be a good idea to add the enemyowns_jump(command_center, zvt) back before the race_jump?

I know we kept rolling the zvz one in the AI Bash last night.
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:49 pm

I don't think it'll help. I've tried something like that with the terran but it doesn't change its behavior. In team games, once the AI has chosen a target, it'll focus entirely on it. The ZvZ is better overall for team games anyways. ;)
wscha231

Postby wscha231 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:31 am

what's the new things about 3.1?
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:05 am

Edit: 3.11 up, stupid defensebuild; should have known better to not have it in.

3.1 up. Many changes have been made, so I am temporarily keeping the 3.07 BWAIL scripts up in case we find some horrible crash or the like

Don't be too surprised if there's a 3.11 soon. :P

Zerg:
12 pool vs Early terran rushes
9 pool/overpool vs Early zerg rushes

I noted in one mod bash game that the zerg had picked a zvz game, but still had the audacity to 12 hatch when Baja was rushing it. 9 pool is good enough for any kind of 4-6 pool; overpool will handle later ones.

Protoss:
In BWAIwar, I noticed that Ashara and Baja P expand if the Zerg builds defense. I thought that was a good idea, and took it. :lol:

The +1 Zealot rush has some of the "accelerated" script style found in AccelZerg and AccelTerran. It does look a bit better, managing to squeeze a zealot here and there, though it sometimes takes a while to expand. But at least it doesn't have to rely on that crappy send_suicide

Warning: Is highly experimental

It no longer does an early corsair. The corsair was frequently useless if it wasn't sent near an overlord.

Fast expand fixed again. That thing sure is borked.

Terran:
1 rax expo uses some accelerated structure; it seemed like impossible to defend against any kind of rush otherwise. (experimental: The standard tvz is still 2 rax expo) For some reason it has trouble building medics.

-Improved BBS (proxy 7 rax lol wut?)
It's nasty enough that I had to make an antirush block for the Zerg.

-Goes BCs vs super fast (9 minute or earlier) hive
Myk's BWAIwar zerg is like the super souped up version of Panda's ZvT script. While Panda's script was weak to rushes, it seemed ridiculously hard to break into Warzerg (save for BBS) without doing some 4 rax allin build. :lol: In any case, Unleaded T never really had an answer for this kind of 2 base ultra thing. But I was lazy and decided to look at which scripts didn't get slaughtered. Since Accel T put up the best fight, I decided that sitting back and building back battlecruisers would be good. That's how I beat the zergs when I'm playing against them anyways. :lol:

This could be easily defeated by scourge or plague but coming up with this took 10 minutes. ;) For some reason, you can only see this in action on Colosseum. The AI insists on picking the lower probability random jumps in AIvsAI reps for unknown reasons.

-New Rush defense block

Previous versions of unlT used a simple multirun that detected a pool and that would trigger it to build a rax/bunker. Works fine against most rushes except early ones because those require delaying workers and buildings.

However, Equalizer wrote a obnoxious Zerg script that 4 pooled that spammed continuous lings. Not even Raynor AI can defend against that; it will usually fall to the 2nd wave. Eventually I wrote something that involved 2 bunkers, but that was pretty silly as it involved marines jumping from one destroyed bunk to the next.

Later on, AccelT would easily brush off this zerg, though it was a bit weak to 9 pooling. It was however really good against everything else So I came up with this, this works pretty well though fighting 9 pool is a bit sketchy. I'm also a bit mixed about the enemyresources_jump; mostly have some leeway against false alarms.
CODE
build(7, scv, 80)
wait_buildstart(7, scv)
#Defend vs 4 pool, 5 pool
enemyowns_jump(spawning_pool, zomg ling rush)
enemyresources_jump(100, 0, zomg ling rush)

build(9, scv, 80)
wait_build(8, scv)
#Defend vs 6-7 pool
enemyowns_jump(spawning_pool, zomg 9 rax)
enemyresources_jump(170, 0, zomg 9 rax)
goto(tvz 2)

--zomg ling rush--

build(1, barracks, 80)
wait_buildstart(1, barracks)
multirun(wtf)
build(2, barracks, 80)
wait_buildstart(2, barracks)
defenseuse_gg(1, marine)
build(1, bunker, 100)
train(1, marine)
train(3, marine)
farms_timing()

train(6, marine)
multirun(scv)
train(8, marine)
define_max(255, goliath)
multirun(lair_detect)
goto(tvz_cheese)

# If there is no spawning pool...
--wtf--
wait(1000)
rush(0, terminate)
wait_build(1, barracks)
train(7, marine)
wait_train(7, marine)
send_suicide(0)
stop()

--zomg 9 rax--
define_max(9, scv)
build(1, barracks, 100)
farms_timing()
build(2, barracks, 80)
multirun(bunker)
defenseuse_gg(1, marine)
wait_build(1, barracks)
train(3, marine)
define_max(60, scv)
multirun(scv)
train(5, marine)
multirun(lair_detect)
define_max(255, goliath)
random_jump(128, 2 rax)
goto(tvz_cheese)
--tvz 2--
multirun(pool_detect)
build(1, supply_depot, 80)
multirun(scv)
wait_buildstart(10, scv)
wait(165)
build(1, barracks, 80)
multirun(lair_detect)
.... rest of script
--pool_detect--
rush(0, bunker)
wait(50)

goto(pool_detect)

--bunker--
time_jump(3, delayed bunk)
build(1, barracks, 85)
build(2, barracks, 85)
wait_build(1, barracks)
defenseuse_gg(1, marine)
train(1, marine)
build(1, bunker, 80)
train(4, marine)
stop()

--delayed bunk--
wait(3000)
player_need(1, barracks)
build(1, bunker, 80)
wait_build(1, bunker)
stop()

Notes:
The "wtf" block is in case of a false alarm and there really is no spawning pool and the user just happened to have stocked up resources. In this case, the AI uses the very early marines to attack the enemy.

7 rax is used against 4-5 pool, 9 rax is used against 6-7 pool.

After that it uses the regular multirun that detects a spawning pool. If it detects a pool before 3 game minutes (2 minutes of actual time), then it gets 2 rax and then a bunker. If it's later, then it just gets a bunker at its own leisure.

This has been tested against pretty much every ling rush up to 12 pool; though as usual Unleaded T is weak to early ling allins, though 3.1 is a bit better against them. But this is as close as I've come to making a "standard" T opening.

I also fixed the islands. They have been broken for a long time, though nobody seemed to care. :D

>3.12
Unfortunately, I had to delay the attack for the terran again, the attack was so messy; it could be taken apart by Hydras. Hopefully, the other random mass m+m no tech rush will happen enough to make up for this.

Also, wtf??

Equalizer

Postby Equalizer » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:07 am

You might want to check the startup macro of your Terran in TvP.

Running your v3.12 Terran and Protoss on PvT a) PythonAI.rep the Terran minerals hit 1.2k at about 7:30 game time and it finally expands at 8:00 game time.

It has the resources to expand at about 6:00 or it could have put more into unit production since its attacks don't seem that effective.
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:05 am

Oh, haven't touched that part for a long time.

It seems to build a 3rd barracks too slow; also I'm finding it very hard to get the thing to make medics and tanks. I'll see what I can get done.
Myk

Postby Myk » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:01 pm

You left a debug in the TvZ section. Searching for "hive check" will find it.

Return to “StarCraft Modding”