BWAI Launcher (updated)

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
bajadulce

Re: BWAI Launcher

Postby bajadulce » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:18 am

The download link for BWAILauncher should be working now.

Also created a separate FTP for a few select users that will allow access to the "downloads" directory on the site, where they can update important files like this one.
bajadulce

Re: BWAI Launcher (updated)

Postby bajadulce » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:54 am

I just reinstalled Scraft today for laughs to make sure this latest update wasn't borked. SC hasn't been on computer in prob a good year! :)

Must say that the "Entropy" menu thing is a bit over the top and don't think should be included in this as it sorta cheapens it. Ya, it's fun and I made it a long time ago when I was having fun w/ photoshop etc. SC2 hadn't been released, and the pictures were fresh etc. This program prob read better without all those "modded" screens. Tho the extended menu is nice! :)

I just think the file should be more neutral and focus on the scripts etc. The cheezy artwork (ya I'm no artist) is distracting. The single flash screen (before the main menu loads up) would prob be OK to have some signature BWAILauncher .pcx and then fades away to the main menu. But even that might be considered cheesy.

The firegraft 1.10 scv completes unfinished building exe, is a nice feature, BUT it requires users to have to manually locate Starcraft.exe if they have an electronic installation (e-installs don't have the necessary registry key for Firegraft to know where starcraft.exe is) which is kinda a turn off to those casually trying it out for 1st time.

So I might suggest that both the "Racine Rebel" and "Entropy" .exes be dropped in favor of just plain ole' starcraft.exe for sake of simplicity. At the least, those cheezy "modified graphics" need to be dropped for a more professional app.
Taranok

Postby Taranok » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:35 am

Hm, maybe we can keep entropy.exe for AIvsAI? The other categories probably don't need the entropy.exe/rrebels.exe as much.

I was thinking maybe we can create like a txt or some kind of file to list all the AIs and give a description? This seems to be the main complaint about this program, is that there are a lot AIs to choose from and very little way to tell what the difference is. Even myself I don't even know what the difference is between all these scripts, except for most of the AIvsAI scripts.

We could just put it in the BWAILauncher folder.
Myk

Postby Myk » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:26 pm

I think the art is pretty cool. Also, it provides visual confirmation that one actually is playing the mod and not just launching vanilla SC. If the art gets removed, I'd some some sort of indicator to remain, even if it's just a tiny line of text on the main menu or the graphic flash at the game startup. Def keep the big menus, though.

Is there any other option for the edited exes than just replacing them with the vanilla one? Seems like we would include a registry entry file or something instead of throwing out a ton of improvements we've been benefiting from.

Edit: It would be great to have whatever FG version uploaded which was used to make the edits in the entropy AI. Not in the BWAI Launcher file, but somewhere close by?

Return to “StarCraft Modding”