Entropy II - Worship the fog!

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
Prometheus
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Prometheus » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:20 pm

I played this AI on Blue Storm because I had to test the timing of the proxy robo bay.

I understand that a lot of hardcoded by Blizzard and you can only change scripts of an upper layer. This is what I think.

-Strange building placement
-No turrets when I had my shuttle reaver
-I was surprised to see 2 firebats. Maybe it thought it was playing TvZ? Very strange.
-It indeed went medic marine but it didn't try to attack with this all in build.
-I expoed but it just never did.
-It placed mines IN it's own worker line. How suicidal. It also didn't place mines in the middle of the map or at my choke. Only among it's own units. Mines killed more of his than of my stuff. And I didn't even micro. If this is hard coded don't let the script build a single vulture.
-It seems it got bugged and it stopped doing anything until it had 2000 minerals. Then it started producing again but it didn't even add a production building.
-It made a bunker in the back behind it's own minerals. Why? I did expo after reavers. Can't it find the choke? Doesn't it really support Blue Storm? I know original AI doesn't work at all on BS.
-It didn't organize it's units and just had them sit randomly all over it's own base.
-It was creating a second fact but the SCV got killed and it just let the fact stay unfinished. It didn't even cancel it.
-So it had m&m and then it made vultures from it's factory. Again, never expanding, never adding more facts or rax and never bulding turrets even though I did reaver harass earlier.

I don't understand why Blizzard AI is so extremely weak. Why doesn't it spend all it's minerals? Why can't it do basic straightforward macro? I think trying to make new scripts for this hardcoded AI is pretty useless.

I suggest that everyone who is able helps out with that new AI. Then you can actually make scrips and have them executed properly. Then you actually need to know SC strategy to know why the script fails against good players. I mean, right now this AI wins against very weak players but not because it's strategy. And it loses vs decent players. But not because of it's strategy.

Then making scripts actually gets interesting. Especially if the AI doesn't have maphack.
IskatuMesk
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby IskatuMesk » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:23 pm

Virtually everything you mentioned is completely hardcoded, just like it is in warcraft 3 as well, and there is nothing that can be done about it. You're obviously playing a higher level game than the AI could hope to do. Others are a weakness of the actual build order scripts; I don't imagine any of them were built to detect robotics facilities or the like. But, ultimately, the AI in blizzard's games is pathetic at best thanks to their love for hardcode.

The AI is incapable of even knowing it's being harassed or stuff like that.
IskatuMesk

Postby IskatuMesk » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:30 pm

I know, baja. I'm just saying. The AI isn't going to be able to detect a robo facility when they weren't built to be used like that. Especially something crazy... like a proxy robo. What?

And I have major doubts any of the higher-end projects will be able to provide all of the things that he's looking for. SC's engine simply wasn't built with a lot of these things in mind and forcing it to do so would probably require far more work than they are capable of doing short of having the source code. Honestly, if you want to practice your tactics for usage in a tournament or the like, you're better off finding a buddy.
YahooSeeker [Bot]

Postby YahooSeeker [Bot] » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:59 am

Nice mod!
Speaking of which, baja, if you ever do make an insane entropy, you have my permission to use any of the scripts I have created.

Return to “StarCraft Modding”