Entropy II - Worship the fog!

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
Zulgaines
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zulgaines » Fri May 16, 2008 5:02 pm

From my tests, a bit of rule of thumb for getting a fair challenge out of the AI:

Rule 1: If you're playing on a money map, even BGH, you're hurting the difficulty of the AI a very large degree.

Rule 2: If you're playing on a map where your base has one easily defended exit, you're hurting the AI a large degree.

Rule 3: If you're playing on a map with a lot of air-needed high ground you can hide in once you've lost you're hurting the AI.

Most maps in your folder don't fall into these 3 categorys so try some you haven't played, and they're also the kind of maps Blizzards hardcoded unit behavior seems to be based around(Priority 3 is more of a inability for the AI to effectively finnish off an enemy with air only or drops... this might have something to do with the island behavior Baja is talking about above). Anyway, you will notice the AI plays MUCH better if you follow the above 3 rules.

Also, if anyone is intrested, a long reply of me, Baj, and Abon fighting the AI and being saved by high ground.
Abaddon
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Abaddon » Fri May 16, 2008 9:53 pm

[quote name='Zulgaines' post='4038' date='May 16 2008, 09:02 AM']Also, if anyone is intrested, a long reply of me, Baj, and Abon fighting the AI and being saved by high ground.[/quote]

If there was Asharas Carrier build in the game we played, I think things could have turned out differently. You know, the zerg to the left of me was going for Mutalisks, but I stopped him always just a moment before they could finish. I'm sure, he would have been our certain death on any high ground position. We were just a little lucky and persistent imho. ;)
YinYang

Postby YinYang » Sat May 17, 2008 2:09 pm

That game was epic. Killing Field is a huge map and thank goodness for scouts!

Entropy is rocking. I've loss a few games where the opponents dual rush or cheese. Such as dual zergling rush, dual dark templars, zealots and lings etc. That's when they are at their best early pressure cause the longer the game goes on you can out macro them and they suicide their men into you.
Spirus

Postby Spirus » Mon May 19, 2008 4:20 pm

PYAI's grand opening party! Finally it's used in a mod where SCAIEdit couldn't! :roll:

I'm checking out some of the replays and then I'll give it a go! Sounds really fun from what I read.
ShadowyMOON

Postby ShadowyMOON » Mon May 26, 2008 12:23 pm

Here's a replay of me practicing v 2 Zerg AIs. Was my first game for the day and I'm very sloppy,but I think the masses were funny.

ShadowyMOON

Postby ShadowyMOON » Tue May 27, 2008 12:52 am

I'll probably upload 1-2 of these practice games per day,Entropy is a nice way to warm up for ICCup. Though I'll be playing TvPP/ZZ/TT,to simulate 1v1 atleast in that way. On a side note I'm dissapointed with my score. Wonder how's it calculated...
ShadowyMOON

Postby ShadowyMOON » Tue May 27, 2008 9:29 am

Well I try to play like I would play vs real people as that's the reason I'm using entropy,to warm up before games vs people on ICCup.
More reps,just for lulz mainly.

Return to “StarCraft Modding”