Entropy II - Worship the fog!

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
YahooSeeker [Bot]

Entropy II - Worship the fog!

Postby YahooSeeker [Bot] » Wed May 07, 2008 10:21 pm

[img]http://www.broodwarai.com/pages/images/news_gifs/Entropy2.jpg[/img]

Entropy Ai is a unique mod that utilizes PYAI's external jump calls to allow the computer to mix-match and randomly pick from a small database featuring the best non-cheating BWAI scripts. This means the Ai receives NO money whatsoever. While we like to think this Ai is significantly stronger than the default Blizzard scripts, don't expect some gosu computer to rock your world especially if you play this 1v1. It just isn't going to happen. Some scripts are designed to be extremely aggressive while others may quick expand or even tech up before doing anything. As such, the Ai will work best as a team drawing support from each other.

Have fun and thnx to all that had enough courage to build a script without the use of the give_money command.

[b]Download:[/b]
[url=http://www.broodwarai.com/download.php?file=BWAILauncher]BWAIlauncher[/url]
BWAI Launcher has superceded all previous files, and is the final incarnation of the BWAI project. It contains all scripts made on this site in a single package. Please read this [url=http://www.broodwarai.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=452]thread for details[/url]
[cutoff]... Read More[/cutoff]

[b]Latest BWAI Gold Version: v1.0 May 13, 2008[/b]
[attachment=849:Entropy2_v1.0.zip]

[b]Suggested Maps:[/b]
The Ai will work best on standard pro-like *ground maps. Preferably no obstructions such as neutral buildings, mineral walls, ledges inaccessible to ground, or anything else that messes with pathing.
[attachment=1156:BWMN_MOTM.zip]BroodWarMaps.net Map of the Month pack
[attachment=937:ICCup_maps.zip]ICCup Map pack
[attachment=938:WCG2008_Maps.zip]WCG2008 Map pack
[url=http://www.broodwarai.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=252]More suggestions here; maybe helpful if you wish to make your own map[/url]
* Sorry, the Ai only includes limited Island support at this time.

[url=http://broodwarai.com/tools/ai%20vs%20ai%201.3.zip][b]AI vs AI Replay Pack![/b][/url]
A package of 79 blank replays that can be used to watch these bots fight each other! Plus some extra team/ffa ones for entertainment.
More details posted [url=http://www.broodwarai.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=561&st=0&start=0]here[/url]

[b]General additional No-Brainer info:[/b]
1. Realize the limitations of the computer and the purpose of this.. FUN.
2. Avoid anti-computer exploits such as peon harass etc.
3. Play the suggested maps for the best game.
4. Don't complain how easy some of the games might be. We don't care.
5. Don't be an idiot.

[b]Scripts Included:[/b]
Ashara H-AI by Ashara- P,
CounterZerg by Avance70- Z
Easychat TvP* by Easychat- T
Myk AI by Myk- T,P,Z
Panda AI , by PandaBB- P,Z
Peppe's Protoss *, by Peppe- P
Racine AI , by Racine- T,P,Z
Raynor AI , by bajadulce- T,P,Z
Rocky AI by Jh24- T,P,Z
Unleaded AIs , by Archon_Wing- T,P,Z
Zelduck AI by Zelduck- T,P,Z

[b]Problems?[/b][spoiler]
Entropy II will work on Bnet as well as any Scraft BroodWar version 1.07 and higher.

All multiplayer games MUST be running the mod if there are computer players involved.

Entropy II is Vista compliant. If it is not working for you check Microsoft's site and disabling DEP (Data execution Prevention) for individual programs. [url=http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/help/1d9bb9b4-f6ba-466d-ac2b-7b8c4f8361611033.mspx]here[/url]

Entorpy II is a Self Executing MPQ generated from MPQDraft. It requires a Starcraft registry as well as a legitimate installation.
[url=http://www.broodwarai.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=233]See this thread for Registry fixes[/url] i.e. "Unable to find target" errors:

###################################

------> [size=3][color=#0000FF][b]OLDER MPQDRAFT VERSION:[/b][/color][/size]
[url=http://www.broodwarai.com/forums/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=1201]BWAIGold_Final_OLD_MPQDraft.zip[/url]
Some are able to get to work by placing this version in their Starcraft Directory.

#######################

Still can't get it to work?
[attachment=1035:Entropy2...ernative.zip]Entropy2v1.0.Alternative.exe

This is a modified patch_rt.mpq with Entropy II files archived within it. The file is available as a last resort for those that cannot get EntropyII.exe to work.

Directions:
1. Find your Starcraft folder. usually c:/program files/starcraft
2. backup YOUR copy of patch_rt.mpq found in this folder.
3. place this modified version in its place.
4. run starcraft... you're good to go.

IMPORTANT:
You must backup your copy of patch_rt.mpq before replacing it with this modified one as there is no other way to uninstall this.
[/spoiler]
Zulgaines

Postby Zulgaines » Fri May 09, 2008 5:07 pm

When you described how it works I was thinking that they all use the same basic AI except different build tactics within that AI, but now that I read into what's on the site and what you said I think I understand you better, Entropy II will use PYAI, as you say, which will basically allow you to have random computers using random AI scripts with random tactics built within each script for themselves? That would mean a game full of computers would have a similar effect as a random B.net game in that each player has a different style and skill level depending on whos AI each one is running?

If that's true I find that incredibly cool, and can't wait for this!

I'v had Starcraft for like 10 years but I'v just recently taken an interest in AI modabilty of the game since B.Nets community has turned into mostly FATET mappers and Elitest. :(
Abaddon

Postby Abaddon » Tue May 13, 2008 3:31 am

[quote name='Zulgaines' post='3937' date='May 9 2008, 09:07 AM']Will you be doing anything that changes unit behavior? I saw that this might be possible now.[/quote]Nope. Changing unit behavior is done in another project. (I don't understand very much what they are talking about, but they seem to advance. :) Nothing to playtest yet though.)

...will basically allow you to have random computers using random AI scripts with random tactics built within each script for themselves? That would mean a game full of computers would have a similar effect as a random B.net game in that each player has a different style and skill level depending on whos AI each one is running?
You guessed perfectly right. Right now, they can just change stuff like build orders and attack timing. Entropy2 is basically a collection of the best scripts written so far by many different ai-makers around this site.

I just had the chance to playtest an early alpha. And believe me, it's already kick-ass! They wiped the floor with me. :D
Still a few bugs to fix, but the first public version is just around the corner, so stay tuned. ;)
Abaddon

Postby Abaddon » Wed May 14, 2008 12:51 am

[quote name='~KTW~' post='3991' date='May 13 2008, 03:22 PM']give Entropy Ai! :o[/quote]
Dude, that's for baja to decide. He puts the work in it. ;)
Zulgaines

Postby Zulgaines » Wed May 14, 2008 1:03 am

Well at least we can encourage him.
Zulgaines

Postby Zulgaines » Wed May 14, 2008 8:41 am

Awesome, I love the new start up screen, and it's so easy to use, I won't have any trouble getting others to use it for B.Net games.

Gonna go try it out.
Abaddon

Postby Abaddon » Wed May 14, 2008 8:55 am

[quote name='Zulgaines' post='3997' date='May 14 2008, 12:41 AM']I won't have any trouble getting others to use it for B.Net games.[/quote]
Let's do some b-net games sometime with this one.
I could use some help! :D
Zulgaines

Postby Zulgaines » Wed May 14, 2008 9:10 am

My B.Net name is Zulgaines too, shouldn't be hard to find me if I'm on.

Even better, anyone using the mod should hang out in channel "Entropy"
ShadowyMOON

Postby ShadowyMOON » Wed May 14, 2008 9:23 am

Wow that was fun! Played a TvP game vs it,was hoping it would beat me though. Anyhow it's VERY good for warming up and it did keep me on my toes for a while. There were a few mistakes that the AI did though. It teched too fast and consequently it didn't have enough dragoons. Also it doesnt pull back dragoons when it's faced by a mine surround. Otherwise,EXCELLENT WORK GUYS! This AI is just awesome,I loved how it target fire killed my first tank. Keep up the good work! ;)
IskatuMesk

Postby IskatuMesk » Wed May 14, 2008 3:25 pm

Also it doesnt pull back dragoons when it's faced by a mine surround.

Hardcoded and won't ever change. You cannot modify how the AI handles micro in any shape or form.

Return to “StarCraft Modding”