ORAI Bug Report

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
MamiyaOtaru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby MamiyaOtaru » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:12 am

Thanks for replying. I really am a casual player without the micro/macro skills of a real progamer or anyone even close to one ;) I'm only touching Starcraft now because of ORAI. I'm a lot better at poking around in the internals of stuff though. I've never modded Starcraft before, but I thought I'd give it a go instead of asking for everything to be delivered for me.

Using firegraft and datedit I was able to figure out which player units were mirrored by which AI units. I then "nerfed" the AI units so they could only be produced in the same structures where I could produce my corresponding units. That helps quite a bit :) Of course, it's all redundant if you've figured out a way to deliver MUAI and non-MUAI in the same executable and actually plan on doing so, but I didn't know you were working on it before I dove in :) Of course, as you probably know, the AI kinda sucks without MUAI. It doesn't bother creating more garrisons or vehicle bays or whatever. Tweaking that might be necessary if one wanted a non cheating non MUAI that could actually pump some units.

On the money front, I managed to figure out PyAI (somewhat) and was able to remove give_money and of course use wimMPQ to get the edited aiscripts back into the exe. Works fine for the most part I think, though occasionally I see an AI with no mineral resources left to mine getting more somehow. It's like there's some base level the AI can't go below. If it does, it's given more to keep it at that level. Not sure what that's all about. Maybe base Starcraft does that too, I've never noticed.

Anyway, seems the best gameplay right now for me is no money cheat, but with MUAI. I still don't like seeing units pop out of every structure, so I wish the AI was better at making more of the structures that create units. Maybe I'll attack that next, though I'm rapidly getting in over my head.

I understand if you don't want to take ORAI down the path of lameness, but I'm enjoying doing so with my personal copy, at least until I get a little better :) At any rate I'm having fun messing with the internals.

Thanks for all your work on this. I may give the scripts for the original a shot, though I've less need now. Wasn't there some problem with them and units not being able to cast spells?

Re replays: I did make a replay or two of me playing (and losing at) the unaltered ORAI that I could send. Not sure how useful they'd be though, as I'm not especially good and tend to turtle (guaranteed fail against opponents with unlimited resources) and I tend to play with a few computer allies against a bunch of computer opponents. Not sure it would be that helpful for balancing one on one Vs comp, but I'll attach it.

General observations about Imp Vs Rebel balance: Imperials seem to have an early edge with At-Sts. When I play as rebel I get rolled really quick. After a while though once the rebels bring out their air force, they get the advantage. When I play as Imps I can last until then. Nothing inherently wrong with that, it's like Terrans needing to push Protoss while/before 'toss get carriers, or zerg doing muta harassment until they can get lurkers. But I haven't played enough and am certainly not good enough to know if it is in fact "balanced". I'm pretty curious though. And of course removing MUAI or give_money probably changes the equation. Without MUAI the rebs never go for air force it seems.
MamiyaOtaru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby MamiyaOtaru » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:56 pm

ashara

Postby ashara » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:56 am

In level insane, game crashed after something like half an hour.
It was 1V1 rebel Vs imperial. I was attacking some buildings in his main base when the game crashed.

I used X-Wings and Y-Wings but it was not very effective, Wedge Antilles I need you :P
is2htank

Postby is2htank » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:54 am

Yes, game crashed after something in ORAI V2.01 /mellow.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':mellow:' />

It was 1V1 rebel Vs imperial too...
AfterLifeLochie

Postby AfterLifeLochie » Mon May 05, 2008 6:40 am

The computer seems to be lifting off buildings unnecessarily. Could be a abnormal condition=true fault. Also seems to move buildings 'out-of-bounds', crashing the game. May be caused by an invalid parameter or lack of map-size recognition.

Glad to help :)

Return to “StarCraft Modding”