Ashara AIs

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
ashara

Postby ashara » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:24 pm

Thanks for the input, will give a try with dragoons, didn't use them much so far.
I will try to use as few cannons as possible because it can't be used offensively by AI's.

I think dragoons are good against terran

Without a good micro it's not so powerful against marines and tanks will probably destroy them, maybe a mix with some zealots or dark templars.

By the way, I'm testing transport right now, here is a blank replay in free for all for the 3 races, on an Island map.
[attachment=640:TransportTest.rep]
I have been able to do some mass droping using 5 shuttle simultaneously, they were quite well coordinated.
It's also possible to choose what units you want to attack with, and shuttles will carry them. So maybe a shuttle-reaver attack is possible (without micro though).

I have tried on ground maps but the AI didn't use the shuttles, anyone knows if it's possible to make it using them ?
I tried adding them to attacking party but they just went to the attack point and came back to my base.

I think I have found what caused me problems in cheating scripts, when the AI gets a critical mass of units (for example 12 zealots) and the opponent doesn't have some units (or buildings, I don't know), all its units wil automatically attack the weak opponent. This may be some hardcoded thing, did you experience the same problems ?
IskatuMesk

Postby IskatuMesk » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:59 am

I think I have found what caused me problems in cheating scripts, when the AI gets a critical mass of units (for example 12 zealots) and the opponent doesn't have some units (or buildings, I don't know), all its units wil automatically attack the weak opponent. This may be some hardcoded thing, did you experience the same problems ?

yes and there is also a allied CPU engagement protocol in there.
Bhodi

Postby Bhodi » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:27 pm

[quote name='ashara' post='3306' date='Mar 25 2008, 02:24 PM']
I think dragoons are good against terran

Without a good micro it's not so powerful against marines and tanks will probably destroy them, maybe a mix with some zealots or dark templars.
[/quote]
I agree. A mix is best. The Ai is pretty dumb with ranged units (well maybe not tanks so much) such as goons and hydras vs. tanks. At least with lings, zealots, dt's, and ultras they don't have to "think"!
IskatuMesk

Postby IskatuMesk » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:09 pm

I like using goons against zerg because most zerg often end up getting split up, and dragoons are decent enough in 1v1 combat that they can be useful vs zerg, and their range and firepower is great in offensive maneuevers. However, I tend to favor air and zealots over dragoon spam for zerg (Dragoons just compliment them well), and air/melee against terran for sure.

Hydras are great to spam because they can produce swarms of them just like that, and their numbers alone will conquer opposing AI and often players. Coupled with ultras they are seriously nasty if the AI doesn't softlock and keeps them coming.
ashara

Postby ashara » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:40 pm

New version of Ashara AI for humans, the Protoss should give a fair idea of what this AI will be : random opening and random end game strategy.
Zerg was modified to provide a longer game. A good way to play this version could be PlayerVsZerg_Protoss, making attacks on Zerg first.

This AI is the first I did using PyAI, thanks again poiuy_qwert :)

I didn't put defense commands, I don't know if it's a good idea or no.
IskatuMesk

Postby IskatuMesk » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:50 pm

Defense commands are pretty much critical. If the AI gets attacked and he has none he's in serious trouble and often will either softlock or hardlock until the threat goes away - typically after he's dead. This also leaves the AI especially vulnerable to things like air rushes and dt rushes and stuff like that.
ashara

Postby ashara » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:37 am

The thing I want to avoid is that when a computer is attacked, its ally build troops to defend and send them stupidly. It's probably better to let the other computer die and make a grouped attack, especially in early game.

I will probably change that for late game though.
Abaddon

Postby Abaddon » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:43 pm

Ok, man. Pretty cool. He's a silent killer.
Either you manage to detect him soon enough or he cuts your throat. I like that sneaky style about him.
Against PZ like you recommended, it's pretty sick. That replay is nice to watch imo.
I only managed to beat him with continues stressing. That zealotrush together with a zerglingrush is very, very nice.
No-ais can be beaten quite easily by a player that know the races weaknesses, but against two ais it's a tough game. I like the idea, that you made them work together. Against 3 it's already too sick for me. They wipe the floor with me after the first set of waves.
The speed/adrenaline upgrade packages change zerglings into tough bastards. Before they have it, they just seem good enough to make some stress, but nothing seriously. Do you know how long the comp needs to fast-tech to adrenaline?
ashara

Postby ashara » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:49 am

The speed/adrenaline upgrade packages change zerglings into tough bastards. Before they have it, they just seem good enough to make some stress, but nothing seriously. Do you know how long the comp needs to fast-tech to adrenaline?

I don't know for fast-tech, my current AI research that at around 21'00 if all went well, but it's not a pure zergling build.

Return to “StarCraft Modding”