Ashara AIs

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
Bhodi

Postby Bhodi » Sun May 18, 2008 9:45 pm

I would say that Ashara's opening build orders look perfect to me as does most of the other scripts in Entropy II. Zelduck's Protoss might be the exception as it seems to have a poor opening build and too many unused minerals. It is especially evident in that ShadowyMoon replay.

I know there isn't much that can be done with just scripts, but I'd like to see another insane Ai. At the least another random one like Entropy II and I think Ashara could make a good one.
razorgator

Postby razorgator » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:24 pm

Why is it that 1.2 isn't in the mod download section of this site? It's an earlier version that's up.
ashara

Postby ashara » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:04 pm

If I remember correctly the version in download section is the same as the one used in Entropy II, so people can try the exact same one.

Version 1.2 hasn't been much tested anyway so I don't know which one is better.

I haven't worked much on AI's lately and summer is probably not the time where people do much indoor modding anyway.
Far better to do some sport like golfing, going to the beach, going to the BWWI, playing tennis (on the Wii), visiting family, watching Roland Garros, wimbledon, the Euro 2008 and soon the "Tour de France" and olympic games ;)

Edit: I didn't do everything in the above list :)
Spriggan

Postby Spriggan » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:04 pm

Hi! First of all I want to thank for this wonderful patch that improve considerably the computer's AI.
However only version 1.1 works, when I try 1.2, it says 'unable to locate target to patch'.
Did I miss something? I thought that I just have to put the .exe file in my StarCraft folder and run it.
I'm using french version of Windows XP SP2 and StarCraft Broodwar 1.15.2.
Thank you in advance for your help.
ashara

Postby ashara » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:10 am

Yeah odd indeed. By the way, I'm also using the French version of Windows XP SP2 and it's working fine for me.
Spriggan

Postby Spriggan » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:46 pm

Maybe I missed something cause it doesn't work either on my laptop that also has Win XP SP2 and Broodwar 1.15.2.
To sum up: I just need to put AsharaHAIv1.2.exe in the same folder as starcraft.exe (i.e C:Program FilesStarcraft) then launch it and that's all, isn't it?
I'm using Kaspersky antivirus, does it have anything to do with my problem? Or maybe because I'm playing without the CD since there is a procedure in patch 1.15 ? /mellow.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':mellow:' />
ashara

Postby ashara » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:28 pm

I'm not sure about which version of mpqdraft or BlankAIVista I used for version 1.1 and 1.2, bajadulce has probably more insights about it with the entropyII test. You don't need to put the AI.exe in the starcraft folder, just double-clicking on the AI.exe should be fine.

I'm playing without CD too, BW version 1.15.2. The antivirus may cause problems but probably not in your case if it doesn't give you alert messages.
Stuff that may bring problems is editing the registry or cutting and pasting the Starcraft folder (but others versions won't work in that case too so that's not likely the reason)

Anyway, I will make a small test too, please try this 1.12 test version, it's based on the 1.1 one, I just changed the aiscript.bin.

[attachment=1020:AsharaTestv1.2.zip]

Return to “StarCraft Modding”