Ashara AIs

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
YinYang

Postby YinYang » Thu May 08, 2008 1:11 am

Hey uploading three more reps against your AI. It's pretty good for a non money AI but I don't know it seems to me the AI is way too passive. And they never attack in cohesion. They both kind of do their own thing play it like a one vs one. Also timing on some things can be better, like the DT rush I think they usually wait till they get four DT to attack? That's way too long the bo for that DT rush is late as it is, there's ample time to prepare.
IskatuMesk

Postby IskatuMesk » Thu May 08, 2008 4:25 am

baja = The targeting thing generally only applies to the attack command group and not individual unit targeting.
ashara

Postby ashara » Thu May 08, 2008 8:24 am

Thanks YinYang for the replays and the feedback,
I don't know if Terran with mines and tanks is advantaged in 1V2 or if it's just you :P but the AI can't do much.
Maybe you can try on non standard maps with; no ramps, chokes like this one [attachment=792:_4_Forlorn_Realms.scm]
It was made for Ai Vs Ai fight and it's a bit big and against the opposite computer tanks behind the small walls stop easily every attack though.

it seems to me the AI is way too passive. And they never attack in cohesion.

It may be passived because I removed the ally defense commands, this wasn't effective as the ally often send troups one by one which are easily slaughtered.
For the cohesion, this is definitely an interesting point. For the early part it will be difficult as I don't know how a computer can find what build order its ally is doing, if people have ideas about it just post them. But for late game - unfortunately you don't reach that point :P - it should be possible although this will lead to more predictable attacks, for example one attack at the 10' mark, one at 15'...

like the DT rush I think they usually wait till they get four DT to attack? That's way too long the bo for that DT rush is late as it is, there's ample time to prepare.

Yeah, this is not what I expected, AI should send them one by one. Sometimes it works, other times no. I will try to understand and fix it.

As for the AI sending its troup in a line, I see what you mean after watching your replays, especially the last one :)
Not much to be done here until a micro AI works.
ashara

Postby ashara » Thu May 08, 2008 4:37 pm

Yes I missed that one, I use nearly exclusively send_suicide, it's not easy to time attacks using the other commands. The thing I rely on is that units are not slaughtered too quickly so that even if coming in line they will group while fighting.
YinYang

Postby YinYang » Sat May 10, 2008 10:15 am

Hey played your AI on the ai vs ai map vs 3 zerg. I've notice that they don't build any lurkers and go rather hydra heavy. That's a pretty bad unit composition, hydras get eaten up by m&m army, unless supported late game with defilers with plague/swarm. I think you're doing a great job with the AI and with a few fix up your AI can be a rather formidable foe.
ashara

Postby ashara » Sat May 10, 2008 10:34 am

That's some nice m&m control :)
I don't use defilers cause their dark swarm use is just terrible. As for lurkers I will try using some to see how it goes. They are usually not very effective and easy targets, because they burrow and unburrow at the wrong times.

The main thing I can do is to choose better the build orders, not going mutas against m&m for example but I don't think there is something that will against your micro.

edit: As a second thought, lurkers are not so great because they kill ally units too.
ashara

Postby ashara » Sun May 18, 2008 4:24 pm

Version 1.2 is out

I'm working on the early game, I put fixed timings for attacks. If this works well, AIs will attack at the same times. This should be more noticeable on games with many computer players. I haven't put yet the choice of AI build order depending on the player's one.
Attacks are more or less coordinated until the ten minutes mark. After that AI will probably be more passive.
Bhodi

Postby Bhodi » Sun May 18, 2008 5:58 pm

I'll try it out.

Any chance you will build a decent 1v1 cheating script such as Racine or Ahzz? No offense, I think these non-cheating scripts are great and are probably way harder to write than the cheating ones and a hell of a lot better coded too! Waaaay better. I never wrote a script, but I've studied a lot of the ones on this site and I think that Ahzz Ai is just a big mess imo. It's fun, so I guess that's all that matters.

What I am trying to say is that you should make a cheating script too because your scripts are well written and I'm sure it would be really fun to play and be the better than everything else. Playing 1v2 or 1v3 computers isn't as fun as 1v1. But not some super cheating script like your Ai vs. Ai script. I mean a insane script not some gay FMP like script.
ashara

Postby ashara » Sun May 18, 2008 8:07 pm

Any chance you will build a decent 1v1 cheating script such as Racine or Ahzz? No offense, I think these non-cheating scripts are great and are probably way harder to write than the cheating ones and a hell of a lot better coded too! Waaaay better. I never wrote a script, but I've studied a lot of the ones on this site and I think that Ahzz Ai is just a big mess imo. It's fun, so I guess that's all that matters.

Maybe I'll do something for a cheating TeamMelee I don't think it has been done yet (mixed attacks could be fun), that could be adapted for normal 1Vs1 though.
Ahzz Ai is working really fine and it will be difficult to do something as good. Difficulty will be hard to set too, there is a wide range of skill here. And after a certain level, people will just outmicro the Ai anyway.

Maybe I will do something in the BWAPI project, it seems really promising. My coding skills are not great in C++ and I know nothing of assembler so I just try to follow a bit for the moment.

Return to “StarCraft Modding”