Ashara AIs

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
Bhodi

Postby Bhodi » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:00 am

[quote name='Abaddon' post='3271' date='Mar 24 2008, 03:32 PM']And I really think you guys are close to make an unpredictable and effective ai. If you finish that contest and add the most effective no-ais into one script (maybe tweak them a bit for human "needs"), I'm sure it will be wicked.
I mean, Asharas DT rush is predictable right now, because P does only seem to have two possible buildorders, but with an additional bunch of alternatives... jeez... it's frightening just to think about it.[/quote]baja read this! :roll: ^^ Round up all of the non-cheating Ai's on this site and roll them up into one mean bad ass Ai!

Ashara: vs. Human, Ai vs. Ai
Avance70: P,Z
baja: vs. Human (Raynor) + Ai vs. Ai
easychat: vs. Human + Ai vs. Ai modified version
Racine: Ai vs. Ai
Zelduck: vs. Human, Ai vs. Ai

who did i forget? anybody? :P I know em all. I've been following this website and the non-cheating Ai's for a long time.. like the lurker I am. :P
XzxFlamerxzX

Postby XzxFlamerxzX » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:29 am

That would be nice. Id like to see an awesome non-cheating AI package. Just have it randomize scripts and it will be unpredictable. This is made easier by the PyAI external jumps. Just make the "loader sciript" that randomly jumps to one of the non-cheating scripts (stored separately for easier updating).
Spirus

Postby Spirus » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:12 am

[quote name='bajadulce' post='3278' date='Mar 24 2008, 10:08 PM']btw.. Ashara and I played a 2v3 today against the ZelduckAshara v1.0 Ai and pretty much got whooped.[/quote]Ya, non-cheating ai's can be easy..... wait.. what? you lost? :P
IskatuMesk

Postby IskatuMesk » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:01 am

What happened with camelot systems - I think merlin may have gotten into blizzard, can't remember about him, but now Andy Bond is a programmer so when he went into blizzard all of CS kind of died.

Blizzard doesn't recognize the modding community. They think there is only mappers and wc3 really hurt modding because of how it's built (It's extremely painful to make a mod in wc3 due to its dependency on triggers and making global triggers is seriously gay).

I can make an extremely random  AI out of TGA for public if you guys want. I can combine the aspects that made RD great and make them completely insane like the mod is right now. It'd be like a mini-AO without the predictable tiers and special units.
Abaddon

Postby Abaddon » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:03 pm

[quote name='bajadulce' post='3278' date='Mar 24 2008, 10:08 PM']replay is on the other computer... sorry. :cool:[/quote]
Oh please show it, I want to watch it! :D
He specifically announced that he would play Zerg vs. the Ai without any lurkers. Lurkers just kill the cpu. Script do look great too btw.

True. There seem to be 2 common zerg-BOs (in general):
Hydra/Lurker and Zergling/Mutas. That's why this script isn't very effective against Zerg at the moment (after you play it two or three times of course), BUT...
yes... yes.. yes.. this giant all-in-one script WILL happen. I hear ya loud and clear!

...imagine it with all the other scripts. It's gonna be wicked. REAL wicked.
I think everyone will be surprised by that DT rush the first time. And if it's included in the "Big-Script"... god, I don't know what I'd do.
"Damn, he already has a templar archive. Is he going for DTs again? Not with me, buddy. My mutas will rip you to shreds... hehehe... What? WHAT?! NOOO! He didn't do that last time! WHAT IS THIS?! ! The sky is filled with THUNDER! High Templars! DAMN YOU! Oh no... no Archons... please... NOOOOOOOooooo *faints in distance*..."(me thinking, while playing) :D

This gonna be great!

Edit: Added another replay against that zealot-BO. And I didn't went for lurkers this time. :P
I'll play another race next time, I bet he'll wipe the floor with me.
Bhodi

Postby Bhodi » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:50 pm

[quote name='Abaddon' post='3299' date='Mar 25 2008, 11:03 AM']Edit: Added another replay against that zealot-BO. And I didn't went for lurkers this time. :P[/quote]:P What was the evochamber for btw? nice playing!

enemyowns_jump spire! Or maybe the rush statements that were investigated in the SCAI list of commands. They don't seem to be worth anything, except for maybe the 1st one "rush 0".
ashara

Postby ashara » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:39 pm

Thanks for trying that one, the defense was nice, you didn't have problems with stopping the zealots of the two computers.

Something went wrong somewhere, the rush was supposed to be 3 zeal + 2 zeal + 4 zeal. Maybe because the first ones where killed the last ones didn't come.
The white didn't expand too, that's strange.

enemyowns_jump spire

This script didn't go after the zealot rush. Maybe will put dragoons and archons for the next wave.
Bhodi

Postby Bhodi » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:55 pm

ohh, sorry I didn't notice that this was only a first step Ai.

I think dragoons are good against terran, but not so much vs. Zerg. (except vs. lurkers! :P) Archons are better counters for mutas but they take considerably longer to get. a few cannons can help, but the Ai needs to put them in smart places. Ohh then there's storm. The computer uses it pretty effectively defensively, but sure is stupid when it sends solo templars clear across the map to storm something. But you knew ALL of this. I'm just rambling.
IskatuMesk

Postby IskatuMesk » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:25 pm

The computer really isn't that good at handling archons. I much rather have them spam dragoons vs zerg. Dragoons and sairs.

Return to “StarCraft Modding”