Ashara AIs

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
ashara

Ashara AIs

Postby ashara » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:15 am

Ashara Ai update!

Made for the AI vs AI war, I have especially worked the timings against some existing AI's,

not sure this will be good against other AI's. Human players will probably go too fast for these scripts /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

My AI's don't use many of late game units and upgrades, they're costly and AI's generally misuse them.

One interesting aspect is that the Ai adapts to the early opponent build order. If you try a 14nexus BO, then

you should expect some 6pool rush.

UPDATE 18/05/2008

I added new build orders and modified the probabilities for the others.

AIs should do more cooperative attacks but this is still in testing.

[attachment=861:AsharaHAIv1.2.zip]

[cutoff]Read More...[/cutoff]

________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE 07/05/2008

This version should be more Vista compatible. No other changes. Don't launch the AI while BroodWar is running.

If you've got an error related to Data Execution Prevention (DEP) with Vista, just disable it.

[attachment=787:AsharaHAIv1.11.zip]

________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE 26/04/2008

Added fast expanding strategies, put match-up specific strategies.

Strategies are not yet based on player build order.

[attachment=744:AsharaHAIv1.1.zip]

UPDATE 06/04/2008

First full version of this AI, every race has 2 random early game strategies and 2 random late game strategies.

[attachment=668:AsharaHAIv1.0.zip]

UPDATE 04/04/2008

Second version of the AI designed for human play. Protoss script has random ending with ground units or air units.

Zerg is modified to provide an end attack loop.

Terran is not modified, this script is still not finished.

[attachment=663:AsharaHAIv0.2.zip]

UPDATE 24/03/2008

This is the first version of my future AI designed for human play. The late game is not done yet. There are 6 replays showing the different build orders of this AI.

[attachment=630:AsharaHAIv0.1.zip]

So finally I made it, this is the first version of my AI vs AI scripts.

They were designed to fight against existing AI's but they can be interesting even for human players.

You just need to have BroodWar to try these AI's.

Please post comments, replays.

Non cheating AI

[attachment=615:Ashara_Z...ckAIv1.0.zip]

My scripts are the PVT, PVZ and ZVP. I have taken the missing

scripts from ZelduckAI+ v3.12, see [topic="248]this topic[/topic] for more information on his AI.

This file contains my AI scripts too.

More information about this AI - spoiler for BWAI challengers /tongue.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

[spoiler]My scripts were made for the AI vs AI war, I have especially worked the timings against some existing AI's,

not sure this will be good against other AI's. Human players will probably go too fast for these scripts /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

My AI's don't use many of late game units and upgrades, they're costly and AI's generally misuse them.

One interesting aspect is that the Ai adapts to the early opponent build order. If you try a 14nexus BO, then

you should expect some 6pool rush.

PVT:

My first script, use some mix with dark templars and carriers.

ZVP:

You know what one hydra is ? Then just multiply it by 100 and you will have a good idea of this script.

Beware of zergling rushes too.

PVZ:

This script was created to fight the ZVP, so it's build order should be better when used against a 6pool no-rush zerg - not a very common zerg start though

Other scripts:

Just too lazy to do these scripts so I borrowed the ones Zelduck made. If my first scripts are working well, I will try to make these in a not so distant future.[/spoiler]

Your AI always beat me, how can I avoid this ?

[spoiler]Post replays, and don't worry this happened to me too while creating some AI's /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Maybe you should stop trying to win this 1 Vs 7AI game.

If you really need some tricks :

Try to prevent the AI from getting its first expansion.

Use a scouting worker to lure all the AI's workers out of his base.

Try walling your base or put lurkers in front of it.[/spoiler]

Your AI is so weak, I beat it playing with my feet, what next ?

[spoiler]Post replays - and a video too, never see a guy playing with his feet /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Any comments will be welcome to improve this AI.

Try some game against 2 or more AI's of different races, play on ground maps and avoid walling.

You can make your own AI too, see following spoiler.

And if all this is not enough, beat 7 AI's of the future ZONS2.0, made by IskatuMesk.

After that either you're cheating or you should seriously think about some Starcraft progamer career.[/spoiler]

Okay so I want to make my own AI, what should I do ?

[spoiler]That's not too difficult, I even managed to do it.

You don't need much programming experience, if you've ever tried to make some game on a school calculator that will be enough.

However, you should be mentally prepared to some frustration when your AI won't work as you want.

First, see the [topic="147]getting started topic[/topic].

If you've got any question about how to install the different softwares, creating your .exe files,... just

post it - you should also check in the forum topics, it has probably been answered before, like nearly all my questions /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

You could try modifying some existing AI scripts - I don't recommend to start modifying mine, I have

some trouble doing it myself - or create yours from scratch. That's quite easy to make a 5 pool rush and it can be

pretty effective.

One rule : keep it safe and simple, for example making too many multirun calls will often crash the AI.

Some very short scripts are very powerful.

I know I didn't really follow this rule but I always want to make some useless stuff /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Then you just have to improve your AI until it finally beats every single opponent on its way to achieve ultimate

domination of the universe, good luck with it.[/spoiler]

Cheating AI

[attachment=618:Ashara_c...ngAIv1.0.zip]

This AI won't run out of money. For AI vs AI war too, I have done so far the PVZ, PVP, PVT and a weak version of TVP.

More information about this cheating AI - spoiler for BWAI challengers

[spoiler]These scripts are not opponent specific, so if you try to use the PVZ one in a PVT match it should work fine too.

The main difference is in the set of units they use.

PVZ :

First script, probably the most powerful but Zerg scripts are really tough so it probably won't stay alive very long. Use fast dark templars, and corsairs.

This script is probably better than the 2 others even in their own match-ups.

PVP :

Use many dragoons and some dark archons too

PVT :

This one used arbiters but it often crashed the game so I removed them in this version. Beware of mass carrier attack.

TVP :

A Terran script where they are no tanks, not very effective. It was done to test the PVT.[/spoiler]

Your AI stay idle or crash Broodwar, what happened ?

[spoiler]When I start playing Broodwar I laughed at the Zerg AI that sometimes locked after training 13 drones. I know better since I've tried making my own AI's /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

It's my first version so it probably has a lot of bugs in it, especially with the cheating AI because of its heavy multirun structure.

Just describe what happened and I will try to correct it.[/spoiler]

That's all, thanks for reading and have fun using it.
IskatuMesk

Postby IskatuMesk » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:28 pm

Lol, I don't see my terran ever beating the P. There's pretty much nothing they can do against the sheer macro. I've tried to make them expand but it just slows them down too much. Excellent work :D
ashara

Postby ashara » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:28 am

No terran AI's for me, except the TVP. Only one zerg AI too. I plan to make them when I will be less busy, but Protoss are just so mighty :)
And don't worry too much about peeking in the scripts, I think the strength of the non cheating AI's is not the units they use, but rather the timings of the attacks and that's quite difficult to catch unless you're using the AI.
Zelduck

Postby Zelduck » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:18 pm

Awesome man. Hopefully I get some time to play this. I'm in Riverside, CA right now (I live in the central valley), so idk exactly how this week is gonna go for me, but I'd like to get some reps of me against ur ai :D

so excited!

gl hf gg
ashara

Postby ashara » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:40 pm

Thanks, you'll probably recognize some AI's, playing against the non-cheating one :P

I have done some games with the non cheating AI, we were not very good :)
[attachment=620:AZ_AIrep.zip]
You should see these Zelduck.
The terran rush is funny but not very powerful, maybe skipping the suiciding workers will work better.
Zelduck

Postby Zelduck » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:49 pm

hey i didnt get to watch the reps yet but I dled them.

btw to fix the scvrush part of the terran script just change wait(1) to wait(15) in the send_suicide(1) loop.

It looks like it fixed the problem. Hopefully nobody will have another replay with marines just waving their rifles around.
ashara

Postby ashara » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:33 am

Thanks for the fix Zelduck.

I have started an AI specifically made for human play. And I wanted to know what would people like in such an AI. So please give me things that you want and I will try to make them. See first post for a first working version.

This AI is a non-cheating AI, so it won't match a good player in a 1V1. It will probably be more interesting to fight more AI's.

Actual features - could be modified depending on what you and I find cool :)

2 Human-like build orders per race - I will add at least a FE build for each race
Terran : 3 Barracks biorush and 2 Factories rush (actually this one was delayed with a third factory because AI handles really badly small tank groups)
Zerg : 6pool rush and 3 Hatcheries muta
Protoss : 2 Gateway zealot rush and dark templar rush (I didn't find this one - probably a bad one - so I just make it)

Build orders are randomly choosen

Weak defenses, the AI is rather attacking and expanding oriented

Possible features

2 random late game strategies per race :
Terran : tank + goliath or battlecruiser + vessel (and maybe SK Terran after the biorush)
Protoss : zealot + dragoon + high templar + dark templar + dark archon or corsair + carrier + arbiter
Zerg : hydralisk + ultralisk or guardian + hydralisk

What do you think of all this ?
I usually don't play following a build order :P so I just picked them around, tell me if something is wrong with them.
Please give me comments about the difficulty (too easy or too hard), based on the first computer attack.
I think the 1V1 shouldn't be too difficult for average player but I may be wrong.
Abaddon

Postby Abaddon » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:12 am

Hey there. Nice work.

Those zealots gave me hard time. Right now I'm only able to handle them on a ramp. You can see in the replay how lame I am. haha. Nonetheless you may want to see it, so I uploaded it.
I tried many different approaches to counter those zealots. I'm just not fast enough to get lurkers before they first attack and zerglings seem useless against those masses. (come to think of it. I didn't try mutas yet. hehe)

Oh, and here are some things that pop into my mind thinking about your AIs:

-Playing against AIs on a map with ramps almost always leads to a point, where I concentrate my defense on that ramp and once that defense is set, many games are decided, because the AI just sends his troops into certain death, not realizing that it's futile (or that he needs more units to break through). Which leads me to the following thought:
Did you ever play around with shuttledrops in mid-/late-game? In the replay a single drop would have been devastating.

-Corsairs seem to only distrupt units or buildings that shoot at them. Sometimes they fly next to their dying ground units and could easily change the outcome of the battle with their distruptor webs, but they just don't do anything unless I shoot at them.
Isn't there a way to change that or is it another hardcoded fault? (Or maybe they need to be in the same attack-/defense-group, like the unit that gets attacked?)
Despite that, Corsairs are still one of the major headaches, if I play Zerg (poor, poor Overlords...).
So I'd recommend you to make him use them more.

Btw. replays are done with

---

Edit:
[quote name='bajadulce' post='3238' date='Mar 23 2008, 05:49 PM']:) Blizzard will take notice of us yet damnit! ...and the non-cheating Ai scripts of BWAI will replace Blizzards 10year old script someday!!!![/quote]

They are blind and deaf, if they didn't notice you guys already!
But if you'd manage to create a non gosu-beating ai, it would take the attention away from the sequel. There is nothing to gain for them in helping you.
Imagine SC2 having a worse AI than BW!
I think, if this whole aiproject would be around Warcraft II, you'd already have the source code in your lap.
I really hope I'm wrong. A micromanaging AI would make this game timeless.
I'd sit in front of it for years to come, while my grandchildren shake their heads and return to their holo deck.
I'm getting a bit off-topic... haha

---

And yet another Edit:

Made a quick game to check out your new version.
Nice openings!
No clue why zerg build his pool in front of the minerals, but his timing was insane! Nice job.
And then Protoss caught me off-guard with his Dark Templars. I was almost done for, but could micro my ass out of that situation. :D
But you should really have a few additional dragoons against zerg to keep my overlords from seeing that build order. ;)
ZvsPP.rep = Ashara_ZelduckAIv1.0.zip
ZvsPZ.rep = AsharaHAIv0.1.zip

Goddamn, now that's a long post. Hope I didn't bore you to death with it. :D

Return to “StarCraft Modding”