AdAstras AI

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
BroodKiller

Postby BroodKiller » Thu May 01, 2008 9:05 am

The early-early ff rush is a double-edged sword, because you sacrifice the W1 tech for the sake of quick ffs. I think it's a bit like the 4pool rush in the original game - if it works, you've won, if it doesn't, you're either screwed right away or at best setback. Thus, if you implement a successful counter-measure (2 ions that we spoke of earlier should do IMO) then the strategy will no longer be viable and we'll probably resort to Dracontainment (haha, I am building a strategy even before it's needed ;)) for starters and then push to Embars. This will still be a piece of cake in v1 AI games, so v2 AIs (v3 AIs?) games is what I really look forwards to.

As for the difficulty-bitching...keep in mind that I fully agree with what Shadow said once: "If the game seems too hard for you - you're not trying hard enough!".

I think that with the demise of Maplantis the modding has suffered a hard blow anyways, so I guess Aga won't mind if you do what you want ;)
Spirus

Postby Spirus » Fri May 02, 2008 5:40 pm

[quote name='BroodKiller' post='3746' date='May 1 2008, 01:05 AM']As for the difficulty-bitching...keep in mind that I fully agree with what Shadow said once: "If the game seems too hard for you - you're not trying hard enough!".[/quote]You 2 are the exceptions to most of the ppl that will play this and I can see why baja feels the insane and Team vs. difficulty need to be made harder. :P

I think that with the demise of Maplantis the modding has suffered a hard blow
Ya I never joined that site, but I did lurk around there a lot reading topics and downloading stuff. The modding community was really tight there and the modding forums at SEN are pretty lame. but check out what I found here! :P
http://www.staredit.net/maplantis/index.ph...0861;post=62939
BroodKiller

Postby BroodKiller » Sat May 03, 2008 11:27 am

[quote name='bajadulce' post='3770' date='May 2 2008, 09:13 PM']I've done some experimenting with the mod over the past few nights and have manipulated the data once again in favor of the computer so as to get the Ai rolling quicker for the insane difficulty levels. I am currently nerfing my latest modifications as they maybe just a bit over the top, but the potential is there and the next version will hopefully be a good one.[/quote]
Hehe, glad to hear this...and leave it up to us to beat the 7 shades of shit outta it ;)

*Since the Ai can't really take advantage of the extended gameplay as does a vs. human game, the Insane + Team Vs. game mode will be a bit faster for the player in hopes to accelerate the battles.

You mean faster unit build times? Sounds interesting, although you ARE aware that it only helps the early ff-rush?

*inertia bombs make their first appearance for the cpu!

Oh?? This can be something really interesting, I just wonder how will AI control them, since micro is the most important part here.
BroodKiller

Postby BroodKiller » Sat May 03, 2008 6:50 pm

[quote name='bajadulce' post='3782' date='May 3 2008, 08:15 AM']ff-rush is no longer an issue with the next version. :roll:[/quote]
Just you wait...:P
I have been experimenting with this:
proposed for Insane and Teamvs. modes only
1. slightly faster and cheaper tech + more cash for player (150 material return + more  per turn for colony + outpost)
2. slightly cheaper later units such as tryants, tiamats etc.
3. slightly faster build times for later units for player.

Why? The computer works best when it has very little restrictions on what it's able to build. It also does extremely well at defending it's base when it can reproduce units quickly. Currently the computer is able to do such and it has been held back with large wait statements which bog it down. In my tests, this latest version is extremely powerful and extremely quick. I just feel that the player will have a better game if it can match some of the sheer power of the later Ai. Nothing dramatic, but maybe 20% max reductions for players in certain areas. Less turtling more action for these levels. :)

Sounds good to me, let's just wait and see how it works.
Spirus

Postby Spirus » Wed May 21, 2008 3:58 pm

There is a new Ad Astras out here

Some interesting new things:
Tyrants are no longer so no need to fix those buttons :P

Vanguards do not lift off anymore which kinda sucks for us single-player dudes.

Defensive structures cost supply

Embars have been moved to where Tryants used to be and a new unit called lamnia which has restore capabilities is it's new replacement. Do I hear cpu MEDICS that can restore lockdown? ! :P
Spirus

Postby Spirus » Mon May 26, 2008 3:18 am

Have you found anybody to play the new mod with? I'm looking forward to another Ai version, because I can't convince my buddies into playing. :(
ShadowyMOON

Postby ShadowyMOON » Mon May 26, 2008 11:12 am

I sometimes manage to convince my friends to play it,but other than that I lack people to play with too.

Return to “StarCraft Modding”