AdAstras AI

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
BroodKiller
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby BroodKiller » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:29 pm

Here's a replay of a 3v2 game of Shadow, baja and me against the "Team Vs" AI. Long story short - we got owned, but damn we put up an epic fight! The game crashed for Shadow and me near the end, hence us quitting abruptly. I post it for popular entertainment :)
Spirus
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Spirus » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:06 pm

That replay is unbelievable! Thnx for downloading! Holy shit, you guys had some epic micro-skills-battles trying to stay alive. I think if baja had helped you kill that orange comp you might have had a chance, but I guess he was just too busy with red. Red seemed to want to just kill him from the start. He had no chance. Red comp was nuts. :P

That one sequence where you lay down that nuke fighting to hold on to your outpost was epic. ;) I lol'd when Shadow used hallucinate, that was smooth under pressure.

The replay shows lots and lots of those permacloaked units. Wonder what caused Shadow and you to drop? epic game thnx for sharing.
BroodKiller

Postby BroodKiller » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:17 pm

To tell the truth, it was Shadow who laid the nuke (I didn't have any Moira reactors), and it was me who hallucinated Shadow's units to help him defend his base. Nevertheless, had we coordinated our strikes on Orange, I think we could've won that game, but we joined forces too late to deal some really significant damage. After that, it was basically a crazy fight for survival, when going 6+ stardocks really paid back. It must be said aloud that baja made a really impressive stand against the red all by himself, big kudos to him! It was a really fantastic and 3pic game. :)

As for the crash...I don't know. Maybe it was a resource overflow? But I don't really think so.
BroodKiller

Postby BroodKiller » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:55 am

Baja, the "Teams Vs" level is still vulnerable to the early counter-rush. It shouldn't go Laser Turrets but Ions directly, I think, in order to defend against it. Here's a rep from a very short 2v1 game of Shadow and me against it. It speaks for itself, I think. And to be perfectly honest, Shadow would have probably handled it even on his own.
Spirus

Postby Spirus » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:18 pm

[quote name='bajadulce' post='35' date='Mar 27 2008, 03:40 PM']Watching these 2 Teamvs. replays it is apparent that the computer is both way too easy in the early part of the game and maybe just a bit too hard in the middle game?[/quote]
This might be the case for the other difficulty levels as well, but I imagine most ppl aren't as aggressive as you guys.
BroodKiller

Postby BroodKiller » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:16 pm

BroodKiller

Postby BroodKiller » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:22 pm

Damn, it isn't good that you can't separate those 2 abilities...If Embars have both, the they are clearly overpowered (they have a strong attack and high HP just by themselves); if Dracos have both, then the AI can nuke-spam the shit out of the player on the higher difficulty levels...Hmm...
I think the best option would probably be to leave it like it is now i.e. without the nukes for the AI at all. If this is not an option, then with an aching heart I would suggest you choose Dracos.
BroodKiller

Postby BroodKiller » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:36 am

Baja,any chances for update soon? Do you need some more testing, or what?

Return to “StarCraft Modding”