AdAstras AI

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
ashara

Postby ashara » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:19 am

I just read the shoutbox history. I see you ppl have been playing against the Ai. Any replays? :( What games did you play 2v1? 2v2? 3v1? etc. what difficulty level?

Playing 3v3 against normal AI's, here is the replay. The computer didn't do much.
Spirus

Postby Spirus » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:48 am

That's a strange replay ashara. The Ai seems so much easier than the Single-player Ai I have played against but yet it's the same? The Ai produces it's 2nd outpost at around 25 minutes same as my own games. I guess the Ai really kicks ass after about the 35 minute time when it expands and gets later units.

as for the playing itself:
Ashara you are like a resource junkie! good thing the Ai didn't come for you like it did for baja. That was interesting how he led the orange and teal flies away from his base until those cannons were built. He kind of faded away after that? But you started kicking ass then. And BK.. that guy is pretty good! I like the bombs he sent to baja's base. :P how come he left game at end tho.. had to leave?

Now I want to try the Ai on normal again and see what is going on here? Am I just that bad of a player?
BroodKiller

Postby BroodKiller » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:33 am

I didn't leave - SC just crashed on me :)
I made a bomb push specifically in case baja may need some help early on (he did great against the ff rush, btw), because he had the worst position of us all. I use them as an early-mid counter in single-player sometimes, but they work much better in team games.

As for the AI's skill...well, something was clearly going wrong yesterday. We played 2 comp-stomp games before that 3v3 match, and the AI wasn't even weak - it was outright dumb! In the 3v3 it at least didn't stall or something, but it wasn't a real challenge. The single player matches I had were much more challenging, but I have no idea where could the difference come from.
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:13 pm

Im fairly certain baja said the AI was designed for 1v1.
ShadowyMOON

Postby ShadowyMOON » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:21 pm

Still even at 1v1 if you firefly rush,the AI just fails for the whole game. It can't recover from a rush.
BroodKiller

Postby BroodKiller » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:40 pm

Together with Shadow we played 2 coop games today, on Normal. The first was a 2v2 and it was quite nice but it wasn't very long until we cleaned up the bodies (with Shadow's nukes ;) ). Then we went for a 2v3, which was really entertaining early on, but later I contained the 1st AI, Shadow was keeping the 2nd one away and the last one stalled on fireflies and wyverns. I was halfway into destroying my AI's base when the game crashed, but it was an obvious matter-of-time win. Afterwards, we decided to play 2v4, but unfortunately I had to go. :)
ShadowyMOON

Postby ShadowyMOON » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:49 pm

So I played a game vs the difficult AI. Wasn't too hard and I guess it would have been a challenge if I didn't rush it.
BroodKiller

Postby BroodKiller » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:16 pm

I think early harass is something we should drop unless really necessary (for example playing 1v2 or harder). The longer the gameplay, the more time we have to judge the AI, and the better judgement we can give.

Return to “StarCraft Modding”