Zelduck AI+, For humans

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
Zelduck

Zelduck AI+, For humans

Postby Zelduck » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:10 pm

UPDATE6: I think fixing that bug with the terrans was the only major thing I wanted to change with my AI. It all works well now, and I feel my work is done. I'd like v3.13 to be the version used for the giant non-cheating AI script you guys are putting together. Although I feel like I COULD improve on the current scripts with changing around bos and tweaking, I don't have the spare 4-hour blocks it takes me to really get into coding. So big thanks to everyone who helped me with learning how to make AIs, and I hope you all enjoy playing with this AI. Also, gl Ashara with the work you're doing, and thanks for liking my AI enough to fill in your empty slots with mine for the time being. Don't worry tho, even tho I won't be coding, I'll still lurk the boards once in a while to keep up on what's happening. Plus, I'm dying to watch the full AIWAR coming up! :D

UPDATE5: I'll just be updating my AI every once in a while to try to improve certain scripts.

UPDATE4: Zelduck AI+ for humans finally released! With a total of 12 scripts, this is a comprehensive AI that uses typical builds from the current metagame (and some not-so-typical ones). Now now matter which MU you need practice on, Zelduck AI+ will have a script ready to be your practice partner. Be on your guard, this AI can sometimes be quite weak, and at other times be incredibly scary.
P.S. I'll need some feedback on how the AI performs. If anyone is willing to play against my AI pls leave a replay, comments, or both. This is only the first release, so I expect to have to work on at least half of these scripts to get them to play well, but I'm looking forward to even just 1 replay lol.
P.P.S. I'll probably post the actual scripts after a few revisions since I don't want to reupload the code every time I change it =P

UPDATE3: Getting close to finishing. Still need pvz, zvp, and tvt scripts. tvp and zvt are kinda stally and could use some work. zvz is maybe a little too short and basic. In short, "getting close to finishing" means I only have pvp, pvt, and tvz done (and the tvz is kinda bad). xD The pvp and pvt are sexy tho. :D

UPDATE2: I've gotten about 7 out of 12 scripts done so far. Although, it's rly not quite that much since a lot of the ones i've finished have poor resource timing and need reworking and tweaking, but the framework is done for those ones.

UPDATE: At this point in time, I'd rather use my free time for my new ai rather than work on my aiwar script, and I don't think there's much more I can do for it, so I'm submitting that now. But heads up for my new ai. I don't think I have the ability to make such a huge ai as I want right off the bat, so instead of having tons of random_jump options, I'm just making one script for each matchup and putting them all into one comprehensive ai. Perhaps once this is finished I'll figure out some variety to add.

Changelog:
v0.1: Protoss Cheese Script
v0.2: Started using compactor
v0.3: Added a Zerg Cheese Script (Which turns mantoss.rep into a zerg exhibition rather than protoss =P)
v1.0: Completely new protoss script! Old cheese rushes not inlcuded.
v2.0: Secret revamp of Protoss script for AIWARIII. Release due mid-April.
(I'll be playing SSB Brawl 24/7 starting March 9th, so I don't plan on doing any updating to my AI between now and April lol.)
v3.0a: Alpha stage of Zelduck AI+ for humans.
v3.1: Zelduck AI+ for humans first release.
v3.1x: See included changelog for further updates.

Zelduck AI+ 3.1x series:
[attachment=589:ZelduckAI__v3.10.zip] (3.10 includes Ashara's replays)
[attachment=586:ZelduckAI__v3.12.zip]
[attachment=606:ZelduckAI+_v3.12_Scripts.zip]
[attachment=629:ZelduckAI__v3.13.zip]
Zelduck

Postby Zelduck » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:07 pm

haha k thanks. I'll make sure I do that next time.

btw all 3 tosses use --streamunits--, but the ai's first send_suicide(0) sometimes comes before the first zealot is out, and the ai will ignore the command if it feels like it doesn't have enough units. It usually likes to have at least 4 zealots for some reason.

But yeah, I don't really like just rushing zealots. It's pretty cheap lol. It's really not even that strong if the opponent built lots of early defense or if the traveling distance is too long because the zeals don't know not to rush into sunkens, and rushes always suffer when the starting positions are close.

I am surprised that the toss lived through blizz's 4pool tho. Hell I've even been killed by that when I wasn't ready lol.
Zelduck

Postby Zelduck » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:52 pm

Ok Baja, I wanna try my protoss against Raynor et. al. Go finish that sexy new AI war program of urs.

xD
Zelduck

Postby Zelduck » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:23 am

Forget ZelduckToss v1.0

ZelduckToss v2.0 has just been finished at 3:21am and I'm tired as hell.

I hope it does good in the upcoming aiwar. It's got 1 bo for pvz and 1 other bo for pvt & pvp.

I'll take ur advice baja and not release it until the deadline.

GG, GL, HF, :D, <3
Spirus

Postby Spirus » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:45 am

Oooo another scripter using PyMSAI :) So I guess this will be ok in contest.

I am making a "cheating" one for the new cheating part of contest because you guys are just way too advanced for me for the non-cheating ones.

Sounds like I need to check out and play against your protoss script.
Zelduck

Postby Zelduck » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:58 pm

I'm just making some copypasta from the shoutbox so I remember that I want to do this.

"I want to eventually make a "for humans" ai that does standard pro builds (albeit horribly), but I'll be ok with it. As long as it's random, and does what a real person does (no bio rush tvp)."

The hard thing will be getting the timing to accurately represent a human's timing, but I think its entirely possible. I'll go for perfect pro macro timing, and absolutely horrible micro. =D
Spirus

Postby Spirus » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:28 pm

will your vs. human Ai be a non-cheating one as well? Looks like from what you describe about timing it will. I agree with you that randomness is one of the most important features of an Ai.

Return to “StarCraft Modding”