Armageddon Onslaught

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
IskatuMesk

Postby IskatuMesk » Tue May 20, 2008 9:20 pm

It's legendary so there'll only be one of it.

But there won't be ANY of it until someone figures out how to make icecc and SC handle an iscript larger than 65kb. Because I cannot compile this script.

edit - Okay, this is a very big problem that will kill any hopes we had to revive this if it isn't solved.

Icecc won't compile a script larger than 65kb which is apparently the maximum SC can take. I was already quite close to 65kb because of the rather large unit scripts.

So unless someone can lend a hand to bypass this and make sure SC can take it... well, this project isn't going anywhere (and the day of work I just spent getting p_q's work into working order has just been wasted).

edit 2 - Okay, apparently it's probably just icecc that can't take it. I'm going to have to harass shadowflare or hope someone makes a new iscript.bin editor.

Unfortunately, in either case, we won't be able to see eclipse anytime soon...
poiuy_qwert

Postby poiuy_qwert » Tue May 20, 2008 10:15 pm

I have the base of an iscript compiler done, i might be able to put some duct tape on it and compile your stuff for you in not too long a time if im not too busy.
IskatuMesk

Postby IskatuMesk » Tue May 20, 2008 11:35 pm

Well, it's something. I'd like to at least see how Eclipse looks with all of the new graphics I made for it.
IskatuMesk

Postby IskatuMesk » Wed May 21, 2008 4:02 am

See, the problem is the fact that both the units and weapons are a lot of code. And iscript.bin won't take hardly any of these. Eclipse is just one of dozens of similar effects that are needed for a variety of units. Even if I did that you'd be looking at like 1-2 units a difficulty. This is the first serious spell I've attempted to create and many more were waiting to be done.

If we can't find a way to increase the size... yeah. This is dead.
ShadowyMOON

Postby ShadowyMOON » Sat May 31, 2008 3:12 pm

Finally I and Hydra beat the damned thing!
Spirus

Postby Spirus » Sat May 31, 2008 4:46 pm

Ha ha you mean you, hydra, and 4 of baja's Ghostbusters + 1 Zons toss! :lol: I seriously thought for a second that just 2 of you alone were able to beat this... then I woke up.

What version .exe btw? Cause the replay I watched must be a different version then what I have.
ShadowyMOON

Postby ShadowyMOON » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:14 pm

I have absolutely no idea. Mesk gave it to me :D
IskatuMesk

Postby IskatuMesk » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:43 pm

It's the same one on CC.
razorgator

Postby razorgator » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:58 am

What?s the status of the mod? Has there been a way found to increase the size of the code? I?ve just tried out this mod and it?s a masterpiece just waiting to be crafted to perfection. I'm just hoping it can keep receiving support because SC 2 is still far off for the second mod of this. So what's going on?

Return to “StarCraft Modding”