Armageddon Onslaught

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
IskatuMesk

Postby IskatuMesk » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:20 am

The reason ghostbusters is so effective is because AO's script wasn't built under the assumption it'd be faced with that many units so fast. Once it starts getting aoe it will push out, but it's so completely open to nuke exploits right now it's hideous. One of the ways I was going to close this weakness was with the new defense buildings but I didn't get around to making them before release.
IskatuMesk

Postby IskatuMesk » Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:20 pm

They're jacked up because it's scmdraft. Not too much I can do about that. If I load it into a regular editor I think it will explode.
Spirus

Postby Spirus » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:01 pm

SWWWWWWEEEEEEET :) I downloaded, it worked without any problems and it is pure razzle dazzle!

That's a pretty funny replay baja. Mesk, we need you to upload a replay of you the creator playing your own madness! It is required :P

They're jacked up because it's scmdraft.
I pretty much suck at all that is modding Starcraft (well my scripting skills have been improving!). But what about Extra Editor? Could that editor help? If not the geysers, maybe you/we/some kind individual could fix the mineral placements especially the lower ones. Ya, other than those annoying things, the map looks great.

AND GREAT JOB ON AO AND THIS LATEST RELEASE.
Halachee

Postby Halachee » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:40 pm

The special effects in this mod are just amazing. The video on the main page is amazing. Everything about this mod is amazing, but it sucks that it can't be played single-player without using the "power overwhelming" cheat or playing with 7 terran cpu. Has anyone ever attempted making a single-player UMS campaign or something out of this? I would love to see this mod NOT need to find *6 other ppl (* idiots or assholes whatever you want to call them :P ) just to play it and then still get whooped in 10 minutes.
IskatuMesk

Postby IskatuMesk » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:46 am

I was intending to make multiple difficulties before I retired, and I don't think anyone with any skill in ums map making is interested in my mods so chances are you are out of luck.

Which is pretty gay.
Bhodi

Postby Bhodi » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:56 am

I agree this would make for a fun mini-campaign or UMS. I wonder why nobody is interested in making UMS maps for mods? I would think they would be bored using the same graphics over and over.
IskatuMesk

Postby IskatuMesk » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:35 am

The original plan called for a mini-campaign in which you play as a terran general named Cletus who overthrows Mengsk in a battlecruiser massing duel, followed by helping Tassadar (who's alive again) defeat Aldaris the Rapmaster by defending his fleet beacon - which is inside the enemy base - while he masses carriers. Then you'd fight Armageddon in a horrible and painful battle to the death.
Symmetry

Postby Symmetry » Sun May 18, 2008 12:54 pm

[quote name='IskatuMesk' post='3712' date='Apr 30 2008, 03:35 AM']The original plan called for a mini-campaign in which you play as a terran general named Cletus who overthrows Mengsk in a battlecruiser massing duel, followed by helping Tassadar (who's alive again) defeat Aldaris the Rapmaster by defending his fleet beacon - which is inside the enemy base - while he masses carriers. Then you'd fight Armageddon in a horrible and painful battle to the death.[/quote]

LOL.

Return to “StarCraft Modding”