Raynor Ai wakes up from it's 3 year snooze.

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
Bhodi

Postby Bhodi » Thu May 08, 2008 7:03 pm

[quote name='bajadulce' post='3847' date='May 6 2008, 08:35 AM']It will be great to merge this aggressive style with other ppls scripts and I hope to be able to find time to work a bit on the PvZ script as well as the Terran one before the merge is complete.[/quote]
Does this mean this is the end for Raynor Ai? No offense to the other scripts, but this 3.0 PvT is the best non-cheating Ai of all time and it has a lot of random builds without additional scripts. The Entropy Ai will be fun not knowing what game it will randomly choose, but I would really like to see the rest of Raynor 3.0 as well as the Entropy Ai too.

Watching these replays after some time off, I can see the difference between my style of Ai vs. others. Almost all of my scripts are extremely aggressive meaning small attack waves and constant pressure as opposed to large build ups. This works great to keep ppl turtled up in their base.

I have examined these replays and the resource timing is really good too. It's amazing how well the ai spends what little bit of money it has and always seems to be building the right things at the right time. how do you do this?
YinYang

Postby YinYang » Sat May 10, 2008 11:14 am

I really like this script. It's very aggressive and have enough varying BO. I was rather surprise, it kept attacking me at the beginning I defiantly wasn't expecting that and the attack were well coordinate. Though late game why do they get dark archons? And why so many archons? Computer can actually micro high templars rather ridiculously because of the map hack so.
JH24

Postby JH24 » Thu May 28, 2009 5:30 pm

I've been trying lately to play 1v2 games but I've never been able to win one of them, no matter which AI I face. I really wanted to upload a 1v2 replay, but I'm just not good enough, I always lose within the first 10 minutes. Most of the 1v1 battles also give me trouble, I still enjoy every match a lot though. :)

The replay I've uploaded now is a 1v1 against Raynor 2.1. I had a great game and I really enjoyed myself in this match. You're AI really caught me off guard at one point. It ended in a massive, bloody battle as I desperately tried to gain control over the game again while slowly trying to advance towards the enemy Hive Cluster.

Awesome AI, Bajadulce. It rushed me very early, and then sended large attack groups of Zerglings, Hydralisks and Lurkers. Good thing I just had those Observers ready. I also noticed the AI had an Ultralisk Cavern, and I'm very sure it would have used them against me if I hadn't stopped it. I even spotted Defilers.

I really like your and I enjoyed every minute. I really want to show a replay of me playing against Raynor Protoss and Terran too.

[attachment=1569:1a.rep]
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Thu May 28, 2009 6:33 pm

Raynor AI is one of the more stable ones around here, and usually is extremely reliable in most situations. The terran, along with Ashara Zerg, must be one of the most underrated AIs ever.
Though late game why do they get dark archons?
??? Ohh that's a mistake. I see in the code there is a defensebuild_gg 1 dark_archon. That line was supposed to read dark_templar. my bad.

This will be fixed in Entropy Prime. ;)
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:02 pm

A while back, Equalizer wrote a simple 4 pool AI that kept streaming lings. http://www.broodwarai.com/forums/index.php...post&p=7563

He apparently couldn't find a AI that beat it at that point til I came up with the shifting rax/bunker multirun thingy. I just tested this T script vs it and it did ok on big maps such as tau, destination, or Byzantium, but it cannot hold it off on Colosseum or either of the python reps. That still seems to be better than before.

I actually edited your script to have the multirun in e3 (though it is not available yet) with some extra tweaks to econ and it seems a lot more effective with all attacks about being 20 seconds faster while being practically immune to AI rushes but I can also try to adapt it to this current script and see how it does. As you know, a good ai vs ai script is not the same for scripts we'll use in Entropy. So I think I could tweak a "standard" version maybe. Not to mention ppl usually don't play with maphack on so they can't just 4 pool it every time.

Here is your current script vs the Equalizer one. Anyhow, it's nice to see a very adaptive AI; I've never really put in the effort to do one and Ashara's the only other one that wrote scripts like that.

edit: It also builds a bunker vs toss; should rack up like 5 more pts lol

edit 2: Here's a rep (I used this 1.1T vs Ashara Z exe if that matters) It is much more effective than the original scripts since it has a bigger army and upgrades but it sorta takes a while to attack. But pretty good still.
[attachment=2169:raynor_1.1.rep]
Archon_Wing

Postby Archon_Wing » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:53 am

Ok thnx, I'll check them out when I get a chance. I agree on the "vs humans" scripts only that they give a chance to do things you wouldn't otherwise do in Ai vs. Ai due to sheer suicide. The much needed randomness is no longer an issue tho as E3 represents many random scripts.

Oh, I don't mean just the random part. There's some things that are extremely optimized for ai vs ai fight. See Archon_Wing T vs Zelduck P in the BWAI war 4 launcher for an extremely lame example of something that only works vs another AI. Actually it could be said of the tvp for mine in general. :lol:

Somehow the AI has to find a better way to determine when it should go for it and when it should turtle. I say "go for it". Seems "go for it" works better for the majority, rather than trying to fit all the different scenarios.

Yea, I don't really write scripts to be reactive just because it acts kinda funky at times. But you could use certain milestones to determine action. enemyowns_jump (lair,... for vs cz for example which never builds one.

And Myk's AI is very strong, if not the strongest at Z; if he added some more defense, it'd be hard for the poor terran to beat.

Return to “StarCraft Modding”