Ahzz AI

Help - Resources - AI Scripting - Grafting - Plugins - Modding Projects
Kryose
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kryose » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:18 pm

[quote name='ashara' post='3636' date='Apr 25 2008, 01:14 PM']If you've got a "data execution prevention" error with vista, you might want to go there
and disable it, I hope it helps :)[/quote]

Great! I will try that later tonight.

Thanks alot,
Kryose
ShadowyMOON
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby ShadowyMOON » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:51 pm

Is Ahhz still working on the AI? I've played vs it quite a lot and I really like it,as it doesn't seem to use the give_money command unlike Racine.
Kryose

Postby Kryose » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:42 pm

Thanks for all the help regarding this. I was able to get Ahzz AI working by disabling DEP altogether on my Vista system. I played a bunch of network games with my Brother (he was using XP) against the AI. A couple times with 2v2 and a couple with 4v4 (2 comp allies). Holy crap, the games get alot more drawn out then they used to against normal AI opponents, and when they get to their late game, it's damn near impossible to keep up against the large armies they send. As I only recently learned about unit micro just recently (watching the english commentated Starcraft matches on GomTV), I am not a very adept player... yet :) . All in all, great fun.

Although I did have one issue with one of our long 4v4 games. Very late in the game when I was seriously bailing out my brother from being overrun with 3 zerg opponents, I was starting to take out a bunch of their expansions. Just when the game was looking like a sure win for the good guys, my game (on the Vista machine) crashed to desktop. I speculated that this was the fault of the AI, but until reading your posts I wasn't really sure.

Mainly, I would like to know if there is a more stable AI that offers the same kind of fun and challenge that Ahzz AI delivers (and Vista compatible). We tend to play on normal maps where expanding is essential and avoid the unlimited resource maps (such as FMEs). I understand that most, if not all, of you on these boards are also avid AI editors and you are used to debugging and testing various different AIs in a given week/day. Unfortunately, I am not that AI-savvy and because of this, I am hoping for a suggested AI that takes care of all the races (and combinations if possible, ie PvZ, TvP, etc) and is as easy to run as Ahzz (no needing to extract anything into some other bin file :roll: ).

I guess what I am saying is that I am greedy and I want all the work done for me! :P (I sure hope I am not sounding like a dick... pass it off as ignorance :))

Also (yes, more)... is there a way to increase the number of units allowed in the game? A bunch of times during the 4v4 we were getting a 'too many units' warning and we weren't allowed to build anything. This isn't a big deal as things are always dieing, but it would be nice to not be limited by it. (I am not talking about the 200 unit cap per player)

Again, thanks alot for all of your replies and I look forward to any suggestions that you might have.

Kryose
Kryose

Postby Kryose » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:37 pm

Spirus

Postby Spirus » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:03 pm

Kryose

Postby Kryose » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:24 pm

If I get too badly killed by the cheating AI, I will try that one out. I assume that the 1v2 means that it is balanced to have 2 comps against little ol' me... I'm going to bet on the comps /blink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

Also, concerning part of my question in the previous post (shown below) is there any way to take care of the game's object cap?

[quote name='Kryose' post='3721' date='Apr 30 2008, 11:42 AM']... is there a way to increase the number of units allowed in the game? A bunch of times during the 4v4 we were getting a 'too many units' warning and we weren't allowed to build anything. This isn't a big deal as things are always dieing, but it would be nice to not be limited by it. (I am not talking about the 200 unit cap per player)[/quote]

Thanks,
Kryose

Return to “StarCraft Modding”